Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals not interested in signing Warford
https://youtu.be/PSbNmFs5jvU
Reply/Quote
Kind of a misleading headline/article.

In the opinion of a journalist, with no claim that anyone associated with the team stated or took that position.

Unless I missed it in the clip (which I did not watch all of).

I hate it when sites take the opinion of journos and present that as fact.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2020, 03:10 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Kind of a misleading headline/article.

In the opinion of a journalist, with no claim that anyone associated with the team stated or took that position.

Unless I missed it in the clip (which I did not watch all of).

I hate it when sites take the opinion of journos and present that as fact.

They got their info from Bengals team reporter Marisa Contipelli; so they do have a claim from someone associated with the team. The clip is from an interview they did with her. 
Reply/Quote
They may be content, but the Bengals have always been private and any buzz on a player drives up the price.

The other thing is, maybe he said no thanks and so the Bengals say no interest.

I'd rather have Peters anyhow.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well that's a shame.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2020, 06:27 AM)Weazzel80 Wrote: They got their info from Bengals team reporter Marisa Contipelli; so they do have a claim from someone associated with the team. The clip is from an interview they did with her. 

I watched the interview.. she stated "She had not heard that".. which is different from "The Team has Reported".. it is her opinion as a team reporter.. not official statement from the team or coach etc.. but i believe Dave Lapham actually works for the Bengals officially as their broadcaster.. so he also would be source on the other side.  In the end, on either side we have no real information from the Bengal organization but the longer it goes, the more likely the Bengals are not interested
Reply/Quote
The big question for me is why NO team seems interested in signing Warford.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2020, 11:39 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I watched the interview.. she stated "She had not heard that".. which is different from "The Team has Reported".. it is her opinion as a team reporter.. not official statement from the team or coach etc.. but i believe Dave Lapham actually works for the Bengals officially as their broadcaster.. so he also would be source on the other side.  In the end, on either side we have no real information from the Bengal organization but the longer it goes, the more likely the Bengals are not interested

Marisa Contipelli works for the Bengals too. Actually Lapham's comment was also that he "wouldn't be surprised" if they had talked about him, which also means very little because most teams at least have a conversation about any player of Warford's calibre. He also wasn't reporting anything he heard from a source (though you never know when somebody was told something off the record). So I'm with the crowd saying that neither of these reports mean much. 
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2020, 12:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The big question for me is why NO team seems interested in signing Warford.

Yeah but I don't think that means much. There are other good players out there who haven't signed yet. The market always moves slowly after the draft, and knowing that many free agents bide their time waiting to see what injuries might change their market. For instance, Philly just lost their RG recently ... Warford would be kicking himself if he'd signed a deal before that happened. So both sides slow play until training camp. 

Plus he had a minor injury late last year and coronavirus makes physicals difficult. While that didn't hamper the first phase of free agency, those were stud players teams were willing to gamble on a bit more. 
Reply/Quote
I don't know if we'll sign Warford or not, and i'm not even sure whether we should, but keep in mind we have 6 rosters spots left, which is way more than we usually have this time of year (typically 1 or 2), and is way more than most other NFL teams have (yes I actually looked; most are full or have 2-3 spots open). So we're going to be adding players in the next month or so, and I don't think it'll just be waiver claims. You won't get anybody decent on waivers until cut down day, after TC. So I do believe there will be veteran additions.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2020, 12:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The big question for me is why NO team seems interested in signing Warford.

For me there's a pretty easy answer.  Until teams can bring him in, on-site, and give him a proper workout and physical he's going to sit.

He's coming off an injury and has had weight issues in the past.  An offseason like this, where facilities are shut down and players went months without access to proper equipment, is only going to cause more reason for concern regarding his health and conditioning. 

Unless he comes way off his asking price then I can't see anyone investing in him until they can actually see him in person.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2020, 01:24 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: For me there's a pretty easy answer.  Until teams can bring him in, on-site, and give him a proper workout and physical he's going to sit.

He's coming off an injury and has had weight issues in the past.  An offseason like this, where facilities are shut down and players went months without access to proper equipment, is only going to cause more reason for concern regarding his health and conditioning. 

Unless he comes way off his asking price then I can't see anyone investing in him until they can actually see him in person.

What Wes said, we aren't bringing in some guy that has had weight issues in the past without a workout.

Like Shouldamapads said, would like Jason Peters better anyways and he said he would be willing to play RT.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2020, 01:24 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: For me there's a pretty easy answer.  Until teams can bring him in, on-site, and give him a proper workout and physical he's going to sit.

Rep.

Good point.  I knew teams could not bring in free agents, but I did not know that they could not even send a doctor to examin a player.
Reply/Quote
The opinion stated by Marisa Contipelli is one that she makes it seem like she feels the Bengals have already addressed the OL, and are comfortable going forward with what they have.

I get that many fans wanted to see a big name, "Marquis" type of signing on the OL, and that did not happen. I don't see this as any cause for alarm. The route they chose, was one of adding quality experience, with skill sets that fit into their blocking scheme. They added Fred Johnson, who got his feet wet last year, added a couple of FA Guards that fit the scheme, drafted and signed UDFAs that are high quality players and individuals. Not to mention, they are preparing to unveil our new franchise LT, from last year's draft.

I'm not saying that Warford wouldn't make the team better in the trenches, I'm just saying that the team appears to have already addressed the OL with a specific direction in mind.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2020, 06:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The opinion stated by Marisa Contipelli is one that she makes it seem like she feels the Bengals have already addressed the OL, and are comfortable going forward with what they have.

I get that many fans wanted to see a big name, "Marquis" type of signing on the OL, and that did not happen.  I don't see this as any cause for alarm.  The route they chose, was one of adding quality experience, with skill sets that fit into their blocking scheme.  They added Fred Johnson, who got his feet wet last year, added a couple of FA Guards that fit the scheme, drafted and signed UDFAs that are high quality players and individuals.  Not to mention, they are preparing to unveil our new franchise LT, from last year's draft.

I'm not saying that Warford wouldn't make the team better in the trenches,

hopefully not south! Cool

Reply/Quote