Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals may never win another game ever
(11-29-2018, 05:58 PM)depthchart Wrote: How about this Fred ?

Marvin came here and started INFLUENCING the decisions that GM Mike made.

Unfortunately for you, this INFLUENCE Marvin has on Mike makes Marvin a Big Part of the very Front Office you try to blame.

Marvin Lewis has no reason to "influence" Mike Brown to not spend money on key free agents that would help him win.

Think about it.  That makes no sense at all. Coaches don't care about saving the owner money.  They want to win.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not spin.  Both Klingler and Smith were higher rated prospects than Dalton.

It must then be implied...

That EVERY first round QB that has been a BUST since the early 1990's would NOT have been Busts had they just been fortunate enough to have been Coached by Marvin since they were taken HIGHER than Dalton in Drafts.

Like I said, AWESOME stuff Fred...
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 11:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Since we have not drafted any good players in several years and we refuse to sign any free agents and every coach we have is the worst in the league I don't see the Bengals winning a single game for the next few years.

Eventually players will go on strike on the grounds that they should not be forced to play for the Bengals.  The players union will force the league to buy out Mike Brown and dissolve the team.  Another city will be granted an expansion team and the Bengals will no longer exist.

Hope you all enjoyed the victory over Tampa Bay.  Looks like that will be the last win in Bengal history.

Hope I am wrong.  I will gladly eat crow if we ever win again.  But I just don't think it is possible.

Fred my dear fellow,we will win this sunday. I am a 48 year fan,and no one is more down on this team than me,however,look at all the key guys that are on IR ? Its insane but they will play hard and IF they keep our QB up we will win with JEFF DRISKEL. Cool
[Image: c478a8773fd07fb1e9ff7d38714cc10a.jpg]

[Image: 83929778_81.jpg?w=343]

[Image: bags770766.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 11:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Since we have not drafted any good players in several years and we refuse to sign any free agents and every coach we have is the worst in the league I don't see the Bengals winning a single game for the next few years.

Eventually players will go on strike on the grounds that they should not be forced to play for the Bengals.  The players union will force the league to buy out Mike Brown and dissolve the team.  Another city will be granted an expansion team and the Bengals will no longer exist.

Hope you all enjoyed the victory over Tampa Bay.  Looks like that will be the last win in Bengal history.

Hope I am wrong.  I will gladly eat crow if we ever win again.  But I just don't think it is possible.

[Image: c478a8773fd07fb1e9ff7d38714cc10a.jpg]

[Image: 83929778_81.jpg?w=343]

[Image: bags770766.jpg]
I am going to read between the lines!

I am sure that the Bengals simply spend a percent of revenue on Payroll.
If the Bengals are not supported by the community the percent will stay the same, but the amount of dollars to spend will drop.
Thus our team will spiral out of control with inferior talent.
The NFL owners will push the commissioner to move the team as the Bengals will contribute less and less to the owners revenue share.
The League will pressure the Brown family to sell to an ownership group with greater resources. This ownership group will want to move the Team to a larger city which will be assumed more financial support from fans and TV.
Cincinnati will be The Cleveland Browns of this decade.

About right Fred Toast? ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Marvin Lewis has no reason to "influence" Mike Brown to not spend money on key free agents that would help him win.

Think about it.  That makes no sense at all. Coaches don't care about saving the owner money.  They want to win.

So in Fred's World Marvin has no influence at all unless he has an ABSOLUTE influence.

Since not ABSOLUTE he has none.

I guess he just shows up at Combines for Photo Ops, huh Fred...

Pro Days, College player visits, Free Agent player visits etc

Mike has him just shut up and be quiet while Mike wears ear muffs assuring NO MARVIN INFLUENCE on Roster decisions.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 06:12 PM)depthchart Wrote: It must then be implied...

That EVERY first round QB that has been a BUST since the early 1990's would NOT have been Busts had they just been fortunate enough to have been Coached by Marvin since they were taken HIGHER than Dalton in Drafts.

Like I said, AWESOME stuff Fred...

Even if Marvin did make the front office draft better he still has no influence on their free agent policy, and I already quoted you in another threat crying about how the front office did not do enough to fix our O-line this year which hindered our coaches ability to succeed.

You are contradicting yourself and accusing me of "spin".  This is ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 06:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even if Marvin did make the front office draft better he still has no influence on their free agent policy, and I already quoted you in another threat crying about how the front office did not do enough to fix our O-line this year which hindered our coaches ability to succeed.

Didn't Marvin say “The line is not a concern” going into 2017...the same year that the line was so incredibly bad that is finally cost Alexander his job?
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 06:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even if Marvin did make the front office draft better he still has no influence on their free agent policy, and I already quoted you in another threat crying about how the front office did not do enough to fix our O-line this year which hindered our coaches ability to succeed.

You are contradicting yourself and accusing me of "spin".  This is ridiculous.

No contradiction since MARVIN is a Big Part of the very Front Office I mentioned via his INFLUENCE.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 06:40 PM)depthchart Wrote: No contradiction since MARVIN is a Big Part of the very Front Office I mentioned via his INFLUENCE.

Except there is no proof anywhere that Marvin is the one who decides which free agents we can sign or how much we spend on free agency.

You just made up a theory in your head and in order to support it you made up some more stuff.

If Marvin controls the front office then why di we re-sign Chris Henry after Marvin said we would not?

You can't make a point by just making stuff up and claiming it is true.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 05:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not spin.  Both Klingler and Smith were higher rated prospects than Dalton.

Let me ask you which makes more sense.

1.  Mike Brown sucks at drafting for exactly 12 years and then becomes great at the exact same time that he hires Marvin as head coach.  Just an amazing coincidence.

2.  Marvin is better at coaching and using the draft picks to win games.

12 years without a single winning season and losing over two thirds of his games, then magically he becomes a good owner at the exact same time he hires Marvin Lewis as head coach winning over half of his games and making the playoffs 7 times in 15 years.

You have to go through some serious mental gymnastics to believe that is just some random coincidence.

We became better at drafting when Tobin was hired. Possibly our best draft ever was 2001, when we landed Justin Smith, Chad Johnson, Rudi Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Neither Klingler or Smith were good NFL QBs. Fer crying out loud!
Akili in particular had shit mechanics. He might have been a decent Slash option, nothing more.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote