Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bengals investing in Paycor Stadium
(05-22-2024, 11:02 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You're missing the point of where the money's coming from. Just because they have an initial investment of 100 million doesn't mean they are going to invest further money into "capital planning". 

The point is, currently the investment is coming from the bengals. Counter to your comment, you can’t assume the bengals won’t foot the bill at this point . This whole thing could be a quid pro quo agreement. They city said “pay for the upgrade, and we wil talk about the lease agreement”.

The future money can come from a lot of places. This round, the bengals are spending. Wasting time bashing the bengals for investing $132,000,000 is silly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2024, 11:14 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: The point is, currently the investment is coming from the bengals.  Counter to your comment, you can’t assume the bengals won’t foot the bill at this point . This whole thing could be a quid pro quo agreement.  They city said “pay for the upgrade, and we wil talk about the lease agreement”.

The future money can come from a lot of places. This round, the bengals are spending.  Wasting time bashing the bengals for investing $132,000,000 is silly.

I'm not bashing the Bengals. I said I'm not willing to sit here and bow down to them when they've invested 1/5th of the money needed for total renovations.

I can't sit here and assume they won't foot the bill, but you can't sit here and assume they will...especially based on the past stadium deals with the county. 

There is still roughly 300-400 million needed for renovations.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2024, 02:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'm not bashing the Bengals. I said I'm not willing to sit here and bow down to them when they've invested 1/5th of the money needed for total renovations.

I can't sit here and assume they won't foot the bill, but you can't sit here and assume they will...especially based on the past stadium deals with the county. 

There is still roughly 300-400 million needed for renovations.

It’s an elephant man, and a long road, one bite/step at a time.

Practice bubble, naming rights to paycor, investing 132,000,000 of their own capital. Yet you want to talk about the past, even though recently the bengals have shown nothing but a changing of the guard. Idk, to each their own, but it sounds like you might be forgetting all of the off field success the bengals have had recently. Overdue yes, but better late than never.
Reply/Quote
cheaper beer and food is the way to go.. we are AMericans and some, can pretend to be too, we don't need coaxing to eat and drink excessively, we are already good at that!.. dont invest mo' $$$, invest in better decision making.. BAM!
Reply/Quote
Surprised the Bengals just don't build a domed stadium so we can watch games in cold, wet weather. Other cities are considering it. At least build a roof.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2024, 03:33 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Surprised the Bengals just don't build a domed stadium so we can watch games in cold, wet weather. Other cities are considering it. At least build a roof.

The pussification of man, continues...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2024, 09:21 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The pussification of man, continues...

A dome simply makes more sense for a football stadium, especially one in a cold weather city.  

Being indoors or having a closable roof means the stadium can be used year round for things like concerts, which means additional revenue.  It also means the chance to host events like the Super Bowl, WrestleMania, etc.  Not to mention additional utility.  For example, Lucas Oil is right across the street and connected by underground tunnels to the Indianapolis Convention Center and they use the stadium for additional space for large conventions. 

No matter what, taxpayers are going to have to give something towards a new stadium, even if it's just land.  It makes sense to maximize revenue.  And sorry, I don't go to sporting events trying to get my man card validated.
Reply/Quote
Being the only team in the AFCN to build a dome would not just be embarrassing, but I doubt we perform as well in late season outdoor games against the AFCN, Bills, and Chiefs.

2022 we had kickoff in Buffalo at 32 degrees and then 22 degrees in Kansas City.
2021 we had kickoff in Tennessee at 35 degrees and then 41 degrees in Kansas City.

Last year the Steelers went to Buffalo in a 17 degree kickoff game and the Ravens hosted the Texans in a 27 degree kickoff game.

All outdoors. We don't want to be a dome team heading into that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 09:56 AM)Whatever Wrote: A dome simply makes more sense for a football stadium, especially one in a cold weather city.  

Being indoors or having a closable roof means the stadium can be used year round for things like concerts, which means additional revenue.  It also means the chance to host events like the Super Bowl, WrestleMania, etc.  Not to mention additional utility.  For example, Lucas Oil is right across the street and connected by underground tunnels to the Indianapolis Convention Center and they use the stadium for additional space for large conventions. 

No matter what, taxpayers are going to have to give something towards a new stadium, even if it's just land.  It makes sense to maximize revenue.  And sorry, I don't go to sporting events trying to get my man card validated.

I'll support the Bengals moving into a dome the year after Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Baltimore open theirs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 10:45 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Being the only team in the AFCN to build a dome would not just be embarrassing, but I doubt we perform as well in late season outdoor games against the AFCN, Bills, and Chiefs.

2022 we had kickoff in Buffalo at 32 degrees and then 22 degrees in Kansas City.
2021 we had kickoff in Tennessee at 35 degrees and then 41 degrees in Kansas City.

Last year the Steelers went to Buffalo in a 17 degree kickoff game and the Ravens hosted the Texans in a 27 degree kickoff game.

All outdoors. We don't want to be a dome team heading into that.

The new stadium proposal for the Browns is a dome.

We've seen the Packers lose with home field advantage to a variety of warm weather/dome teams in recent years.  

It just seems strange that everyone complained about a lack of an indoor practice facility for forever, but want the team to play outside in cold temperatures and bad weather because they think it will lesson the other team's home field advantage.  If that's the case, why not have them practice outside like they did for forever?  You can build a domed stadium and hold practice outside the week before a road playoff game to acclimate players (not that any team does this).  
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 12:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'll support the Bengals moving into a dome the year after Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Baltimore open theirs.

So, a decision regarding over a billion dollars comes down to...optics?
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 01:02 PM)Whatever Wrote: So, a decision regarding over a billion dollars comes down to...optics?

Not optics, an effort to keep the team on equal footing with the rest of the division.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2024, 12:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: The new stadium proposal for the Browns is a dome.

We've seen the Packers lose with home field advantage to a variety of warm weather/dome teams in recent years.  

It just seems strange that everyone complained about a lack of an indoor practice facility for forever, but want the team to play outside in cold temperatures and bad weather because they think it will lesson the other team's home field advantage.  If that's the case, why not have them practice outside like they did for forever?  You can build a domed stadium and hold practice outside the week before a road playoff game to acclimate players (not that any team does this).  

What a terribly bad faith argument.

The call for an indoor practice facility wasn't about practicing inside anytime it gets cold or hot. It's was about them being able to still practice anytime they wouldn't be able to otherwise practice (torrential downpour, lightning, freezing rain) that would either force you to cancel practice or gather everyone and their stuff together, board a team bus, and drive to UC as long as it's available and then you just wasted a ton of time.

The vast majority of practice is still done outside.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The stadium is the stadium and won't change dramatically so it doesn't really matter, but I'd love to see a hybrid approach similar to LA where the stadium is covered but it's open air. This gives us a bit of both worlds where you still get the colder temperatures but keeps the elements like rain and snow off the playing surface, especially if the league does shift back to natural surfaces over time.

Coming back full circle to original intent of the thread, this is a solid contribution to the investment. People want to act like the team should spend more, and maybe they should, but it also comes back to supply and demand. There are tons of cities who would cover the whole expense and more to get the Bengals to leave Cincinnati for them. It's not really that much different to what states/cities do to attract large businesses to their area this one is just a bit more public in nature.
Reply/Quote
It's a good and pretty large investment by the team into a property they don't even own. Spent properly it is more than enough $$$ to give the stadium a good makeover. Remember that this is all fan facing areas too - the total locker room rip and rebuild is a separate expense:

https://www.bengals.com/news/upgrades-paycor-stadium-locker-room-field-2024-season
Reply/Quote
Did anyone pick up a TV today? I guess they are selling a bunch of the old ones. I am interested to know how the quality is...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote