Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Bengals need to part ways with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins now'
(10-20-2020, 06:09 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I was against the Geno deal from day 1, though very few others were, at least in here.

Dunlap I thought there was some value left because he wasnt as old as Geno, but he just hasnt been himself this year.

If someone would bite on taking Geno's deal, reel them in asap. Dunlap I dont know just yet though.

I’m pretty sure I was saying it was time we move
On from Dunlap.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 06:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, if you can get something for either, I think you have to do it at this point.

At the same time though, I hate thinking about Geno not being a Bengal. 

I know, I can't imagine any of AJ, Geno, Carlos in another jersey. However it sure does seem like it's time to move on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 10:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I know, I can't imagine any of AJ, Geno, Carlos in another jersey. However it sure does seem like it's time to move on.

Saw Boomer in Jets and Cardinals and that was rough.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 10:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I know, I can't imagine any of AJ, Geno, Carlos in another jersey. However it sure does seem like it's time to move on.

(10-20-2020, 10:35 PM)Destro Wrote: Saw Boomer in Jets and Cardinals and that was rough.

Whit in a Rams jersey, Chad in a Pats jersey...

This is nothing new. Idk why I allowed myself to think maybe at least one of AJ or Geno might retire a Bengal, and go out on good terms.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 10:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Whit in a Rams jersey, Chad in a Pats jersey...

This is nothing new. Idk why I allowed myself to think maybe at least one of AJ or Geno might retire a Bengal, and go out on good terms.

I know

But I think part of it as well is seeing them leave without ever really seeing the level of success they deserved. And to be fair how many players in todays game stay on one team (that have long careers) their entire career ? I'm sure the % is low.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 10:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Whit in a Rams jersey, Chad in a Pats jersey...

I'd love to see Zac Taylor back in a Rams jersey... Or polo, or stupid ass neck gator that doesn't even keep your breath off of folks... Anywhere but here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 11:58 PM)jason Wrote: I'd love to see Zac Taylor back in a Rams jersey

:andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: 
Reply/Quote
I haven't read the thread, but my take on the Bengals situation with its players is as follows:

A. The front office drafted very poorly from 2015 onwards, including last season 2019. This sapped the team of needed quality replacements. Yes, there have been some quality picks, but there have been a number of key busts with high picks. The number of flops along the OL and DL were numerous.

B. This coaching staff is ineffective in getting quality production out of many of its players when compared to Marvin's staff. I don't believe they have any concept of designing around the talent you have. In fact, I believe this so thoroughly that I'll wager that Dalton ends up with more wins this season than Burrow, barring injuries to either, of course. This is not a slight against Burrow, but I ask, "what NFL coaching staff is capable to losing with Burrow?" Answer: Zac Taylor's staff.

Reply/Quote
I will really miss Geno, Dunlap and AJ whenever they are gone. Those are definitely 3 of my favorite players over the last decade. Atkins and Dunlap are definitely not making enough plays to help us much though. Neither one of them seem very happy playing under the new coaches and system either. Sadly it looks like the end of the road for them. I hate it, but thats life as a pro athlete. I wish they would just start playing better and finish out the year strong.

That being said, ZT needs to get this sht together and win some games. We have some great young talent, enough to win more games than we do despite being bad in the trenches. Blowing a 21 point lead is just about inexcusable. Atkins, Dunlap, AJ, whatever. If they can get more out of those guys they have to dig deep and do it. Whatever that takes. We have a good handful of winnable games left on the schedule, and Zac has got to figure out how to win some with the roster we have and get people believing. I know we are not "there" yet as a young team, but we are good enough that we should already have more wins than we do. And that crap against the Colts is losing the fans and players fast. Burrow seems frustrated as hell.
Reply/Quote
Atkins, a future HoFer who hasn't missed the Pro Bowl since 7 years ago, gets hurt for just the 2nd time in his 11 year career and has only been put in for 37 snaps in his 2 games back (still hurt). Why is everyone in such a hurry to shit on him?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 05:36 PM)J24 Wrote: Or why not play him? It's silly to a HOF player and not use him.

Geno is not a HoF player at this point. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 02:30 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Atkins, a future HoFer who hasn't missed the Pro Bowl since 7 years ago, gets hurt for just the 2nd time in his 11 year career and has only been put in for 37 snaps in his 2 games back (still hurt). Why is everyone in such a hurry to shit on him?

I love Geno, but I just want to get something for him. His best days are clearly behind him, and we aren’t using him anyway. At this rate by the time we “ease him back in” we’ll be past the trade deadline.

Even if he was playing well, he’s not going to be part of the young core we should be building around (Burrow, Jonah, Tee, Bates, etc). Might as well try and get some assets back for these older guys.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 02:31 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Geno is not a HoF player at this point. 

Just needs to get traded to KC and get a ring. That should help sure up the votes.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 02:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I love Geno, but I just want to get something for him. His best days are clearly behind him, and we aren’t using him anyway. At this rate by the time we “ease him back in” we’ll be past the trade deadline.

Even if he was playing well, he’s not going to be part of the young core we should be building around (Burrow, Jonah, Tee, Bates, etc). Might as well try and get some assets back for these older guys.

My problem with that is the same problem I had with trying to trade AJ Green before last week. You need them to put SOMETHING on tape in order to get an offer for them.

If you wanted to build around a new young core, last offseason should have been when you traded Atkins. Nobody is going to trade for a guy who is currently injured and only played a couple dozen snaps this year. 

AJ Green went and showed last week that he could still go out there and put up (almost) 100 yards. He is now possibly tradeable.

Fact is unless Atkins blows up the opposing OL next game (which is unlikely if he is going to continue to spend more time running on and off the field than actually being on it) then you're simply not going to find anyone who wants to trade for him. Let him rest, kick some ass in the second half of the season, and then if you still want to get rid of him... trade him in the offseason. When he's not at the lowest trade value in his career.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 03:07 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: My problem with that is the same problem I had with trying to trade AJ Green before last week. You need them to put SOMETHING on tape in order to get an offer for them.

If you wanted to build around a new young core, last offseason should have been when you traded Atkins. Nobody is going to trade for a guy who is currently injured and only played a couple dozen snaps this year. 

AJ Green went and showed last week that he could still go out there and put up (almost) 100 yards. He is now possibly tradeable.

Fact is unless Atkins blows up the opposing OL next game (which is unlikely if he is going to continue to spend more time running on and off the field than actually being on it) then you're simply not going to find anyone who wants to trade for him. Let him rest, kick some ass in the second half of the season, and then if you still want to get rid of him... trade him in the offseason. When he's not at the lowest trade value in his career.

Problem with the bold is I don’t think that is going to happen. He was not much of a factor for long stretches of games last season either. So I don’t think it’s just a matter of not being fully healthy.

With AJ you can at least point to all the time off and conclude there was probably some rust. But Geno’s numbers (as Holic provided) were pretty mediocre even going back to last year. I’m not sure his stock is going to get any higher. But if they want to wait until the offseason it’s not the end of the world. I do think offers might be better when teams are gearing up for a playoff run though. Just can’t have him being the 2nd highest paid on the team going forward.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 03:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Problem with the bold is I don’t think that is going to happen. He was not much of a factor for long stretches of games last season either. So I don’t think it’s just a matter of not being fully healthy.

With AJ you can at least point to all the time off and conclude there was probably some rust. But Geno’s numbers (as Holic provided) were pretty mediocre even going back to last year. I’m not sure his stock is going to get any higher. But if they want to wait until the offseason it’s not the end of the world. I do think offers might be better when teams are gearing up for a playoff run though. Just can’t have him being the 2nd highest paid on the team going forward.

Even if it's true that Atkins is just going to be mediocre from now on, mediocre and healthy is still a much higher value than mediocre and injured. Just don't think you're going to be able to trade a hurt player.

Isn't gearing up before the deadline for the playoffs more an MLB thing? It feels like the vast majority of the NFL deadline is just talk about what people could/should/might do with very little happening.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/10/30/trade-deadline-takeaways
Quote:Several big-name players were rumored to be dealt before Tuesday's trade deadline, but there was very little movement once it was all said and done.
Even after they moved the deadline back 2 weeks a few years ago.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 04:07 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Even if it's true that Atkins is just going to be mediocre from now on, mediocre and healthy is still a much higher value than mediocre and injured. Just don't think you're going to be able to trade a hurt player.

Isn't gearing up before the deadline for the playoffs more an MLB thing? It feels like the vast majority of the NFL deadline is just talk about what people could/should/might do with very little happening.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/10/30/trade-deadline-takeaways
Even after they moved the deadline back 2 weeks a few years ago.

Why are we assuming he’s not healthy anyway? Seems like wishful thinking. He might not be 100%, but this also might just be exactly who he is at this point.

And yeah trades don’t happen as much in the NFL as other sports in general, no matter what time of year it is. But they do happen. If Sanu was worth a 2nd round pick last year (even with his mediocre numbers) I’d have to think we could get something worthwhile for AJ, Geno, Dunlap, Ross, etc.

Reply/Quote
Suspend Dunlap for conduct detrimental to the team , put Atkins and Green on notice.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 04:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why are we assuming he’s not healthy anyway? Seems like wishful thinking. He might not be 100%, but this also might just be exactly who he is at this point.

And yeah trades don’t happen as much in the NFL as other sports in general, no matter what time of year it is. But they do happen. If Sanu was worth a 2nd round pick last year (even with his mediocre numbers) I’d have to think we could get something worthwhile for AJ, Geno, Dunlap, Ross, etc.

We aren't assuming. The guy missed the first 4 games with a shoulder injury and he has yet to be a full participant in practice all year with said shoulder injury.

Atkins keeps showing up limited on the injury report because he is injured. No assumptions. Black and white print.

Reply/Quote
I mean, why would Geno be “miffed” about his reduced role if it was clearly just a case of him not being healthy enough to play more? He obviously feels like he is, and that it’s ZT phasing him out (unjustly).

Reply/Quote