Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dalton starter next year?
(04-25-2020, 04:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Y'all need to chill with this doomsaying regarding our oline.  It's definitely a weakness but it isn't a catastrophe right now. They were 24th in sacks allowed and 20th in adjusted sack rate last year. And that was with Andre Smith and John Jerry making 10 combined starts on this line, many at LT.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2019_roster.htm

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/offensive-line/2019

We're replacing them with Jonah Williams and Michael Jordan is in his second year, after improving a lot over the year.

We're probably still a bottom half offensive line, but we didn't need like 2 new starters or anything like that. We need depth that isn't John Jerry and Andre Smith.

Thank

(04-25-2020, 04:23 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I want the offensive line to improve as much as anybody, but this chickenshit attitude has got to stop.

There are two rounds left.
There are UDFAs.
There are roster cuts.
It's April.

Relax.

You
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 03:36 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: With this OL being so bad and them not addressing the OL once agin this offseason , What if we just let Dalton start next year and fix the OL next year and then let Burrow take over. I’m just worried this OL is going to get the kid killed in his first year.

Dalton wont even be here. Burrow will be a day one starter. QBs that high in the draft dont have the luxury in todays game to sit for a year and watch/learn. Besides I'd take a young rookie Burrow over Dalton any day of the week. Burrow will only learn on the job and get better. Its time to turn the page.
Reply/Quote
A bit surprised people are so against this idea.. however, one point I haven't seen mentioned yet is momentum. Burrow is coming off the best year of any college QB's life, and immediately benching him might not be a good thing. We're not talking of a guy who has 3 solid years of college behind him, really he just has one. I say let him ride on that high and keep going.
Reply/Quote
This team is making strides towards a major culture change. Do NOT take the chance of screwing that up by trotting Dalton back out there again. Aside from that, Mayfield and Kyler Murray were fine starting as rookies, Hell even Gardner Mustache did ok. Burrow was drafted for a reason and it wasn't to watch how Andy does it.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 07:04 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: A bit surprised people are so against this idea.. however, one point I haven't seen mentioned yet is momentum. Burrow is coming off the best year of any college QB's life, and immediately benching him might not be a good thing. We're not talking of a guy who has 3 solid years of college behind him, really he just has one. I say let him ride on that high and keep going.

[quote pid='863603' dateline='1587854531']
This team is making strides towards a major culture change. Do NOT take the chance of screwing that up by trotting Dalton back out there again. Aside from that, Mayfield and Kyler Murray were fine starting as rookies, Hell even Gardner Mustache did ok. Burrow was drafted for a reason and it wasn't to watch how Andy does it.
[/quote]

Well said both TCK and "E".

Momentum is huge in sports, might be the biggest thing. Let Burrow feel like he is still rolling.

You don't just pop in the QB that has been in a major funk over him right when we are about to roll.

Crazy talk from the OP, just Crazy talk. Say What
Reply/Quote
The years of sitting QBs is largely is over. There are exceptions....Jackson and Mahomes....the current trend is to utilize the rookie contract of a young QB and build up a team. You lose a year of that with Dalton on the roster...there's no way he's here by camp. You don't sit your best QB on the bench. Besides, haven't we swam through years of "Get rid of Dalton" threads? (I was a Dalton backer, Cincy didn't have a better option....now they do). Let the kid learn through doing.
Reply/Quote
I cant believe we passed on Robert Hunt, Muti, AND Stenberg. DUKE TOBIN IS TERRIBLE!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 08:09 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I cant believe we passed on Robert Hunt, Muti, AND Stenberg. DUKE TOBIN IS TERRIBLE!!!

Completely understand passing on Muti and Stenberg with their injury histories.

No, Duke Tobin is not terrible in this Draft. Would of been terrible to draft injured players like he has in the past.

He knows more than you do about these guys injuries.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 03:36 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: With this OL being so bad and them not addressing the OL once agin this offseason , What if we just let Dalton start next year and fix the OL next year and then let Burrow take over. I’m just worried this OL is going to get the kid killed in his first year.
I don't understand why people keep saying that the Oline wasn't addressed in the offseason??

Do you expect a 1st round pick at every spot? Glenn and Willams gone. Upgrade.

LT J Williams...1st rounder
LG XSF...Upgrade
C Hopkins...is solid
RG M Jordan...is trending up
RT F Johnson...is steady

That's a different and better Oline than last year. Plus if players play better than the above group, it gets even better...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote