Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals need to suit up more than 2 RB's
They got by with it last Sunday barely. When Walton went out on concussion protocol and Bernard limping, it didn't look good. Cut back some place else, but suit up at least 3 RB's from now on. Some will say we had Erickson. That is leaving team pretty weak at RB.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Except that it's exceedingly rare that both rbs would go down in the  same game. It would mean having to leave another position vulnerable. You gotta take your chances, but come the Miami game we'll be back to the full compliment assuming Walton's good to go with the concusion.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As I say, cut back some place else. Never just suit up only 2 RB's. If one gets injured, you are in a bind. Paul Brown would never go into a game with just 2 Running backs. Cut back at some other position. If they only have 2 RB's, that means they are over loaded at a position.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 05:22 AM)kevin Wrote: As I say, cut back some place else. Never just suit up only 2 RB's.  If one gets injured, you are in a bind.  Paul Brown would never go into a game with just 2 Running backs. Cut back at some other position. If they only have 2 RB's, that means they are over loaded at a position.

The game today is nowhere near the game played when Paul Brown was coaching. We can get by with 2 dressed running backs. We can throw Erickson or Hubbard back there, or I bet even Fej would love a shot at it in an emergency.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 11:07 PM)kevin Wrote: They got by with it last Sunday barely.  When Walton went out on concussion protocol and Bernard limping, it didn't look good.  Cut back some place else, but suit up at least 3 RB's from now on.  Some will say we had Erickson. That is leaving team pretty weak at RB.

They may not have had much of a choice.  The newly acquired Rawls likely doesn't know the full playbook and blocking responsibilities like Erickson does.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We get Mixon back this week, do we not?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 08:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The game today is nowhere near the game played when Paul Brown was coaching. We can get by with 2 dressed running backs. We can throw Erickson or Hubbard back there, or I bet even Fej would love a shot at it in an emergency.
Actually Vigil played RB at Utah St...

To the post, I don't think we had much choice. We should get Mixon back this week, so we will have 3.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 12:23 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Actually Vigil played RB at Utah St...

To the post, I don't think we had much choice. We should get Mixon back this week, so we will have 3.

Mixon still hasn't been cleared for Miami.  But where the hell is Rawls?

Also, Brandon Wilson can play some RB too.

And yes, going into a game with 2 RB 's is a recipe for disaster.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
So was 2 RB's only because Mixon was hurt or was it because the defense is so leaky? In other words - what position had the extra guy?
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 01:36 PM)BengalD Wrote: So was 2 RB's only because Mixon was hurt or was it because the defense is so leaky?  In other words  - what position had the extra guy?

Well, if the extra guy was on the defense, it did not work.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 08:25 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: We get Mixon back this week, do we not?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 12:23 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Actually Vigil played RB at Utah St...

I could see Fej being able to pound the rock if he absolutely had to. He looked pretty slick running the ball in preseason. Stick Hubbard out there for the lead block and really confuse their DC lol.
Reply/Quote