Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals offense has some nice weapons
(09-10-2015, 02:00 PM)magikod Wrote: Greg Little will be a beast this year. I just have a feeling.

I had that feeling last year and he disappointed. Of course he should be much better with a year under his belt with the playbook.

That said, I just don't see how he could be very involved with AJ, Sanu and MLJ in front of him. Also Eifert, Gio, Hill and Kroft should soak up targets.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 01:32 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I was checking out some fantasy football videos on NFL.com and the question someone asked was, Is Andy Dalton a viable 2nd QB in a 2 QB league. I expected a resounding No.

But the answer was "absolutely, look at all the weapons around Dalton."

AJ Green, Marvin Jones is back, Sanu, Eifert, Jeremy Hill and Bernard were all mentioned. Then there is Burkhead, Hewitt and Little off the bench, none of whom were mentioned.

Is any other QB surrounded by more? If so, who and what do they have?

Pittsburgh - Antonio Brown, LeVeon Bell, Martavis Bryant, Markus Wheaton, 
Detriot - Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate, Ameer Abdullah, Joique Bell, Eric Ebron
Indianapolis - Andre Johnson, TY Hilton, Frank Gore, Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener
Dallas - Dez Bryant, Jason Witten, Terrance Williams, RB bundle, Cole Beasley
Minnesota - Adrian Peterson, Charles Johnson, Mike Wallace, Kyle Rudolph, Cordarrelle Patterson
Philadelphia - DeMaro Murray, Jordan Matthews, Nelson Aghlor, Zach Ertz, Ryan Matthews, Darren Sproles
Miami - Lamar Miller, Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Kenny Stills, Jordan Cameron
Denver - Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, RBs Bundle, Owen Daniels
Buffalo - LeSean McCoy, Sammy Watkins, Percy Harvin, Charles Clay, Robert Woods
Tampa Bay - Vincent Jackson, Mike Evans, Austin Seferian Jenkins, Doug Martin

And still other teams with maybe not so "many weapons", yet their first 2-3 options may be better than ours like NYG (Beckham, Cruz), ATL (Julio, White), ARI (John Brown, Fitz, Floyd) GB (Lacy, Cobb, Adams, Jones), KC (Charles, Maclin, Kelce), WAS (Jackson, Garcon, Morries, Reed) SEA (Lynch, Graham, Baldwin, Lockett) 

Of course they can and are highly debated, I am not going to just assume that the Bengals are loaded and its crazy that Dalton is a viable number 2 option in a two QB league.  How many teams are in this league? Even if it is ten, I would sure hope that Dalton is a viable #2 option, considering he isn't in the top 10, but being placed in the 10-20 range.  
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 03:09 PM)Night Wrote: Pittsburgh - Antonio Brown, LeVeon Bell, Martavis Bryant, Markus Wheaton, 
Detriot - Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate, Ameer Abdullah, Joique Bell, Eric Ebron
Indianapolis - Andre Johnson, TY Hilton, Frank Gore, Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener
Dallas - Dez Bryant, Jason Witten, Terrance Williams, RB bundle, Cole Beasley
Minnesota - Adrian Peterson, Charles Johnson, Mike Wallace, Kyle Rudolph, Cordarrelle Patterson
Philadelphia - DeMaro Murray, Jordan Matthews, Nelson Aghlor, Zach Ertz, Ryan Matthews, Darren Sproles
Miami - Lamar Miller, Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Kenny Stills, Jordan Cameron
Denver - Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, RBs Bundle, Owen Daniels
Buffalo - LeSean McCoy, Sammy Watkins, Percy Harvin, Charles Clay, Robert Woods
Tampa Bay - Vincent Jackson, Mike Evans, Austin Seferian Jenkins, Doug Martin

And still other teams with maybe not so "many weapons", yet their first 2-3 options may be better than ours like NYG (Beckham, Cruz), ATL (Julio, White), ARI (John Brown, Fitz, Floyd) GB (Lacy, Cobb, Adams, Jones), KC (Charles, Maclin, Kelce), WAS (Jackson, Garcon, Morries, Reed) SEA (Lynch, Graham, Baldwin, Lockett) 

Of course they can and are highly debated, I am not going to just assume that the Bengals are loaded and its crazy that Dalton is a viable number 2 option in a two QB league.  How many teams are in this league? Even if it is ten, I would sure hope that Dalton is a viable #2 option, considering he isn't in the top 10, but being placed in the 10-20 range.  

I completely disagree with everybody on this list except for the Steelers. Our Rbs are as an elite as you can get Marvin Jones and Sanu are a good 2 and 3 options. AJ is an elite #1 Reciever . The only guy I have a question about is Eifert but he has a ton of talent that I think he will be a good player.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 03:29 PM)J24 Wrote: I completely disagree with everybody on this list except for the Steelers. Our Rbs are as an elite as you can get Marvin Jones and Sanu are a good 2 and 3 options. AJ is an elite #1 Reciever . The only guy I have a question about is Eifert but he has a ton of talent that I think he will be a good player.

I really hope he is. He's my starting TE in all my fantasy leagues thus far!

I have faith!(?)

::fingers crossed::
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cardinals have about the same but maybe better quality. Larry Fitzgerald, Jermaine Gresham, Andre Ellington just to start.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 04:38 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Jermaine Gresham

Gresham's a bird-ass
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 02:00 PM)magikod Wrote: Greg Little will be a beast this year. I just have a feeling.

He looked really good in pre season.  Only had a few bad plays, and was making some fine catches while taking a hit.

I don't think he'll get much of a chance unless Sanu gets hurt - and maybe not even then.   I'd love to see him produce consistently.  He's got skills when he's focused.  And I think being familiar with the play book and the coaching staff letting him know this could be his last chance made a bid difference in him.

Hope he gets the chance to prove he's different... and does.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 03:29 PM)J24 Wrote: I completely disagree with everybody on this list except for the Steelers. Our Rbs are as an elite as you can get Marvin Jones and Sanu are a good 2 and 3 options. AJ is an elite #1 Reciever . The only guy I have a question about is Eifert but he has a ton of talent that I think he will be a good player.

In regards to a fantasy QB article though, doesn't the RBs take points away from the QB for the most part, sure a pass here and there, but goaline TDs and rushing yards. If Jeremy Hill runs for 125 yds and 2 TDs, is Dalton really putting up huge fantasy numbers?
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
They might be young or "unproven" because of small sample sizes but what else can you really compare their efforts to? If that's how they performed when playing they possibly could be that good. Or from another perspective maybe Dalton makes those guys look good? Dalton had a great fantasy year in 2012 and 2013 as a QB2, but that was in Gruden's system. If Hue wants to utilize the Dynamic Duo as much as he should, Dalton might not be the best option in fantasy regardless of how many receiving weapons we have.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 08:30 PM)type_stripe Wrote: They might be young or "unproven" because of small sample sizes but what else can you really compare their efforts to? If that's how they performed when playing they possibly could be that good. Or from another perspective maybe Dalton makes those guys look good? Dalton had a great fantasy year in 2012 and 2013 as a QB2, but that was in Gruden's system. If Hue wants to utilize the Dynamic Duo as much as he should, Dalton might not be the best option in fantasy regardless of how many receiving weapons we have.

It doesn't mean their not good. They're just not as good as what other teams have. Its not a slight at our team, but just the reality that the NFL is full of great players.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 12:50 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: It doesn't mean their not good. They're just not as good as what other teams have. Its not a slight at our team, but just the reality that the NFL is full of great players.

Yep, there are other teams with talented skill players. our receiving group is probably top 10 and the running back tandem is definitely a top 5. Weapons.
Reply/Quote
Wow! I didnt think my reply would cause so much debate. Like i said its just my own .02. Sure there are other teams that might look better but our wr's, TE's and RB's are all young. Im not counting Dalton just his weapons. I have never felt this confident in our players at those positions. I will say this, you put A. Rodgers or Brady on this team....instant Powerhouse and hands down the best team in the NFL, not just on paper.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 01:54 AM)type_stripe Wrote: Yep, there are other teams with talented skill players. our receiving group is probably top 10 and the running back tandem is definitely a top 5. Weapons.

I doubt they will be that high. There are a lot of good running backs out there. It's not like Hill is already a top 5 RB. There is a lot better receiving cores out there too. More than 10 at least.
Reply/Quote

I'll take Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate over anyone 1/2.  Megatron and Tate kinda make Julio Jones and Roddy White look like a bag of dicks.  And they have Lance Moore at 3.  I'll take Pettigrew and Ebron over Eifert too.  And I'm hearing a lot of good things about this Abdullah kid.

Indy with Andre Johnson to go with TY Hilton?  That's a better 1/2 than we have. Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener vs Eeifert...  Frank Gore is no slouch either.  At best, I would say these is a push.

I would have had Green Bay ahead too, if Nelson didn't get hurt.  Nelson, Cobb and Adams may be the best 1/2/3 stable of WR's in the league.  And Eddie Lacy is a beast.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2015, 02:01 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I doubt they will be that high. There are a lot of good running backs out there. It's not like Hill is already a top 5 RB. There is a lot better receiving cores out there too. More than 10 at least.

I'm saying those are probably where experts are ranking them entering the season since this post is about Dalton being surrounded by weapons for fantasy before the season begins. You're absolutely right though, By the end of the season who knows. Hill could be a legit top 5 or lead the league in fumbles, etc.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 06:25 PM)Night Wrote: In regards to a fantasy QB article though, doesn't the RBs take points away from the QB for the most part, sure a pass here and there, but goaline TDs and rushing yards. If Jeremy Hill runs for 125 yds and 2 TDs, is Dalton really putting up huge fantasy numbers?

Andy will not get as many attempts but he will get better attempts. So no I don't think it will hurt him in fact I think it will help him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 06:25 PM)Night Wrote: In regards to a fantasy QB article though, doesn't the RBs take points away from the QB for the most part, sure a pass here and there, but goaline TDs and rushing yards. If Jeremy Hill runs for 125 yds and 2 TDs, is Dalton really putting up huge fantasy numbers?

That would make sense, but in reality Dalton is more likely to have a screen to Marvin Jones go for a huge play, or a play action fake to Hill that turns in to a deep seam pass to Eifert because teams have to respect the running game.  It is all about synergy.  The Colts use to say that their fourth best receiving option on any given snap was too much four the fourth best cover guy on any defense.  If you have AJ, MLJ, Burkhead, and Eifert as receiving options on any given snap, I really like our chances. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 01:32 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I was checking out some fantasy football videos on NFL.com and the question someone asked was, Is Andy Dalton a viable 2nd QB in a 2 QB league. I expected a resounding No.

But the answer was "absolutely, look at all the weapons around Dalton."

AJ Green, Marvin Jones is back, Sanu, Eifert, Jeremy Hill and Bernard were all mentioned. Then there is Burkhead, Hewitt and Little off the bench, none of whom were mentioned.

Is any other QB surrounded by more? If so, who and what do they have?

Thoughts

BTW, I didn't draft Dalton, but I did snag Jeremy Hill early, Bengals D in the middle rounds and I got Marvin Jones with the very last pick.

If Green, MLJ, Eifert and Hill all stay healthy it could be the best arsenal.

We will see, i drafted Hill in my FF league and i have Dalton as my backup to Peyton Manning.
Reply/Quote