Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals interested in Andre Holmes?
Chris Tomasson ‏@christomasson 6m6 minutes ago
A source says that teams in the mix for Raiders free-agent WR Andre Holmes are #Vikings, Raiders, Lions, Bengals and Eagles.

http://www.nfl.com/player/andreholmes/2495453/profile

27 year old WR. Played with Oakland. Likely a depth signing.
Decent year in 2014.
Reply/Quote
I'd be interested in him as our 3rd wide receiver and have our drafted receiver be the #2.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Depth signing lol

We lose MJ and Sanu and we're gonna need real signing

Not sure why the Board wants to see rookie WRs VS the great corners of the AFFN

We're gonna need experience in that position
Reply/Quote
Has some speed unlike Mo, not a replacement by no means but would not be a bad depth
signing for TC. Like you said Shake, Holmes had a decent year in the NFL, so this guy is not
a complete nobody or anything. Actually had an okay year in 13' as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:28 PM)Housh Wrote: Depth signing lol

We lose MJ and Sanu and we're gonna need real signings

He's probably on the same level as Sanu, just a different skill set. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 04:28 PM)Housh Wrote: Depth signing lol

We lose MJ and Sanu and we're gonna need real signing

Not sure why the Baird wants to see rookie WRs VS the great corners of the AFFN

We're gonna need experience in that position

Actually the corners in our division are pretty bad...
Reply/Quote
He has speed. Probably a #3-4 WR. Still need to draft one.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:04 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: He has speed. Probably a #3-4 WR. Still need to draft one.

He is also 6'5".

Yeah, definately need to draft atleast one receiver if we get this guy, maybe even two if we don't get another fella in FA.
Reply/Quote
Oh yay <_< this free agency is turning out to be crappy
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He is also 6'5".

Yeah, definately need to draft atleast one receiver if we get this guy, maybe even two if we don't get another fella in FA.

He's pretty much Denarius Moore 2.0
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
If this happens, Andre Holmes could be a decent WR3. It really would (should?) mean though that a WR would be drafted within the first two rounds.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm probably in the minority but I'm hoping they look at guys like Holmes. I would like to see them stack a deep young group and see what shakes out. A couple guys like Holmes and draft picks from days 2 & 3.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:29 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: He's pretty much Denarius Moore 2.0

He not as lazy apparently. 
So there's that
Reply/Quote
Hoping one of the other teams are more interested.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:15 PM)Trademark Wrote: Oh yay <_< this free agency is turning out to be crappy

Got back Illoka and Pacman, both WR's got WAY overpaid so I don't know what problems you could have with it so far...
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:06 PM)I cant think of a username Wrote: Got back Illoka and Pacman, both WR's got WAY overpaid so I don't know what problems you could have with it so far...

Some just love to cry. Cry

BTW, us being interested in Holmes is a good thing. Would make me feel much better going into the Draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 02:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Some just love to cry. Cry

BTW, us being interested in Holmes is a good thing. Would make me feel much better going into the Draft.

Me too, he wouldn't be the best #2 but I think he could fill in if a rookie isn't ready right away, and he could provide solid depth.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:15 PM)Trademark Wrote: Oh yay <_< this free agency is turning out to be crappy

Nervous

We got one of the best available corners and best available safeties. And we've got a decent LB. I'm not seeing the crappy, outside of losing a receiver.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 03:05 PM)I cant think of a username Wrote: Me too, he wouldn't be the best #2 but I think he could fill in if a rookie isn't ready right away, and he could provide solid depth.

99% chance a rookie wideout won't be ready right away. For one most aren't, two, not a strong class at all to need a wideout. Especially not an outside receiver like Jones. More Sanu types then Jones types. And we'll need 2. Shame to need 2 receivers in a weak draft for them.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Holmes or Kerley would be the guys id like to see us sign. We still need to draft a receiver early.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote