Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals lessons to learn from the Falcons
(01-15-2017, 04:12 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: 3.) Guts- Late in the first half, Seattle had a punt that they downed at the 2 yard line.  I think there was just under 3 minutes remaining in the half.  I pictured Andy Dalton in the same scenario.  You could see what plays would happen if Cincy was in the same situation:  Rush middle, rush middle, pass play where Dalton scrambles and throws out of bounds to stop the clock.  This is what Atlanta did:  right before the snap, the RB split out wide and they went with 5 WRs.  Shotgun snap, quick pass, 8 yard gain.  Immediately, you felt Seattle get back on their heels.  Atlanta got a TD, and went in to the half up 19-10 and never looked back.  If the Bengals had run their typical gutless series at the goal line, they would have given the ball back to Seattle who would have likely scored at the very least a FG and taked the lead before the half.  Instead, Atlanta went up two scores and ended up winning the game.  It takes guts.

Agree X 1,000

In order for Marvin to have a spine somebody would have to paint one on his back with a can of spraypaint ! I'm so sick of him looking to run the clock out before halftime I could puke. So thru with the 2nd half prevent offense. 

Trouble is just as gutless Mikey isn't.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Playing in the weak NFC South doesn't hurt Atlanta either. With that being said, the Falcons certainly have raised their game in the playoffs so far.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 11:35 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Playing in the weak NFC North doesn't hurt Atlanta either.  With that being said, the Falcons certainly have raised their game in the playoffs so far.

NFC South and it's not exactly a weak division considering NO is almost as good an offense. Carolina went nearly undefeated and made the super bowl last year Tampa was right there at the end of the year to make the playoffs. NOT a weak division.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 11:37 PM)WildCat Wrote: NFC South and it's not exactly a weak division considering NO is almost as good an offense. Carolina went nearly undefeated and made the super bowl last year Tampa was right there at the end of the year to make the playoffs. NOT a weak division.

I fixed it: NFC South. Brainus Fartus Maximus! My bad...
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 11:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I fixed it: NFC South. Brainus Fartus Maximus! My bad...

it happens. wasn't my point of contention though. more about that division being weak. it is not weak. i contest the AFC south and east are weaker divisions. even the NFC west is weaker than the south. consider SF and LA turrible teams.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 11:37 PM)WildCat Wrote: NFC South and it's not exactly a weak division considering NO is almost as good an offense. Carolina went nearly undefeated and made the super bowl last year Tampa was right there at the end of the year to make the playoffs. NOT a weak division.

they were 33-31 this year js
Reply/Quote