Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals off season "surprise" player per SI
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34136555/surprise-offseason-standouts-all-32-nfl-teams-radar-players-know-minicamp-workouts

Cincinnati Bengals

WR Kwamie Lassiter II

The rookie undrafted free agent had an impressive offseason. The wide receiver even earned some first-team reps on offense. If Lassiter can work his way into the special teams rotation, he might have a shot at making the 53-man roster. -- Ben Baby
Reply/Quote
I'll be rooting for all of them.. Kind of like Wells at LB, but it's kind of crowded there these days, something I never thought I'd ever say..
Kwamie.. What a name to grow up with..That beats even my nickname, Marty Farty growing up..   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 10:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34136555/surprise-offseason-standouts-all-32-nfl-teams-radar-players-know-minicamp-workouts

Cincinnati Bengals

WR Kwamie Lassiter II

The rookie undrafted free agent had an impressive offseason. The wide receiver even earned some first-team reps on offense. If Lassiter can work his way into the special teams rotation, he might have a shot at making the 53-man roster. -- Ben Baby

We have the leading candidate for the "Armon Binns Uncoverable in Practice Award"
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 10:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34136555/surprise-offseason-standouts-all-32-nfl-teams-radar-players-know-minicamp-workouts

Cincinnati Bengals

WR Kwamie Lassiter II

That is the great thing about camp and preseason games (although tough to evaluate going against guys who will not make a NFL roster).

I would love to see us sign Fuller, but my guess he wants to much money so FO are hoping a player like Lassiter develops.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I remember his Dad when he was a safety for the Cardinals (also orig signed as UDFA). I assume they will give him (jr) some reps as a returner. His college numbers weren't eye-popping, but Kansas wasn't very good. Lol @ the Binns reference. ^
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 11:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We have the leading candidate for the "Armon Binns Uncoverable in Practice Award"

Or the Damion Willis = Jerry Rice in preseason and falls of the map in regular season award.
Reply/Quote
at least 1 UDFA makes the team every year...it might as well be him

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Not saying he'll be an all-star or anything, but I think he could sneak into the lineup and make some splash plays!

He's a solid punt returner and is working hard to become a better receiver, so I think he's a solid add.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 01:58 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: I remember his Dad when he was a safety for  the Cardinals (also orig signed as UDFA).  

Died of a heart attack at age 49.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 11:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We have the leading candidate for the "Armon Binns Uncoverable in Practice Award"

Armon Binns, good grief. He actually started that season better than I remember. After three games, he had 12 catches for 157 yards and one TD. That's a fairly promising start, and would have projected out to 64 catches, 837 yards and 5 TDs. He recorded no receiving statistics in week four, was fairly ineffective in weeks 5 & 6, then was benched for most of the season afterwards. 

He is currently the receivers coach at Youngstown State. 
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 10:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: WR Kwamie Lassiter II

This is his sister Darian Lassiter who is a professional dancer and member of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders

[Image: 210px-Dallas_Cowboys_Darian_Lassiter_2020_Y1.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Cincinnati Bengals

WR Kwamie Lassiter II

Nice, I usually don't agree with much of espn's stuff but Lassiter could certainly be the dark horse on Offense and on ST's.

Dude is fast, with good hands and seems to have great instincts. Burrow has been working with him too, so he must like what
he sees. As most of us have been saying WR4 is a bit of an unknown at this point so the door is open for Lassiter or another guy
to come in make a play here and there if one of our big 3 go down or need rest.
Reply/Quote
I'd love the Bengals to sign KaVonte Turpin out of the USFL who was just their MVP. Solid WR who can add an electric element to the return game.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 04:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is his sister Darian Lassiter who is a professional dancer and member of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders

The enemy!  Nothing against him or her in particular, but having a pretty sister doesn't guarantee anything..lol  Well, there is always the possibility of pretty nieces and nephews.. I had pretty nieces and a nephew, but they all grew up to be ugly adults..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 05:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'd love the Bengals to sign KaVonte Turpin out of the USFL who was just their MVP. Solid WR who can add an electric element to the return game.

Turpin had 2 domestic violence charges at TCU which is why he wasn't drafted or signed as a free agent. He is also 5' 7" and 158 lbs. He may get some interest but I would think his NFL opportunities will still be limited. Who knows though, Tyreek Hill was given an opportunity under similar circumstances.
Reply/Quote
Damion Willis
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 04:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is his sister Darian Lassiter who is a professional dancer and member of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders

You got a lot of time on your hands, don't you?
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 09:34 PM)Tony Wrote: You got a lot of time on your hands, don't you?

And lotion.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 09:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And lotion.

I got stock in Kleenex....
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 09:17 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Turpin had 2 domestic violence charges at TCU which is why he wasn't drafted or signed as a free agent. He is also 5' 7" and 158 lbs. He may get some interest but I would think his NFL opportunities will still be limited. Who knows though, Tyreek Hill was given an opportunity under similar circumstances.

I’m aware.
Reply/Quote