Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals not mathematically eliminated
We still have a shot at the #1 overall pick.

Not likely because the Browns would have to finish 4-0, but

[Image: dc2fd6da2c741a3b2f6ae5fcf700e06fafe43267...fb25c6.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Time to start scouting for injured cornerbacks.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I know a lot of people will be scoffing and stuff, but honestly if at all possible time to restructure everything. I would trade AJ Green, and start from there. We need to start rethinking offense line, and start building a defense that now has become old and slow.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 02:32 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I know a lot of people will be scoffing and stuff, but honestly if at all possible time to restructure everything.  I would trade AJ Green, and start from there.  We need to start rethinking offense line, and start building a defense that now has become old and slow.

Well this right here is stupid Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 02:32 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I know a lot of people will be scoffing and stuff, but honestly if at all possible time to restructure everything.  I would trade AJ Green, and start from there.  We need to start rethinking offense line, and start building a defense that now has become old and slow.

I would trade everyone EXCEPT Green. Green is the best most humble selfless player on the team. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 02:35 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I would trade everyone EXCEPT Green. Green is the best most humble selfless player on the team. 

I'd hate to lose green...but he's going to be 29 next season.

I think that IF the Bengals decide to rebuild and deem that it will take a few years...that trading him for multiple picks could be an option. I'd only do that IF it were deemed that we can't compete for a few years.

I doubt that's the case though.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 02:35 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I would trade everyone EXCEPT Green. Green is the best most humble selfless player on the team. 

This x 10.

Trade AJMC, Dennard, Jeremy Hill, etc.

Jeremy Hill for a 4th rounder, get a RB in draft.
AJMC = 2nd rounder
Dennard = Josh Shaw/WJ3
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote

If you did this you'd might as well trade Andy Dalton too.

He would be straight up pissed...  and I wouldn't blame him!!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Thank goodness you have no power in decision making. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 02:44 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If you did this you'd might as well trade Andy Dalton too.

He would be straight up pissed...  and I wouldn't blame him!!

Andy would be a better QB in time without AJ Green.  
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 02:34 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Well this right here is stupid Mellow

I would trade him in a no time flat.  We would be better all around, with what we could get for him offensively and defensively.  Not popular to say I understand, but I would be putting him up on the trading block.  
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 03:39 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Andy would be a better QB in time without AJ Green.  

I remember when people said this before the Colts playoff game.  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 03:40 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I would trade him in a no time flat.  We would be better all around, with what we could get for him offensively and defensively.  Not popular to say I understand, but I would be putting him up on the trading block.  

Even first round draft picks are a gamble.

We could trade him and end up with nothing.

You have no idea if we would be better without him.
Reply/Quote
Sure, I'd trade AJ Green. For some team's next 3 firsts and seconds, plus all 3rds and 4ths over the next 7 years on the condition that he plays on his usual level for the next 3 seasons. Also I'd want their best 4 young non quarterback players, lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 04:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even first round draft picks are a gamble.

We could trade him and end up with nothing.

You have no idea if we would be better without him.

I would trade him on the fact that we would get a nice return at this point and time.  Honestly he has 2-3 years left tops before he starts showing age.  The guy is 28 the time to trade honestly is now, he is becoming of age.  We could get some solid picks and perhaps improve our offense and defense at the same time.  I would rather have a nice rounded start to the next era of Bengal Football than to hold onto an aging superstar that has not and will not provide us a SB with the team we have surrounding him. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 03:44 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I remember when people said this before the Colts playoff game.  Mellow

Like most things, people, want to write off new guys, or conditions.  I honestly believe Andy would be well suited to find other targets to rely on once those other players were conditioned and given time to grow a rapport with Andy.   

However, to be Honest it has been 6 Years, the Andy and AJ Green Train is leaving, so I am saying that we need to move on from both.  However my main interest right now would to be Trade AJ while we can get the most bang for the buck.  
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 06:03 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I would trade him on the fact that we would get a nice return at this point and time.  Honestly he has 2-3 years left tops before he starts showing age.  The guy is 28 the time to trade honestly is now, he is becoming of age.  We could get some solid picks and perhaps improve our offense and defense at the same time.  I would rather have a nice rounded start to the next era of Bengal Football than to hold onto an aging superstar that has not and will not provide us a SB with the team we have surrounding him. 

You obviously do not realize how many draft picks flop even in the high rounds.

Green is the elite type of receiver that can change an entire passing game.  When you find one of those guys you keep him.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You obviously do not realize how many draft picks flop even in the high rounds.

Green is the elite type of receiver that can change an entire passing game.  When you find one of those guys you keep him.

I know the draft has many flops, I am Bengals fan.  We don't necessary trade on the basis of Drafting but uncommon as it is player for players or trade player for player and picks.  I would definitely be looking at some players from Cleveland right now Cameron, Nassib,
(Emmanuel Ogbah) and since they are getting first rounders I am going to assume I would get a first round pick from them as well, and I would call it a day on AJ.  For example. 
Reply/Quote

sad but true. AJ also deserves better than another futile re-building effort
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 06:27 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I know the draft has many flops, I am Bengals fan.  We don't necessary trade on the basis of Drafting but uncommon as it is player for players or trade player for player and picks.  I would definitely be looking at some players from Cleveland right now Cameron,  Nassib,
(Emmanuel Ogbah)  and since they are getting first rounders I am going to assume I would get a first round pick from them as well, and I would call it a day on AJ.  For example. 

You're not totally off-center Marlon. If we were seriously going to attempt a rebuild, then trading Green would make sense. I personally don't want that to happen and think we can successfully build our roster without losing the best WR in the league, but I understand where you're coming from.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote