Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals interview Harold Goodwin for o-line
(01-10-2018, 11:55 PM)CincyKid Wrote: All NFL position coaches luv our Bengals.........just get your foot in the door..........make some Brown 'friends' and stay for a while

Move to the east side and raise your kids in Utopia........send them all to college

Retire a millionaire and talk about the good ol' days w/ all the Bengal alum.........talk about a life

What do you all think Piano man made in 27 years ?

Enough to order much more than what's offered on the Mc Pick 2 menu. 
Reply/Quote
What is everyone's opinion on Cable? He was fired. Big name, but his lines with Seattle were bad. Run game seemed Okay with Beast Mode. Was the line struggles a product of Wilson holding the ball too long, or them trying to convert Dlineman to OT?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 01:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: What is everyone's opinion on Cable? He was fired. Big name, but his lines with Seattle were bad. Run game seemed Okay with Beast Mode. Was the line struggles a product of Wilson holding the ball too long, or them trying to convert Dlineman to OT?

Cable is a good coach, but he comes with a big time ego. Bigger than the trash we just threw in the dumpster. Honestly, I don't think our O-line is any better than Seattle's and he couldn't fix theirs. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 01:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: What is everyone's opinion on Cable? He was fired. Big name, but his lines with Seattle were bad. Run game seemed Okay with Beast Mode. Was the line struggles a product of Wilson holding the ball too long, or them trying to convert Dlineman to OT?

Rather have Goodwin. Hopefully they can land him.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 06:01 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Decent resume? He would have one of the best resumes of anyone on the staff. He would have multiple super bowls, helped lead Indy to one of their best seasons, and helped lead the Cardinals to one of their best seasons. 

I'm not really sure who we would find that would have a better resume based off team success.

Well, for starters, Austin has SB rings with 3 different teams..... on thing's for sure, we are getting more coaching success in the locker room...
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 05:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Anyone familiar with Goodwin's coaching style and persona?  I don't watch a lot of Cardinals football games, but I know that their offense has been pretty good.  Is he a "player's coach" or is he more of a hard ass?  (IMO, it would be pointless to have any guy in the position of OL coach that wasn't a hard ass)

How has he done with developing talent?  Do his draft picks tend to work out well, or do they have to stock via FA?

Sounds like to me he's a run first kinda guy and he knows when to be tough on his players.

Referring to Arians and Goodwin:
http://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-cardinals/post/_/id/23499/arizonas-harold-goodwin-could-be-next-head-coach-from-bruce-arians-tree

"Where the two coaches differ slightly are their offensive approaches. Goodwin has developed a personality as a run-first play-caller. Arians is famous for his passing game. But Goodwin has taken his foundation, which is rooted in the ground game as a former offensive lineman at Michigan, and offset it with Arians' philosophy of using the run game to set up the deep ball."

"Goodwin has also learned to be hard on players on the field while not sugar-coating his critique."

Here's another report about how well coached Arizona is and it includes references about Goodwin's job of teaching.

https://www.si.com/2013/12/18/bruce-arians-arizona-cardinals-nfl

I think it'd be a good hire, he's been interviewed for HC positions already so coming here and transforming our OL would push him right into that HC job.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 12:09 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: To be fair, those rankings are skewed: the Cardinals have had nothing but utter shit on their line since Arians got there, ESPECIALLY in pass blocking.

The fact he was able to get what he did out of them, says it all.

Good point Truck.

(01-11-2018, 11:29 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Harold Goodwin is actually one of the names I had on my list of candidates to replace Marvin, so I'd be pretty content with landing him as the O-line coach. 

I remember. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 03:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sounds like to me he's a run first kinda guy and he knows when to be tough on his players.

Referring to Arians and Goodwin:
http://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-cardinals/post/_/id/23499/arizonas-harold-goodwin-could-be-next-head-coach-from-bruce-arians-tree

"Where the two coaches differ slightly are their offensive approaches. Goodwin has developed a personality as a run-first play-caller. Arians is famous for his passing game. But Goodwin has taken his foundation, which is rooted in the ground game as a former offensive lineman at Michigan, and offset it with Arians' philosophy of using the run game to set up the deep ball."

"Goodwin has also learned to be hard on players on the field while not sugar-coating his critique."

Here's another report about how well coached Arizona is and it includes references about Goodwin's job of teaching.

https://www.si.com/2013/12/18/bruce-arians-arizona-cardinals-nfl

I think it'd be a good hire, he's been interviewed for HC positions already so coming here and transforming our OL would push him right into that HC job.

Great information Mike, i am back on the Goodwin bandwagon. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 01:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: What is everyone's opinion on Cable? 

I can't wait to see how they utilize him in Deadpool 2. They way he worked with Deadpool in the comics was great. He was a straight man to a lot of Wade's jokes but he also knew how to get the most out of him. 

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
They cant sign him soon enough. Who knows if they will sign him, but I would be happy if they did. I'm sure he would be a major upgrade over PA.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 09:26 PM)bengaloo Wrote: They cant sign him soon enough. Who knows if they will sign him, but I would be happy if they did. I'm sure he would be a major upgrade over PA.

Since they already hired Frank Pollack, I doubt they will hire Goodwin Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 09:31 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Since they already hired Frank Pollack, I doubt they will hire Goodwin Smirk

I just saw that! LOL. Honestly, I like either. 
Reply/Quote