Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals might be dodging a bullet with the 49ers
(10-16-2023, 02:21 PM)BengalYankee Wrote:

PopcornPopcornPopcornPopcorn

The Bengals should poke the Bear(49ers)!!!!

And the Stains end up beating the Bear (49ers)!!! lol

Jimmy Johnson don't know shit ha ha Hilarious
Reply/Quote
The 49ers sound optimistic on the injury front:

"One day after three of their most important players left their loss to the Cleveland Browns with various ailments, the San Francisco 49ers seemingly got some good news on the injury front.

On Monday afternoon, Niners coach Kyle Shanahan offered updates on injured receiver Deebo Samuel (shoulder), running back Christian McCaffrey (oblique/rib) and left tackle Trent Williams (right ankle). While the 49ers are awaiting additional imaging on McCaffrey, Shanahan sounded optimistic on all three situations.

Shanahan said Samuel and Williams would be "day-to-day" this week.

Shanahan indicated that Mason and Mitchell would both get opportunities if McCaffrey can't play against the Vikings. He also offered some optimism that McCaffrey could be available."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38674918/deebo-samuel-trent-williams-day-day-49ers-optimistic-christian-mccaffrey
Reply/Quote
Playing in SF is always tough. However, I think the Bengals will pull it off even if the 49ers are full strength.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Another thread “relieved” having to play a teams backups?

I mean…. Who thinks this is good news?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: Another thread “relieved” having to play a teams backups?

People be getting amnesia i swear.
Reply/Quote
Not really sure why we’re relieved we won’t have to play offensive starters when it’s the defense that’s going to be the problem.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 08:53 PM)Nepa Wrote: The 49ers sound optimistic on the injury front:

"One day after three of their most important players left their loss to the Cleveland Browns with various ailments, the San Francisco 49ers seemingly got some good news on the injury front.

On Monday afternoon, Niners coach Kyle Shanahan offered updates on injured receiver Deebo Samuel (shoulder), running back Christian McCaffrey (oblique/rib) and left tackle Trent Williams (right ankle). While the 49ers are awaiting additional imaging on McCaffrey, Shanahan sounded optimistic on all three situations.

Shanahan said Samuel and Williams would be "day-to-day" this week.

Shanahan indicated that Mason and Mitchell would both get opportunities if McCaffrey can't play against the Vikings. He also offered some optimism that McCaffrey could be available."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38674918/deebo-samuel-trent-williams-day-day-49ers-optimistic-christian-mccaffrey

RantRantRantRantPissedPissedPissedPissed
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: Another thread “relieved” having to play a teams backups?

There's that, plus we're supposed to be a top tier team. We'll need to beat the best to win the Super Bowl. Id prefer the W over any L, but I'd like to see how we match up against SF's best.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 02:15 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: There's that, plus we're supposed to be a top tier team. We'll need to beat the best to win the Super Bowl. Id prefer the W over any L, but I'd like to see how we match up against SF's best.

You are going to get your wish:

"San Francisco 49ers running back Christian McCaffrey avoided a long-term injury and has a chance to play Monday night against the Minnesota Vikings, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

McCaffrey, who suffered an oblique/rib injury in Sunday's loss to the Cleveland Browns, underwent an MRI on Monday.

San Francisco left tackle Trent Williams (right ankle) and wide receiver Deebo Samuel (shoulder) also have a chance to play in Monday's game, sources said." 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38682564/christian-mccaffrey-avoids-serious-injury-play-mnf

I don't think the Browns and Browns' fans were disappointed they didn't have to play the 49ers without those three in the lineup.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have yet to solve Shanahan's system. They've been beaten by versions of it with lesser talent. As long as Kittle is the primary target, we've got plenty of issues to deal with.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 09:40 PM)samhain Wrote: The Bengals have yet to solve Shanahan's system. They've been beaten by versions of it with lesser talent. As long as Kittle is the primary target, we've got plenty of issues to deal with.

Still think we should have won that last game though. I put that one squarely on Zac for taking the ball out of Joe’s hand in OT. He was cooking that day. Probably my “favorite” game from Burrow that wasn’t a win.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:07 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'm not going to sit here leading up to this game like 99% of Browns fans were leading up to their game with the 49ers...shaking in their boots saying they had no chance.

We have championship pedigree. We know if we want to win the whole thing we have to beat good teams. Bring them on.

The way we beat good teams is our defense.It’s always been the defense.They got us to the Super Bowl,and to the AFCCG last year.

This Offense might look good on paper,but they are way underperforming.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 09:40 PM)samhain Wrote: The Bengals have yet to solve Shanahan's system.  They've been beaten by versions of it with lesser talent.  As long as Kittle is the primary target, we've got plenty of issues to deal with.

All true, but Burrow played maybe one of his best games against that Defense as Peyton Manning shown and we could of easily won.

A lot of work to do, but thank God we have the bye week.

As others said, we shouldn't act like we are dodging a bullet because of the injuries but McCaffrey makes that whole team another animal.

He is that good when healthy and so is Deebo, even though, I think Ja'Marr is an even better version of the player.

Kittle is great, but I love our Safety in Daxton Hill and I think Jordan Battle and his instincts beat out Nick Scott who is an obvious weakness.

We have 2 great LB's in Pratt and Wilson. Our Corners are looking pretty damn good and we have a pass rush that could really frustrate Purdy.

There will be issues, we are on the road, in San Fran, play against Nick Bosa who is probably the best Defensive End in the NFL in my opinion 
but he is on the right side most likely and in Burrow's eye sight after him not seeing the Squawks LE come unblocked and sack him by Jonah
in the last game. He should learn from this as should Jonah and the entire Offense.

Should be a good game if we play great and we could win, but if we aren't much better on the Offensive side of the ball we could be blown 
out like the Cowboys were. We will see as usual. Not betting against this team until we truly fail and make sure we cannot play against the 
best teams. We seem to play worse early in the season and against the Stains specifically. The Stains are just as physical as the 49ers.

We need to get physical and we can. We have the players, literally we need the mind set and go into this one opposing our will on the 49ers.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:10 AM)treee Wrote: They're definitely the better team right now but we can beat them if we're firing on all cylinders.

Or stay hot for more than 2 drives

Our D has gotten better since week 1 and i think we have a chance if the D shows up and we get maybe 2 quarters of hot offense

This game ain’t gonna hit 50 points total….period

I’m
Honestly betting around 31 total points. I think this is a defensive game
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 10:25 PM)Housh Wrote: Or stay hot for more than 2 drives

Our D has gotten better since week 1 and i think we have a chance if the D shows up and we get maybe 2 quarters of hot offense

This game ain’t gonna hit 50 points total….period

I’m
Honestly betting around 31 total points. I think this is a defensive game

Need to gain a ton of consistency on not only Offense for sure and if it is a Defensive game I like our chances.
Reply/Quote
Both avoided serious injury and in fact could play Monday night vs Vikings.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38682564/christian-mccaffrey-avoids-serious-injury-play-mnf
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 10:43 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Both avoided serious injury and in fact could play Monday night vs Vikings.

Well, if we want to play with the big dogs we’ve gotta beat them at full strength. Looks like it may be game on. At least we’ll know where we stand after being matched up with some of the NFL’s best.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 09:01 PM)Nepa Wrote: You are going to get your wish:

"San Francisco 49ers running back Christian McCaffrey avoided a long-term injury and has a chance to play Monday night against the Minnesota Vikings, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

McCaffrey, who suffered an oblique/rib injury in Sunday's loss to the Cleveland Browns, underwent an MRI on Monday.

San Francisco left tackle Trent Williams (right ankle) and wide receiver Deebo Samuel (shoulder) also have a chance to play in Monday's game, sources said." 

I don't think the Browns and Browns' fans were disappointed they didn't have to play the 49ers without those three in the lineup.

Like I said, I'd rather take the W than any L, but we're meant to be one of the elite in this league. If we're going to win the Super Bowl, we'll have to beat the best teams. SF is definitely one of those. Bring them on, let's see who we are.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 08:37 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Browns exposed Purdy as being able to be rattled under pressure.  If the Bengals pass rush plays like they did yesterday, I say the Bengals will have at least a puncher's chance.

Agreed. Can't give him all the time in the world. He's not a great QB but when he settles in he's accurate. CMC took a lot of heat off him. With him out, their rush game is not to be feared and the blitzes will be on overdrive.

Reply/Quote