Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals offensive line vs Dallas offensive line
Watching the Dallas o-line play yesterday I said ” hey their good because they have invested a lot of early picks on their line “ then I thought wait so have the Bengals. Zeitler Is a 1st round pick, Ogbuehi is a 1st round pick, Whitworth was a pro bowl player last year and is a 2nd round pick, Boling has been starting since 2011 and we invested a 2nd round pick in Fisher, Bodine is terrible but either we are not good at drafting or it’s a coaching problem. I believe it’s a coaching issue. If you watched this o-line play you would think they were all rookies, low round picks or backups. And I know people will say it’s an experience issue with Ogbuehi but Zach Martin stared his rookie year and played great same with Frederick’s who was drafted in the low 1st round like Ogbuehi. If we resign Zeitler this offseason which I hope we don’t and draft a 1st round linemen we would have three 1st round o-linemen plus Fisher 2nd round and if we keep this coaching staff we would probably still have a bad line.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 08:51 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Watching the Dallas o-line play yesterday I said ” hey their good because they have invested a lot of early picks on their line “ then I thought wait so have the Bengals.  Zeitler Is a 1st round pick, Ogbuehi is a 1st round pick, Whitworth was a pro bowl player last year and is a 2nd round pick, Boling has been starting since 2011 and we invested a 2nd round pick in Fisher, Bodine is terrible but either we are not good at drafting or it’s a coaching problem. I believe it’s a coaching issue. If you watched this o-line play you would think they were all rookies, low round picks or backups.   And I know people will say it’s an experience issue with Ogbuehi but Zach Martin stared his rookie year and played great same with Frederick’s who was drafted in the low 1st round like Ogbuehi.  If we resign Zeitler this offseason which I hope we don’t and draft a 1st round linemen we would have three 1st round  o-linemen plus Fisher 2nd round and if we keep this coaching staff we would probably still have a bad line.

I think this goes to show that you can't just draft highly ranked players, plug them in, and expect them to be high impact guys.  They still need coaching, which is sorely lacking with our offensive line.  
Reply/Quote
It's disappointing, that's for certain.

Dallas has rushed for 776 yards and 11 TDs
Bengals have rushed for 419 yards and 3 TDs
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This guy could coach the hell out of a triple cheeseburger :

[Image: 635854429222274124-alexander1.jpg]
Reply/Quote