Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals in the mix for Trent Williams?
(03-27-2020, 06:27 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Um, it's not my place to burst anybody's bubble, but "bengalsupdates" appears to be a twitter account of a teenage kid with 111 followers, whose "sources" most likely are "profootball411" who also has no sources.

I'll cut a finger off and post a photo
to this board if we trade for Trent Williams.

I would need more proof, I would need you to video it and put it in the board Smirk  Nervous  Sarcasm
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Severing body parts and posting images is against the coc.

Or something.

Whatever, just don't do it.
Reply/Quote
I would be willing to give them Andy Dalton for him. Bengals could release Dalton and use the money for Williams.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 12:59 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: There is no way in hell the Bengals aren't playing their #1 LT draft choice at LT this year with Jonah. You're talking about taking 3 older tackles past their prime and moving them to RT after they've played LT their entire careers?
What the hell is going on around here???

Both Peters and Williams have played RT before, research Jersey....

Peters says he is willing to play RT as well so that is who I want more.

I know he is old, but we only need a year or two of decent play at RT and what better than a great vet like Peters?

That is, if he has kept himself fit....

It all hinges on this myself. But I would like to have great OT's on the left and right side and we just do not know about Jonah
yet at all. Not hating on Jonah or Hart but just saying we aren't great at OT yet or at Guard. Just want to hedge all our bets if 
we have the ability. With cutting Kirkpatrick and soon cutting Dalton we have this ability.

Then draft for the future on the Lines.
Reply/Quote
Offer them a 6th rounder and see if they are desperate.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 08:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Both Peters and Williams have played RT before, research Jersey....

Peters says he is willing to play RT as well so that is who I want more.

I know he is old, but we only need a year or two of decent play at RT and what better than a great vet like Peters?

That is, if he has kept himself fit....

It all hinges on this myself. But I would like to have great OT's on the left and right side and we just do not know about Jonah
yet at all. Not hating on Jonah or Hart but just saying we aren't great at OT yet or at Guard. Just want to hedge all our bets if 
we have the ability. With cutting Kirkpatrick and soon cutting Dalton we have this ability.

Then draft for the future on the Lines.

We are 100% aligned on Peters. He'll come cheap. He can play RT. He can serve as a bridge/safety blanket till Jonah and whomever we get to play RT get their NFL sea legs. He can mentor the younger guys. Super Bowl champ. Buch of Pro-Bowls. Once Andy is cut loose, and if we do not spend big on another player (Trent Williams, Thuney), we should have the cash.

A rookie QB with two rookie OTs (or 1 and Hart) makes me a bit squeamish.

I do not really see any downside. If he is willing to come, of course.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 05:12 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We are 100% aligned on Peters. He'll come cheap. He can play RT. He can serve as a bridge/safety blanket till Jonah and whomever we get to play RT get their NFL sea legs. He can mentor the younger guys. Super Bowl champ. Buch of Pro-Bowls. Once Andy is cut loose, and if we do not spend big on another player (Trent Williams, Thuney), we should have the cash.

A rookie QB with two rookie OTs (or 1 and Hart) makes me a bit squeamish.

I do not really see any downside. If he is willing to come, of course.

Well said, completely agree. Think after the Draft this could be a distinct possibility.
Reply/Quote
Williams and Peters value is going down with every OT drafted.

I like vets for value and would be happy with either if we can swing a great deal.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 06:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said, completely agree. Think after the Draft this could be a distinct possibility.

I think the Burrow Factor will help in attracting some Vet OL linemen...
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 12:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Williams and Peters value is going down with every OT drafted.

I like vets for value and would be happy with either if we can swing a great deal.

Trent Williams got traded to the 49ers cause Staley is retiring but Peters should still be a great guy for us to teach our young fellas.

(04-25-2020, 03:07 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I think the Burrow Factor will help in attracting some Vet OL linemen...

I think so too, don't think it is over for vet FA Lineman.
Reply/Quote