Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals new coach will turn team around
I really think he can take your team deep into the playoffs next year. He helped turn the Rams into a contender and he will do the same with you guys. Honestly I'm happy we don't play you guys twice a year. You have our number. I hope the Bengals have a great year next year.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 12:44 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I really think he can take your team deep into the playoffs next year. He helped turn the Rams into a contender and he will do the same with you guys. Honestly I'm happy we don't play you guys twice a year. You have our number. I hope the Bengals have a great year next year.

I agree. I don't think we're that far off. With a new conditioning coaching staff, linebacker and o-line help from the draft and we'll be right back in it. The injuries have been atrocious for some time now. I think Zac has identified that as a problem with a total revamp of the group. We have to obviously solidify the defense and revitalize the offense with the new coaches. It's going to be a fun year.
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
Many are positive he can change things here. A lot remains to be seen but love the encouraging post. Once we hit FA and the Draft we still won't know but will have an idea on Zac's direction. Season cannot get here fast enough for me. I also believe he may be able to get more out of some of the guys the previous regime was unable to achieve.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 01:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Many are positive he can change things here. A lot remains to be seen but love the encouraging post. Once we hit FA and the Draft we still won't know but will have an idea on Zac's direction. Season cannot get here fast enough for me. I also believe he may be able to get more out of some of the guys the previous regime was unable to achieve.

Me to,

I believe one of Marvin's bigger failures was his inability to utilize players abilities, to understand how they "fit" and how to adapt the scheme around them.

I'm hoping ZT and Co, are much better at this, time will tell.

Thanks PackerBacker
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 12:44 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I really think he can take your team deep into the playoffs next year. He helped turn the Rams into a contender and he will do the same with you guys. Honestly I'm happy we don't play you guys twice a year. You have our number. I hope the Bengals have a great year next year.

Thank you for the words of encouragement PB. It's good to get an outside perspective that's not from the media dweebs, who hate us anyways.

As a long time Bengals fan, and one who remembers Paul Brown, and even Vince Lombardi, I tend to get stuck in the muck that is Mike Brown, which always tempers my hope for a successful playoff run.

Wish you guys the best of years!

Reply/Quote
I hope you guys get back to the 2013 Team.
Reply/Quote
You're just fishing for some love on your own new coaching situation ;P

Hopefully both of our new guys end up turning these stale franchises around.

A few folks around here wanted McCarthy when we heard you let him go....
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 09:39 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You're just fishing for some love on your own new coaching situation ;P

Hopefully both of our new guys end up turning these stale franchises around.

A few folks around here wanted McCarthy when we heard you let him go....

Nope not at all. I just don't know if we will ever make the playoffs again with Rodgers.
Reply/Quote
Love the positivity and hope Zac see success early!
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote

I appreciate your optimism, but it really is up to Mike Brown on how far this team can go.  There are severe holes at the OL and LB positions and without help from upper management, I believe these are unrealistic expectations for Taylor to save this team.

Don't get me wrong, I love our skill players, but without significant improvement in the above stated positions, other teams are going to continue to exploit the weaknesses of this team.  Additionally, not signing Tyler Eifert will definitely make this team worse.  If that guy ends up on a team who can use him in space and doesn't throw the high balls to him where he gets blasted everytime he catches it, watch out.  I think he'd be amazing on a team like the Patriots.

Without a very solid draft and an aggressive free agency period, I wouldn't expect Taylor to work miracles.  Every year we hope or expect things to be different.  Will this be that year? 

We'll know soon enough.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
We really need another stud WR and one, if not two, solid OL. We also need a couple LBs too. This draft and FA is pivotal to our success in the fall. Perhaps they can do a few things with Ross?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Well, your team hired the other Sean McVay prodigy. The guy I actually wanted us to hire last year.

Should be interesting to see how they both turn out.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

It’s going to take a bit more than just new coaching to pull that off. I hope you are right but It is really difficult to envision that result at the moment.
Reply/Quote
Thank you, I'm just glad we don't have a Diva QB that has become of Rodgers. When the QB sends your Coach packing, it is concerning. Both teams will have new coaches, it will be interesting to see what direction both teams will take.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 10:54 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Thank you, I'm just glad we don't have a Diva QB that has become of Rodgers. When the QB sends your Coach packing, it is concerning. Both teams will have new coaches, it will be interesting to see what direction both teams will take.

I don't think Rodgers had anything to do with it. He was sad to see McCarthy go.
Reply/Quote

I think so too, atleast we will be better. We will see how fast it happens but my expectations are high. Still think coaching has been the biggest reason why we lost in the Playoffs so much under Marv. With a new HC atleast now we will have a chance, 0-7 in the Playoffs under Marv speaks for itself. I like how Zac has been doing things adding coaches he is comfortable with and it sounds like his greatest strength is communication, great thing to have in your HC.
Reply/Quote
A first year coach taking us to the playoffs year one. lol
Reply/Quote