Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals off season is actually better than you guys think...
Its actually been pretty positive. Instead of the Bengals getting their balls beat in by the Steelers for the next decade, theyre going to be getting their balls beat in by the Browns. Thats better IMO.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 10:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Its actually been pretty positive. Instead of the Bengals getting their balls beat in by the Steelers for the next decade, theyre going to be getting their balls beat in by the Browns. Thats better IMO.

What makes you think it won’t be the Browns AND the Steelers?

We’ll have to just settle for beating the Ravens once in awhile.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Can we start a whole new forum just for these "creative whining" threads. Maybe have a contest t see which is best?

I know there are a lot of guys out there that have been working really hard at it.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 10:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What makes you think it won’t be the Browns AND the Steelers?

We’ll have to just settle for beating the Ravens once in awhile.

Unless Merv was incorrect (LOL, I know) and Lamar CAN actually run forever. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 10:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Can we start a whole new forum just for these "creative whining" threads.  Maybe have a contest t see which is best?

I know there are a lot of guys out there that have been working really hard at it.

That's a great idea. That forum would be 100% more entertaining than Jungle Noise. I wouldn't have to spend time sifting through the "resign Bobby Hart" and "resign Preston Brown" threads in order to get to them. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
The Bengals feel they've attacked their weak spots in Free Agency.

(they just want us to ignore it was with the same players that made the spots weak to begin with).

They deserve the beatdowns they'll get in the AFCN next season.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 10:59 AM)jj22 Wrote: The Bengals feel they've attacked their weak spots in Free Agency.

(they just want us to ignore it was with the same players that made the spots weak to begin with).

They deserve the beatdowns they'll get in the AFCN next offseason.

Didn't you realize we will upgrade in the draft? Yeah...we're the only team in the league that upgrades in the draft apparently.
Reply/Quote
yes, at this point we'll need all 5 of those 6 rounders' to produce!

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 11:06 AM)jj22 Wrote: yes, at this point we'll need all 5 of those 6 rounders' to produce!

We both know that a lot of people on here will think that's going to happen. We'll get some 7th Round WR that catches some passes in the preseason that people think will be starting Game 1!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 10:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Its actually been pretty positive. Instead of the Bengals getting their balls beat in by the Steelers for the next decade, theyre going to be getting their balls beat in by the Browns. Thats better IMO.

I see. You are one of those "the glass is a quarter full" guys instead of a "the glass is 3 quarters empty" guys.

Reply/Quote
Since not a single snap has yet to be played in the 2019 season I'm going to reserve judgement on who they signed for now. It's not AS IF they signed Johnny Manziel and cut Andy yet.. 
The claim that they see something in whatsisface...uhmmmm..Hart at RT seems dubious at best, but then I don't make a living at this stuff. It's not like he's 38 years old. At a mere 25 he's got some time to get better. We'll see.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 11:13 AM)grampahol Wrote: Since not a single snap has yet to be played in the 2019 season I'm going to reserve judgement on who they signed for now. It's not AS IF they signed Johnny Manziel and cut Andy yet.. 
The claim that they see something in whatsisface...uhmmmm..Hart at RT seems dubious at best, but then I don't make a living at this stuff. It's not like he's 38 years old. At a mere 25 he's got some time to get better. We'll see.. 

Logic would dictate that bringing back the same players from a poor team isn't a good way to improve it.
Reply/Quote
The big issue is the philosophical one.

What other team prioritizes keeping together a team that went 6-9-1,7-9,and 6-10 the last 3 years (none)? That's what needs to be highlighted and explained by ZT or our FO.

I can see if this was a championship caliber team, or even why we did it from 2011-2015. But now it seems as though they've taken keeping the team together to the extreme.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 11:25 AM)jj22 Wrote: The big issue is the philosophical one.

What other team prioritizes keeping together a team that went 6-9-1,7-9,and 6-10 the last 3 years (none)? That's what needs to be highlighted and explained by ZT or our FO.

I can see if this was a championship caliber team, or even why we did it from 2011-2015. But now it seems as though they've taken keeping the team together to the extreme.

Indeed. And we're all assuming that the Bengals want to win a SB as bad as we want them to win.

They appear to be ran like a business, with winning a secondary objective...IF it fits in with Goal 1.

The small scouting staff impacts free agency as scouts work in that area. I've posted the article about scouts responsibilities...and free agency and evaluating a current roster are on the list.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 11:13 AM)grampahol Wrote: Since not a single snap has yet to be played in the 2019 season I'm going to reserve judgement on who they signed for now. It's not AS IF they signed Johnny Manziel and cut Andy yet.. 

Even if they cut Andy and signed Johnny Fartball you can't complain UNTIL the season starts, because you can't prove Johnny Fartball won win a SB here.  And even then, it's just his first year in a new system so you can't judge him yet.  Basically, if the Bengals cut Dalton to sign Johnny Fartball you wouldn't be allowed to complain about it until 3-5 years have passed.
Reply/Quote

:andy:

And FA just started. No draft yet, no preseason, etc. I get the pessimism around certain decisions( I feel it myself to), but I'm still holding out hope. Plenty of time to see the finished product. But I think it's understandable to have a good chunk of fans lining up with pitchforks with every decision made. Fact is, they've earned that tarnished reputation between them and the fans. And it's not the fans fault, either. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 11:33 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: :andy:

And FA just started. No draft yet, no preseason, etc. I get the pessimism around certain decisions( I feel it myself to), but I'm still holding out hope. Plenty of time to see the finished product. But I think it's understandable to have a good chunk of fans lining up with pitchforks with every decision made. Fact is, they've earned that tarnished reputation between them and the fans. And it's not the fans fault, either. 

EVERY team drafts. And we have the smallest scouting staff in the NFL. The draft is hardly some exclusive area we use to improve our team.

Fanbases of every team feel that they got better after a draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 10:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Can we start a whole new forum just for these "creative whining" threads.  Maybe have a contest t see which is best?

You don't have to post in every one of them.
Every time you post complaining in one, you piss posters off and you just move the thread back to the top.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 10:31 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That's a great idea. That forum would be 100% more entertaining than Jungle Noise. I wouldn't have to spend time sifting through the "resign Bobby Hart" and "resign Preston Brown" threads in order to get to them. 

Right, because both of those threads *totally* existed.  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 11:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: EVERY team drafts. And we have the smallest scouting staff in the NFL. The draft is hardly some exclusive area we use to improve our team.

Fanbases of every team feel that they got better after a draft.

I believe we've semi beat the dead horse of scouting departments before, right? There's little to no correlation between the bengals small staff and the Browns (and other teams) massive scouting staff. They've sucked at finding their QB for how long while having so many scouts? 

I am on-board with critiquing each signing and decision making in a vacuum, but it is still important to make sure we let this play out as well. Especially with a new staff. I'm willing to be more patient for the end result than I have been before, even if this kinda stinks as business as usual for the Bengals at THIS moment. But again, it's still very early in the FA process. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote