Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals might be dodging a bullet with the 49ers
They got banged up pretty badly against the Browns. CMC might possibly be out looks like he suffered an oblique injury and they might even be without Deebo. I don't wish injury on anyone but if they are out when the Bengals play them they have a greater chance at winning.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
They were also humiliated by losing to PJ Walker and probably looking for someone to take their frustration out on.

I'm worried this game will be similar to the Titans game from that perspective.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 07:53 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: They were also humiliated by losing to PJ Walker and probably looking for someone to take their frustration out on.

Well fortunately they can take their frustration out next week on the Vikings on MNF. That’s a buffer for us. Lol
Reply/Quote
They're going to run an MRI on deebo but the initial reports they say it's not a serious injury, I think he'll have a chance at playing the Bengals game in 2 weeks. CM dunno.

I think 49ers will be playing us tougher than they did the browns, doubt they like our division. If they were in this div though they wouldn't be as good lol. Winning in SF is a major league task, we have to play better to stand a chance.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 07:53 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: They were also humiliated by losing to PJ Walker and probably looking for someone to take their frustration out on.

The Browns exposed Purdy as being able to be rattled under pressure.  If the Bengals pass rush plays like they did yesterday, I say the Bengals will have at least a puncher's chance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I’ve been screaming about Brock Purdy. The guy is solid but he’s like a bunch of us on the golf course. Man that _________ round creeps in every now and then and it’s always a doozy. I watched him twice in Norman. I’ve seen him play a lot. He can manage a game magnificently but he just has a stinko game in him now and then.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I'm not going to sit here leading up to this game like 99% of Browns fans were leading up to their game with the 49ers...shaking in their boots saying they had no chance.

We have championship pedigree. We know if we want to win the whole thing we have to beat good teams. Bring them on.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
They're definitely the better team right now but we can beat them if we're firing on all cylinders.
Reply/Quote
If the Bash Borthers meet in the middle a couple of times, Purdy will fall apart.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 02:29 AM)Trademark Wrote: They got banged up pretty badly against the Browns. CMC might possibly be out looks like he suffered an oblique injury and they might even be without Deebo. I don't wish injury on anyone but if they are out when the Bengals play them they have a greater chance at winning.

May not matter as they'll bring an aggressiveness and attitude Cinci. has not seen and they better be ready to fight starting at the 15 minute mark of Q1.
Reply/Quote
Hate injuries but we still want to win games and Deebo and CMC out helps us win that game

We lost some we shouldn’t have lost so how bout winning some we shouldn’t really win?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
It honestly feels like at the top of the NFL this year, that even the best teams are beatable.

There's some we matchup with better than others, but they're all beatable.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:37 AM)Housh Wrote: Hate injuries but we still want to win games and Deebo and CMC out helps us win that game

We lost some we shouldn’t have lost so how bout winning some we shouldn’t really win?

49ers and Bills both look winnable. The Bills look a lot like us. Struggle at times. Good others.

That said, we have to win atleast 1 of these games. Going to SF is always a hard game.
Reply/Quote
The Browns were aided by a completly unwarranted PF call late in the 4th on their game winning drive. They were staring at 4th & 10 deep in own territory without it
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 12:20 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The Browns were aided by a completly unwarranted PF call late in the 4th on their game winning drive. They were staring at 4th & 10 deep in own territory without it

I would like to see refs be able to review these calls or have some kind of verification process upstairs to confirm it. If you would have said this right when it happened, I would have said "no way, that looks legit." It's a bang bang play and looks like he hits him in the head and neck area. However, when you slow it down, you see it's shoulder-to-shoulder/chest contact.

I don't fault the refs for throwing it because it looked legit but there needs to be some kind of verification process to confirm things like this. If the rules are going to highly technical, there needs to be a way to back up decisions. You're putting refs out there to fail.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 08:37 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Browns exposed Purdy as being able to be rattled under pressure.  If the Bengals pass rush plays like they did yesterday, I say the Bengals will have at least a puncher's chance.

Agreed, and the injuries to the 49ers make it even more possible along with us healing up over the bye and being able to 
prepare for that vaunted running game. I thought we did pretty good against Kenneth Walker yesterday, that dude is a stud.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 12:20 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The Browns were aided by a completly unwarranted PF call late in the 4th on their game winning drive. They were staring at 4th & 10 deep in own territory without it

True, there was a couple terrible calls in the Stains favor late.
Reply/Quote
It certainly helps to have the 9ers a little banged up after playing Cleveland.
It also helps that they will be coming off a short week because of playing on Monday night.
It also helps that we have a bye to rest up, get healthy, and prepare.

That said, we haven't moved the ball well against physical/good defenses this year on offense, and we've been inconsistent in terms of stopping opponents on defense.
Our best outings on defense have been at home.

It'll be a tall task to match up against a complete team like the 9ers that can dominate up front.
We have a lot of talent on our roster so hopefully Burrow (and everyone else) can bring their A games.

If we are playing our best football, we will definitely have a chance against anyone.
This will be a big test for the oline and dline.
Reply/Quote

PopcornPopcornPopcornPopcorn

The Bengals should poke the Bear(49ers)!!!!
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Waaaaaay more warranted than Reader's. The hit on the Brown's player was completely unnecessary, I agreed with it. Now the holding right after was a bad call.
Reply/Quote