Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals off season is actually better than you guys think...
Cleveland could very well still be Cleveland and not put it together. (Cursed franchise like us and inexperienced coaching staff.)
Pittsburgh appears to be in shambles for once.
Baltimore got weaker. Lamar.

There is a positive post

Reply/Quote
Harts contract was only $16.15 million instead of the $21 million that was originally reported.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 11:25 AM)jj22 Wrote: The big issue is the philosophical one.

What other team prioritizes keeping together a team that went 6-9-1,7-9,and 6-10 the last 3 years (none)? That's what needs to be highlighted and explained by ZT or our FO.

I can see if this was a championship caliber team, or even why we did it from 2011-2015. But now it seems as though they've taken keeping the team together to the extreme.

Why do they have to explain anything to you or anyone else? 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 11:01 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Didn't you realize we will upgrade in the draft? Yeah...we're the only team in the league that upgrades in the draft apparently.

Yeah, because spending ridiculous amounts of money on FAs can guarantee success... Ask Minnesota and Cousins how that worked out last year...
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 12:53 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Cleveland could very well still be Cleveland and not put it together. (Cursed franchise like us and inexperienced coaching staff.)
Pittsburgh appears to be in shambles for once.
Baltimore got weaker. Lamar.

There is a positive post

I mean really, what isn't there to be excited about as a Bengals fan. Im already ordering season tickets, before everyone else beats me to it.

WhoDey!
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lol. The Browns have overreached § over reacted this offseason. They shoulda stuck with Williams as their coach and OBJ is gonna clash with Mayfield. Browns gonna Brown. Plus they traded away Peppers.

Bengals sweep!!
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 01:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Yeah, because spending ridiculous amounts of money on FAs can guarantee success... Ask Minnesota and Cousins how that worked out last year...

There it is...the notion that EVERY free agent demands insane contracts.

Once again, I don't advocate doing insane contracts. There will be value free agents signed and we should sign 2-3 of those guys.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 12:05 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I believe we've semi beat the dead horse of scouting departments before, right? There's little to no correlation between the bengals small staff and the Browns (and other teams) massive scouting staff. They've sucked at finding their QB for how long while having so many scouts? 

I am on-board with critiquing each signing and decision making in a vacuum, but it is still important to make sure we let this play out as well. Especially with a new staff. I'm willing to be more patient for the end result than I have been before, even if this kinda stinks as business as usual for the Bengals at THIS moment. But again, it's still very early in the FA process. 

There it goes again...compare the Bengals to the worst of the worst.

How about the Steelers who have 19 Plater Personnel employees? Or the Ravens who have over 30? Or the Patriots?

Do any of those teams have single-digit numbers?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 01:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There it is...the notion that EVERY free agent demands insane contracts.

Once again, I don't advocate doing insane contracts. There will be value free agents signed and we should sign 2-3 of those guys.

Then why have you spent the last 2 days making dozens of posts about how hopeless the Bengals are?  All you have done is repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over again how we have the same front office and the same team so absolutely nothing will change.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 01:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There it goes again...compare the Bengals to the worst of the worst.

How about the Steelers who have 19 Plater Personnel employees? Or the Ravens who have over 30? Or the Patriots?

Do any of those teams have single-digit numbers?

Good for them. I'm sure having Elite QB's didn't hurt either, right? 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 02:00 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Good for them. I'm sure having Elite QB's didn't hurt either, right? 

You mean, their scouts finding elite QB's?

Tom Brady was a 6th Round pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 01:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then why have you spent the last 2 days making dozens of posts about how hopeless the Bengals are?  All you have done is repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over again how we have the same front office and the same team so absolutely nothing will change.

Hes probably looking at the last 30 years of ineptitude and making his judgement based off of that. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 12:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Harts contract was only $16.15 million instead of the $21 million that was originally reported.

Also, they can cut Hart after one year for 7 million and 2 million in dead cap or save some and cut after 2 years (which is more likely).  I think they will draft one OT this year and one next for his replacement.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 02:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You mean, their scouts finding elite QB's?

Why didn't he go in the first if he was a GOAT like I'm sure they knew? 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 02:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Hes probably looking at the last 30 years of ineptitude and making his judgement based off of that. 

I think it's much harder for people to see a team that hasn't won a single playoff game in 27+ years in a league where every other team has won atleast 1 and defend them. This board has A LOT of people from that group though.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 02:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You mean, their scouts finding elite QB's?

That was pure luck, nothing else. If you honestly think the Patriots saw anything more than a backup in him, I have a bridge to sell you.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 02:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Hes probably looking at the last 30 years of ineptitude and making his judgement based off of that. 

Except they have not been inept for 30 straight years.

In fact I believe you were one of the ones who claimed the front office gave Marvin Lewis a lot of talent to work with.  Isn't that correct?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 02:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think it's much harder for people to see a team that hasn't won a single playoff game in 27+ years in a league where every other team has won atleast 1 and defend them. This board has A LOT of people from that group though.

Funny thing is that the people who based all of their judgment about the Bengals in the past were wrong for many years in a row when they claimed we could not make the playoffs.

They all want to erase their memories of the times they were wrong and try to act like they have been correct every year because the Bengals were inept losers every year.  And that just is not true.

Don't you realize how stupid it sounds to say "I am sure the Bengals are going to suck this year, but if they had won a playoff game in '05 or '15 I would not think that at all." 
Reply/Quote