Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals may be better than we think
If we had Joe Burrow I believe we beat the Redskins, Giants and Dolphins.

Since we played them the Giants beat the Seahawks at Seattle and the Redskins just beat the Steelers at Pittsburgh.

Things are not as bleak as it appears. Granted we need 3 Offensive lineman for next year but that can be accomplished.

Long live Zach Taylor!
Reply/Quote
[Image: c0D.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
If my aunt had a **** she'd be my uncle... When one guy goes down, and the team doesn't even look like itelongs in the league, you have a bad team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Hmm, can't tell if misguided attempt at humor, or straight up trolling. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 10:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, can't tell if misguided attempt at humor, or straight up trolling.   Ninja

Thats some piss poor trolling...
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 10:39 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: If we had Joe Burrow I believe we beat the Redskins, Giants and Dolphins.

Since we played them the Giants beat the Seahawks at Seattle and the Redskins just beat the Steelers at Pittsburgh.

Things are not as bleak as it appears. Granted we need 3 Offensive lineman for next year but that can be accomplished.

Long live Zach Taylor!

We need 3 new offensive lineman. About 3 new defensive lineman as we generate basically no pass rush. A new LB or 2 that can actually play. Maybe a CB or 2 depending on Jackson and Alexander in free agency. Probably 2 new WR's atleast as we generate no seperation. Probably a capable backup QB as Burrow's status will be in question.

And we have a front office in charge that is battling it out with the Lions for worst record in the NFL over the last 30 years to do these things!
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 12:24 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We need 3 new offensive lineman. About 3 new defensive lineman as we generate basically no pass rush. A new LB or 2 that can actually play. Maybe a CB or 2 depending on Jackson and Alexander in free agency. Probably 2 new WR's atleast as we generate no seperation. Probably a capable backup QB as Burrow's status will be in question.

And we have a front office in charge that is battling it out with the Lions for worst record in the NFL over the last 30 years to do these things!

I agree we need all of what you say we need.

Since we need all of that talent it is hard for me to blame Zach Taylor. How can they expect to compete with our talent level being so inferior.

It is a process that will take longer than 1.5 years. Especially when 1 of those years had no preseason.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 12:29 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I agree we need all of what you say we need.

Since we need all of that talent it is hard for me to blame Zach Taylor. How can they expect to compete with our talent level being so inferior.

It is a process that will take longer than 1.5 years. Especially when 1 of those years had no preseason.

Talent always looks worse with bad coaching. Especially with the report that some of the Bengals coaches aren't working technique with the players.

The Dolphins gutted their roster, hired Flores and he had them winning by the end of last year. And this year they're 8-4.

And Zac has had more than 1.5 years. It's already 2 years. He got to add Burrow who was the #1 pick, got Jonah Williams who was the 1st pick the year before, got AJ Green back, added a 2nd Round WR. Then, they spend a ton of money on defense...

And the entire team has underperformed with maybe the exception of Burrow, Higgins, Boyd, and Bates.

Good coaches put players in a position to perform. This staff does none of that.

And on top of that, in a windstorm in Pittsburgh against a top pass rush and against a top 5 Washington pass rush, he decided to gameplan and throw A LOT which resulted in Burrow getting hurt.

Zac isn't the guy here. He was a bad OC in Miami. He was a terrible OC at U of Cincy. And he's been really bad here. Burrow is the only one who can make him semi-competent, but even at that...they can't run the ball. (And don't blame that on the line because last year after the bye they figured out how to run with the same personnel on the line.)
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 10:39 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: If we had Joe Burrow I believe we beat the Redskins, Giants and Dolphins.

Long live Zach Taylor!
 You are what your record says you are.  Over the last 3 years, They aren't Good.   I'm done looking at this team through rose colored glasses. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Long live Zach Taylor!

Come on ZT, shouldn't you be working on other things like improvement of you play calling and maybe replacement Turner and Lou instead of making these silly posts? 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
If we're good enough to have won the last 3 games with Joe Burrow, imagine how many wins we'd have if we had a Joe Burrow AND a competent coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
How do fans like this still exist?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 08:58 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Come on ZT, shouldn't you be working on other things like improvement of you play calling and maybe replacement Turner and Lou instead of making these silly posts? 

Interestingly on Lou, the defense has improved the past 3 games...which I knew it would. When our offense plays good, the defense plays bad. Now that the offense is really bad, the defense will play well. And if both the offense and defense plays well, the special teams will be absolutely terrible.

THAT'S HOW the Bengals work!
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 10:08 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: How do fans like this still exist?

Mental gymnastics. The close loss stat can be spun as being close. Losing to a team like the Giants who then beat Seattle on the road. You can logic through us being able to beat Seattle on the road. etc. Nonsense.

IF this staff went from somehow the absolute worst staff I've ever watched coach to an even capable staff, we'd probably have 6-7 wins this year.

The Giants beat Seattle on the road without Barkley and Colt McCoy as their starting QB!

Here, losing AJ Green last year was an excuse to tank the season. Other teams overcome injuries all the time and even rosters with bad talent squeeze out wins with coaching and scheme tailored to those players.
Reply/Quote

Long live Zach Taylor!

Seriously they can't block, can't run, can't tackle. Have a terrible coaching staff, and the worst ownership in the NFL, and it's been like this for years. I think they have the worst total record in the NFL over the last 30 years, and have not won a playoff game in like 30 years.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 10:08 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: How do fans like this still exist?

Pick one of the following:

1.) They don't (troll)
2.) Mental Illness
3.) Age (14 or younger)
Reply/Quote
How did zac’s kids create an account?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Zac isn't going to just straighten this out. He's a bad coach. A bad playcaller.

There's really no coaches with experience for him to learn from here. IF we had Del Rio, he would have atleast had a guy who was a HC before on staff to help out.

Nope. They hired totally inexperienced guys that were his friends.

Just got to cut bait at this point before Burrow's career gets ruined.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 11:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zac isn't going to just straighten this out. He's a bad coach. A bad playcaller.

There's really no coaches with experience for him to learn from here. IF we had Del Rio, he would have atleast had a guy who was a HC before on staff to help out.

Nope. They hired totally inexperienced guys that were his friends.

Just got to cut bait at this point before Burrow's career gets ruined.

If they waste Burrow’s entire rookie contract with this coaching staff if would be unforgivable.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 11:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If they waste Burrow’s entire rookie contract with this coaching staff if would be unforgivable.

Well...I think this offseason is key. They have to fire him now.

Because say they bring them back...then next year...say they win 6 games. They'll view that as progress and bam another year. So then you're through 3 years of Burrow's rookie deal. An he's eligible for an extension soon.

IF/WHEN Burrow signs an extension here, can you imagine what kind of team we'll field when we're paying a QB like $45 million a year?!?! It will make drafting and having guys on rookie deals more of a premium.
Reply/Quote