Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals looking at Mayfield
Per. NFL.com, Marvin plans to be at Mayfield's pro day today. Interesting, wouldn't you say?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921164/article/oklahoma-pro-day-broncos-bengals-attending-mayfield-workout
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 12:15 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Per. NFL.com, Marvin plans to be at Mayfield's pro day today.  Interesting, wouldn't you say?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921164/article/oklahoma-pro-day-broncos-bengals-attending-mayfield-workout

Not a fan of taking him with first round pick with all the needs we have. 

Plus with all the QB's picked up in FA there is going to be a couple slip through the cracks and fall. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
But it would be a move for Marvin to get extended 4 more years saying he never really got his chance with new QB.

Because do not see him starting this season and believe we need immediate starters in first couple rounds to turn this ship around imo.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Marvin is undoubtedly there to see if Brown is at least marginally better than his combine. No way that Mayfield falls to 21 and there is even less chance that we would trade back up.

Really, it's head-scratching that the article assumes that Mayfield is why Marvin is attending.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 12:36 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Marvin is undoubtedly there to see if Brown is at least marginally better than his combine.  No way that Mayfield falls to 21 and there is even less chance that we would trade back up.

Really, it's head-scratching that the article assumes that Mayfield is why Marvin is attending.
Mayfield will be there around that range.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 12:42 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Mayfield will be there around that range.

QB's are funny.  You never know.  This is a deep group of FA QB's so he might.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, how do we know Marvin was there to watch Mayfield specifically?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
LOL smoke and mirrors.
Too many players there to see like Brown, Okoronkwo and Andrews, overall a total of 19 players there. So while there why wouldn't he take a few and watch Mayfield?
If Mayfield is there in the 2nd....then we might be taking him, otherwise we still have to much to fix before we try to switch QB's.
Reply/Quote
Hey, if he fell to 21? I'd be all for it.

In terms of touch and accuracy, he's probably the best this draft has to offer (maybe behind Rosen). And his biggest weakness, his height, is only 1 inch less than Dalton's
and the same weight so...Probably not too bad.

I doubt he falls that far though.

I imagine they're there just to check the boxes.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 12:15 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Per. NFL.com, Marvin plans to be at Mayfield's pro day today.  Interesting, wouldn't you say?

Entering the final era of marvin.

Dalton has a few years left on his deal with min dead money.

our backup QB is trying to find a new home

Preparing for the future isn't a bad idea. especially if we can give the next QB  a few years to learn before having to jump in the fire like Andy had to.

Worse case we have to draft another backup in 4 years
Reply/Quote
I don't think Marvin is there specifically for Mayfield. I think he's there for Brown first and foremost followed by Mark Andrews.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I just don't see Mayfield being around at 21. I don't even know if he would've made it to pick 12 when we had it.
Reply/Quote
He was there for Brown. He made comments on Brown at the combine about having to look into what happened and being interested in talking to him. Marvin has ties to his father through the Ravens and mutual friends. The Mayfield spin is just click bait.
Reply/Quote
Looking at Brown.

Marvin wants to win now, and he's not going to start all over with a new QB.

Also, let's not forget that we had two three game losing streaks last season and still finished 7-9.

Not to mention that he's not going to get rid of a key piece of our core when we're making all these changes with coaches to better utilize the talent that we have.
Reply/Quote
Sure, I'd take Mayfield to back up Andy for the next 4 years. Hilarious

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I could see us drafting him in two circumstances one we trade Dalton t ( won't happen relax not saying it would so don't jump all over me on this) 2 he slips to the second round. Their not drafting a QB early unless they get a super duper deal for Andy though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I’d say Marvin was there to see if Brown improved on his implosion at the Combine. I’m sure he watched Mayfield as more of a due diligence case since Mayfield may wind up in the division with Cleveland.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Good Lord, he's there to see Orlando Brown and probably Andrews as well.
Reply/Quote

Along with 20 other teams.....no news here.
Reply/Quote
So apparently Brown did a little better than his combine numbers. He did 18 reps at the bench press compared to 14 at the combine
Reply/Quote