Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Look Back ON My 2016 Mock Draft
I decided to take a look back on the mock I did back in 2016 and see how the players did as rookies and where they went.

Mock Round 1: Andrew Billings, DT
Went round 4, to the Bengals

We had high hopes for him, but he's penciled in as the started for 2017. So let's see how he does. Hoping he becomes what we all thought he would be

Mock Round 2: Tyler Boyd, WR
Went Round 2, to the Bengals

So far I'm 2 for 2. Boyd came in and did well for a slot receiver. Would have liked to see him get more chances at the outside, but overall he was productive as a rookie.

Mock Round 3: Deion Jones, LB
Went round 2, to the Falcons

Deion Jones had a VERY good rookie campaign. I thought he would be a great cover linebacker and he showed improvement throughout the year and made some huge splash plays. He also played extremely well in the first half of the Super Bowl. Would have loved him in stripes.

Mock Round 4: Graham Glasgow, C
Went Round 3, to the Lions

Ended up being plugged in at offensive guard after the Lions were struggling. He started 11 games. Not really sure if he was good or bad, but he's a starter now.

Mock Round 5: Victor Ochi, DE/OLB
Went undrafted, has bounced from team to team

Missed this one. He's gone from team to team, and was recently released.

Mock Round 6: Jordan Lucas, S
Went round 6, to the Dolphins

Has seen little playing time and only got 2 tackles.

Mock Round 7: Bralon Addison, RB
Went undrafted, went from Broncos to Bears and is not a FA

Also missed, but then again 7th round picks rarely do anything.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Mine from a SIM:

24: R1P24
CB WILLIAM JACKSON III
HOUSTON
- Has the great ball-tracking abilities (28 passes defenses last season alone). A bit raw, but I like his play-making ability much better than that of Dre K when he came out of college.

55: R2P24
WR BRAXTON MILLER
OHIO STATE
- I had other WRs ranked higher, but Miller provides the immediate help at slot receiver with the speed to help stretch the field if he moves outside. He needs to improve his deep ball tracking ability, but I love his long term potential. He also has the team-first mindset and maturity to make it in the NFL.

Went to the Texans with Pick 85 overall. Injured, but has potential

87: R3P24
S VONN BELL
OHIO STATE
- A steal here. A very complete safety coming out of OSU. Has the toughness needed to keep this secondary strong.

Selected by Saints with Pick 61. Very good prospect

122: R4P24
DT D.J. READER
CLEMSON
- Boom or bust pick that many might not like, but this is our immovable object to replace Peko down the road. Could rotate in this season. I think with the right environment, Reader could be an early round value and fits our defense perfectly.

Selected in the 5th round, very good prospect

161: R5P22
DE BRONSON KAUFUSI
BYU
- Not the biggest fan of his, but he was BPA in this round and fits at RDE with the potential to slide inside on passing downs. Relentless motor might push Hunt and Clarke in what is likely already their last shot.

Drafted third round, number 70 overall. The Wizard liked him better than I did and so far he hasn't shown anything with a broken ankle in camp that ended his rookie campaign.

199: R6P24
WR MICHAEL THOMAS
SOUTHERN MISS
- A burner to develop out of Southern Miss. Has outstanding YPC and ability to stretch the field. If Miller stays in the slot, Thomas may be able to take Marvin's "X" receiver after being developed behind Lafell.

Drafted by Rams in the 6th round.

245: R7P24
RB DEVON JOHNSON
MARSHALL
- Not my favorite back by any means, but I like the idea of a big, bruising back to finish games, move the chains, and catch the occasional dump pass. A brute when healthy, and an outstanding blocker.

UDFA signed by Carolina
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote