Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals likely to pick up Ced's option
(04-19-2018, 12:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think it would work. He's awesome at letting people past him. I can see the offensive line going to block him and Ced just lets the blocker go righ tpast him leaving the QB wide open for a sack. It could work, I tells ya! Ninja

Guys get a speed bonus when they run by him. It's like they accelerate due to a gravitational field or something. I think we put him on DL and let our LB's benefit from the bonus, gaining Ced Speed. It'll be like catapulting them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 03:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Coaching can motivate a player.  Good coaches have players play hard because they motivate the players to run through a wall for them.

It's actually hilarious that you make this comment when a big knock against Marvin is always that he doesn't/can't motivate players.
Yep.

True, coaching CAN motivate a player.  However, in Ogbuehi's case, that motivating needed to take place in his formative years.  It would be different if he were a gritty fighter with technical issues that needed refining.  However, with Ogbuehi, you have a nice big man that tries to get by on technique alone, when he needs to be big and mean and grow a chip on his shoulder.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 11:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: pretty simple  No need to overact.

You only have so long to pick up the option before the option doesn't exist.

But you can always resend the option before it kicks in...  So basically it gives them another year to think about it.

This doesn't make any sense.  If they can rescind it at any time then there would be no need for the deadline a year in advance.

I think that if a team picks up the option they are bound by it.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 03:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Coaching can motivate a player.  Good coaches have players play hard because they motivate the players to run through a wall for them.

It's actually hilarious that you make this comment when a big knock against Marvin is always that he doesn't/can't motivate players.
Yep.

I wouldn't call it hilarious.....he's one of the worst tackles I've ever seen in my 34 years around and watching the sport.  I've seen plenty of guys that just weren't very good....or out of shape....or what have you....but I've rarely seen a guy that just gives up as much as he does, and then just looks at his QB on the turf and walks off.  Maybe Pollack can get something out of him.....but it will take him treating Og like Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket based on what he's shown us thus far.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 03:41 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I wouldn't call it hilarious.....he's one of the worst tackles I've ever seen in my 34 years around and watching the sport.  I've seen plenty of guys that just weren't very good....or out of shape....or what have you....but I've rarely seen a guy that just gives up as much as he does, and then just looks at his QB on the turf and walks off.  Maybe Pollack can get something out of him.....but it will take him treating Og like Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket based on what he's shown us thus far.

How'd that work out for Private Pyle?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 08:53 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I have family who has said the same thing about France's bullet train.

The problem is not the lack of government wanting to do it, it's the people crying "not in my back yard!".

There is a high speed rail project here in the Mid-Atlantic that is on hold because of a town 15 minutes from me fighting it coming through.  This town was LITERALLY BUILT FOR THE RAILROADS!

As for autonomous vehicles, I agree with the sentiment that they will need their own roads free from human intervention.  Reason being, humans are too unpredictable in their reactions and will screw it up for the automated vehicles...

(04-19-2018, 03:41 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I wouldn't call it hilarious.....he's one of the worst tackles I've ever seen in my 34 years around and watching the sport.  I've seen plenty of guys that just weren't very good....or out of shape....or what have you....but I've rarely seen a guy that just gives up as much as he does, and then just looks at his QB on the turf and walks off.  Maybe Pollack can get something out of him.....but it will take him treating Og like Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket based on what he's shown us thus far.

Ermey passed 2 days ago, in case anyone didn't know...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 10:13 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Would he be in the league if not with the Bengals?

nope.  if he was a 7th round draft pick he would have been cut 2 years ago.  
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 03:56 PM)jason Wrote: How'd that work out for Private Pyle?

LOL.....didn't work out very well for either one of them, I'd say! LMAO

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 04:04 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ermey passed 2 days ago, in case anyone didn't know...

Yes.....I read that, pneumonia, sad deal.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 03:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This doesn't make any sense.  If they can rescind it at any time then there would be no need for the deadline a year in advance.

I think that if a team picks up the option they are bound by it.

only if the player is on the roster at the beginning of the season during the option year..

Quote:Every player selected in the first round of the NFL Draft will automatically have a fifth-year team option added into his contract. This option cannot be separately attached to the player contract.

The option allows a team to retain a player’s rights for five years rather than four, which is the bonus of selecting a player in the first round. In order to extend the contract, the team must inform the player during the period between the last regular season game of the player’s third contract year and May 3 of the next League Year (Article 7, Sec. 7, (a), 31).
The fifth-year option is non-negotiable, and the non-compensation terms from a player’s rookie contract will also be included in the fifth-year option.
Many terms allowed in other contracts are prohibited from the fifth-year option. These terms include option bonuses, option exercise fees, option nonexercise fees, option buyouts, or any other compensation that stems from the team exercising or declining the 5th-year option (Sec. 7 (d), 31).
When a team exercises the option, it becomes guaranteed for injury only. If the player is on the team’s opening-day Active/Inactive roster for the option year, his salary becomes fully guaranteed for skill, cap, and injury.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 12:18 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: If Pollack is this great magician that many on here claim, how did the Bengals land him?

If you haven't noticed, Marvin and the Bengals are starting to build quite a decent little coaching tree.

Maybe Pollack thinks this is a quick path to OC or HC somewhere else if not in Cincinnati itself.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 11:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: pretty simple  No need to overact.

You only have so long to pick up the option before the option doesn't exist.

But you can always resend the option before it kicks in...  So basically it gives them another year to think about it.

If they turn him around the option is cheaper than signing a LT generally.
If not they drop it and let him go..

Nothing lost

Well if you are correct about being able to rescind the option, then there is zero reason to not do it.  If he earns a spot on the field this year, then he is locked in to do it again.  If he can't earn his way on the field, you have the chance to retract it and walk away free of charge.  Nice...
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 10:04 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Well if you are correct about being able to rescind the option, then there is zero reason to not do it.  If he earns a spot on the field this year, then he is locked in to do it again.  If he can't earn his way on the field, you have the chance to retract it and walk away free of charge.  Nice...

Only problem would be if he was good enough that we wanted to keep him, but not good enough to pay $9 million.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 08:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Only problem would be if he was good enough that we wanted to keep him, but not good enough to pay $9 million.

Fact.

Reply/Quote
Seems like Florio is doing a bit of trolling.

There is no reason for the Bengals to pick up that option. They just traded for his replacement and we have Atkins and Dunlap contracts to worry about.

Knowing these things, why would the Bengals plop down $10 million for a bust? Where would Ogbuehi even play? Back to RT? I don't see it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Btw...I love that the first 3-4 comments are ripping Og.

You guys logging in to your PFT accounts? Smirk
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I hear it's cost effective....

https://bestbrothersgroup.com/automatic-doors/cost-of-automatic-doors-revolving-doors-installation/
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 01:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Seems like Florio is doing a bit of trolling.

There is no reason for the Bengals to pick up that option. They just traded for his replacement and we have Atkins and Dunlap contracts to worry about.

Knowing these things, why would the Bengals plop down $10 million for a bust? Where would Ogbuehi even play? Back to RT? I don't see it.

Yeah but you know his replacement hasn't played a full season In a few years... maybe insurance policy... (this year)  and the option pick up is a just in case measure.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 10:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: yes

Yes, he would be in the league, but nobody in their right mind would pay him the kind of money that his 5th year option would give him.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 01:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah but you know his replacement hasn't played a full season In a few years... maybe insurance policy... (this year)  and the option pick up is a just in case measure.

Glenn has really only missed time the last 2 seasons and word is that he's fully healthy now and passed his physical. 

You don't spend $10 million on a "break glass in case of emergency" type of player. It's not smart money...even if Ogbuehi were good...and he's not good.
Reply/Quote