Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals maybe better luck against Browns in Cincy
I had to turn Bengals at Steelers game off near halftime. They had no chance of winning. Dog had to have night time walk. Day before Christmas Eve, too many other things to do. No time to watch Steelers celebrate all 2nd half. The Chiefs game, I will be surprised if I'm not turning that one off early also, again with better things to do than watch Chiefs celebrate all 2nd half.

Now the Browns in Cincinnati THE JUNGLE after Holidays, could be a Bengals win. I don't care no play-offs, Beat Browns anyway.

I don't feel that bad after loss to Steelers. Probably because when Burrow was lost for rest of season, many said Bengals would not win another game. Bengals did indeed win 3 more games and stayed in play-off hunt up until Dec 23rd. Also Bengals went to Super Bowl and then AFC Championship 2 straight years, so we have had our day in the Sun and better luck next year.

No Burrow, No Chase, No Win. Browning has been playing good enough, but Steelers threw a zone defense that our pretty much rookie quarterback was confused by. Browning made some stupid mistakes and played like a rookie in his first games. Throwing the ball into a crowd of Steelers early in the game instead of taking the field goal next play is a stupid rookie mistake. So was standing at the line and not running a quick play before Steelers threw red flag on a questionable catch. Still, Bengals won 3 games with him, so he did better than expected.

Much to do, too little time to watch Steelers and maybe Chiefs celebrate all game. After the Holidays is this Browns at Cincinnati THE JUNGLE. Bengals could win and avoid the AFC NORTH SWEEP. 9 wins wouldn't be bad, all things considered. I know some say injuries are no excuse, but the fact is The Bengals had way too many key injuries in 2023. They were kind of healthy when they beat the 49ers and the Bills. It shows when their Super Bowl players were on the field, they were good, but their Super Bowl players were injured way too many games in 2023 from start to finish. So I really don't feel that bad, better luck next season and maybe we will see more of the players that beat 49ers and Bills in 2024.

As for Steelers, they better enjoy it now, because they aren't going to play-offs either. At 8-7, they would have to win out against a tough schedule and hope other teams lose and it ain't happening. Yesterday is as good as it gets for Steelers, no play-offs for them either. There is one team in AFC North that could make Super Bowl, and that is Baltimore. Steelers big day was yesterday, but it will be short lived. The Browns could be a play-off team, but forget about Super Bowl. Ravens with their Defense and their QB that there is no Defense for, are for real this year.

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 10:16 AM)kevin Wrote: I had to turn Bengals at Steelers game off near halftime. They had no chance of winning. Dog had to have night time walk.  Day before Christmas Eve, too many other things to do.  No time to watch Steelers celebrate all 2nd half.  The Chiefs game, I will be surprised if I'm not turning that one off early also, again with better things to do than watch Chiefs celebrate all 2nd half.  

Now the Browns in Cincinnati THE JUNGLE could be a Bengals win.  I don't care no play-offs, Beat Browns anyway.  

I don't feel that bad after loss to Steelers.  Probably because when Burrow was lost for rest of season, many said Bengals would not win another game.  Bengals did indeed win 3 more games and stayed in play-off hunt up until Dec 23rd.  Also Bengals went to Super Bowl and then AFC Championship 2 straight years, so we have had our day in the Sun and better luck next year.  

No Burrow, No Chase, No Win.  Browning has been playing good enough, but Steelers threw a zone defense that our pretty much rookie quarterback was confused by.  Browning made some stupid mistakes and played like a rookie in his first games. Throwing the ball into a crowd of Steelers early in the game instead of taking the field goal next play is a stupid rookie mistake.  Still, Bengals won 3 games with him, so he did better than expected.

Much to do, too little time.  After the Holidays is this Browns at Cincinnati THE JUNGLE.  Bengals could win and avoid the AFC NORTH SWEEP.   9 wins wouldn't be bad, all things considered.  I know some say injuries are no excuse, but the fact is The Bengals had way too many key injuries in 2023.  They were kind of healthy when they beat the 49ers and the Bills.  It shows when their Super Bowl players were on the field, they were good, but their Super Bowl players were injured way too many games in 2023 from start to finish. So I really don't feel that bad, better luck next season and maybe we will see more of the players that beat 49ers and Bills in 2024.

As for Steelers, they better enjoy it now, because they aren't going to play-offs either.  At 8-7, they would have to win out against a tough schedule and hope other teams lose and it ain't happening.  Yesterday is as good as it gets for Steelers, no play-offs for them either.

GO BENGALS

Tiger

No DJ Reader, no Cam Taylor Britt, no DJ Ivey.... injuries are just becoming too numerous in too many places.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 10:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No DJ Reader, no Cam Taylor Britt, no DJ Ivey.... injuries are just becoming too numerous in too many places.

Except the Steelers were missing both starting safeties, an CB, and LB, and their QB, etc. They had two practice squad players, just brought up, getting a majority of snaps.

It just wasn't their day. It was the Steelers last home game and their fans were loud and dominating. I don't even remember the cameras panning to any Bengals fans, which they usually do. 

At any rate, I find these kinds of losses much better to take than losing at the last second. And they can learn a lot from this loss.

I haven't given up hope. We needed 2 of 3. We just now have to win in KC. Huge task, because KC will be motivated, and equally difficult stadium and fan base. But they probably figure it will be an easy win after the Pittsburgh debacle and maybe the Bengals surprise them.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 10:50 AM)Nepa Wrote: Except the Steelers were missing both starting safeties, an CB, and LB, and their QB, etc. They had two practice squad players, just brought up, getting a majority of snaps.

It just wasn't their day. It was the Steelers last home game and their fans were loud and dominating. I don't even remember the cameras panning to any Bengals fans, which they usually do. 

At any rate, I find these kinds of losses much better to take than losing at the last second. And they can learn a lot from this loss.

I haven't given up hope. We needed 2 of 3. We just now have to win in KC. Huge task, because KC will be motivated, and equally difficult stadium and fan base. But they probably figure it will be an easy win after the Pittsburgh debacle and maybe the Bengals surprise them.

The practice squad players they brought up were veterans. But yeah, it was a bad game by the good guys, it happens. 
Reply/Quote
0-6 vs the AFCN would really suck.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2023, 11:02 AM)tBengal Wrote: 0-6 vs the AFCN would really suck.

1-5 is no great joy. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote