Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals over/under odds
(06-30-2021, 01:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. lol, have you watched any videos from OTAs thus far? He did all that, BEING HELD BACK.
2. Missed assignments and being in the wrong spot, have to do with positional coaching, which is where they have been improved. Lou's calls I have no comment, but Zac's play-calling has also been overblown (on the bad end). Again, someone who is, "clueless," and, "in over their head," would never have been able to call circles around Tomlin in that Stoolers game. We made them look super-inept and unprepared.
3. That's fine; you feel that way. But objectively, Reader is a top 5 NT in the league and, objectively, by the numbers, Hendrickson had the second-most sacks in the league last year.

Be positive.

1.) Who cares about OTAs? Their Literally playing against air.

2.) The play calling might be overblown but he isn't the second coming of Bill Walsh either. 

3.) Nose Tackle isn't an important position in today's NFL.So saying Reader will have an huge impact is very misleading. Its like being excited over having a great Full Back it's good but it matters very little. Hendrickson 1.) Has only had one top notch season and 2.) Benefited from playing across Cam Jordan and next too David Onyemeta.  He doesn't have the same supporting cast that he had their.

Stop telling people how to feel this communist Bengal Land.

While I think this team has potential (especially offensively) I think it will take time for them to gel and improve. At the End of the season we will be a tough team to play but it will take some time.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 04:04 PM)J24 Wrote: 3.) Nose Tackle isn't an important position in today's NFL.So saying Reader will have an huge impact is very misleading. Its like being excited over having a great Full Back it's good but it matters very little.

BS.  It is difficult for edge rushers to get to the QB when he can just step up in the pocket.

Healthy Reader will make a big difference.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 04:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BS.  It is difficult for edge rushers to get to the QB when he can just step up in the pocket.

Healthy Reader will make a big difference.

Reader isn't a 3 down player he won't be playing on the majority of passing downs.
J24

Reply/Quote
I'd take the over. We've added some good talent to the team--and younger players are maturing. If they don't get to 8 wins it's on the coaching without a doubt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 05:06 PM)J24 Wrote: Reader isn't a 3 down player he won't be playing on the majority of passing downs.

Every down is a passing down in the NFL.  Last year only TWO teams (New England, Baltimore) ran more often than threw the ball on first down.

A healthy Reader will make a BIG difference.  Last year our DTs were just as bad as our OGs.  It was the weakest position group on defense by far.  If Reader and Ogunjobi play like they did in 2019 we will have one of the best DT duos in the entire league.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 06:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Every down is a passing down in the NFL.  Last year only TWO teams (New England, Baltimore) ran more often than threw the ball on first down.

A healthy Reader will make a BIG difference.  Last year our DTs were just as bad as our OGs.  It was the weakest position group on defense by far.  If Reader and Ogunjobi play like they did in 2019 we will have one of the best DT duos in the entire league.

He is not worth the 10+ million a year contract they gave him + Reader will be replaced on the majority of third downs.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 09:00 PM)J24 Wrote: He is not worth the 10+ million a year contract they gave him + Reader will be replaced on the majority of third downs.

Backpedal much?

Reader will help against the run and he will also be on the field for a majority of passing plays.  His contract amount has nothing to do with how much of an impact he will have on the defense next year.
Reply/Quote
Under, but the next year, way over.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 09:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Backpedal much?

Reader will help against the run and he will also be on the field for a majority of passing plays.  His contract amount has nothing to do with how much of an impact he will have on the defense next year.

When did I backpedal? I have said it from the day he signed his contract good player bad contract. Now if he was a 3T it would be a different story.
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 04:04 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Who cares about OTAs? Their Literally playing against air.

2.) The play calling might be overblown but he isn't the second coming of Bill Walsh either. 

3.) Nose Tackle isn't an important position in today's NFL.So saying Reader will have an huge impact is very misleading. Its like being excited over having a great Full Back it's good but it matters very little. Hendrickson 1.) Has only had one top notch season and 2.) Benefited from playing across Cam Jordan and next too David Onyemeta.  He doesn't have the same supporting cast that he had their.

Stop telling people how to feel this communist Bengal Land.

While I think this team has potential (especially offensively) I think it will take time for them to gel and improve. At the End of the season we will be a tough team to play but it will take some time.

HuH?? This whole post is full of "WTF"...
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 11:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We won 4 games (and tied 1) last year with:

- a worse oline
- worse weapons
- worse defense
- Burrow out for 6.5 games
- Worse (on paper) coaching

Nobody is saying that we're winning 13 and going for the SB, but to say we're not going to improve 2 games with the improvements/draft that we made/had?

You guys are nuts and beyond-negative (natch). I would say moronic and/or idiotic, but that's rude and I won't go that far.

Bro, the coaching staff is trash, the line is thin, and the defensive is cobbled together with zero sense of identify. I’ve watched the team my entire life (I’m 39), people on this thread say we were “close” last year. Close to what? The 8-8 special?

Maybe we win 7-8 games, but for my money, I’ll ride with vegas, never with the bengals... they already break my heart they can’t have my bank
Reply/Quote
These threads always Crack me up. The question is asked and then when people express their opinions that the team will not be good, the unrealistic homers attack.

I got called ignorant a few years ago when before the season I said it was a 6 win team at best, then the team proceeded to go 2-14 LMAO.

I can't blame anyone for taking the under until this team and coaching staff proves they can win football games.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 10:40 PM)J24 Wrote: When did I backpedal? I have said it from the day he signed his contract good player bad contract. Now if he was a 3T it would be a different story.

You started out claiming he won't be better than what we had last year and will not improve the defense.

Now you are whining abour how much he gets paid and not playing 100% of the snaps.

A healthy Reader will be a big improvement for our defense this year. If yoy don't realuze that then you don't know much about football. Our DTs last year were probably the worst in the league.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 11:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You started out claiming he won't be better than what we had last year and will not improve the defense.

Now you are whining abour how much he gets paid and not playing 100% of the snaps.

A healthy Reader will be a big improvement for our defense this year. If yoy don't realuze that then you don't know much about football. Our DTs last year were probably the worst in the league.
I have never said he won't be better than what we had last season. What I said was he doesn't play a premium position which he doesn't.  
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 04:04 PM)J24 Wrote: 3.) Nose Tackle isn't an important position in today's NFL.So saying Reader will have an huge impact is very misleading. Its like being excited over having a great Full Back

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 11:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We won 4 games (and tied 1) last year with:

- a worse oline
- worse weapons
- worse defense
- Burrow out for 6.5 games
- Worse (on paper) coaching

Nobody is saying that we're winning 13 and going for the SB, but to say we're not going to improve 2 games with the improvements/draft that we made/had?

You guys are nuts and beyond-negative (natch). I would say moronic and/or idiotic, but that's rude and I won't go that far.

Ya, well.....you know.....that's just your opinion, man.  

You have your opinion, I have mine. 

If I had a pile of your money sitting in front of me and had to use it on this bet, I would still take the under. We still have Mike effing Brown leading this franchise.  We will be bit by the cursed Bengal injury bug this year, (I will bet the house on that one), and ZT hasn't exactly lit the league on fire.  So yes, I will stick with my 5-6 win season prediction thank you very much.  I could say predictions that have us winning double digit games are nuts and beyond homer(ism) and moronic and/or idiotic, but that's rude and I won't go that far.  

Be realistic. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I think I'd take the over this year. Especially with the extra game. I think we'll know how good this team is right out of the gate against the Vikings.
Looking at the schedule, there's a lot of winnable games. Steelers are going to help us a lot by dropping both games. If we can't win this year, ZT has gots to go!
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 02:30 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Ya, well.....you know.....that's just your opinion, man.  

You have your opinion, I have mine. 

If I had a pile of your money sitting in front of me and had to use it on this bet, I would still take the under. We still have Mike effing Brown leading this franchise.  We will be bit by the cursed Bengal injury bug this year, (I will bet the house on that one), and ZT hasn't exactly lit the league on fire.  So yes, I will stick with my 5-6 win season prediction thank you very much.  I could say predictions that have us winning double digit games are nuts and beyond homer(ism) and moronic and/or idiotic, but that's rude and I won't go that far.  

Be realistic. 

I'm always realistic, 'hawk... I just prefer to see the positive ThumbsUp
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I think 6.5 is ridiculous! (Except for the fact that Vegas seems to be remarkably accurate most of the time.) I'm gonna grab all of that I can and take the OVER. The Bengals will win 10-11 games this season. This team will be greater than the sum of its parts. Every new free agent is ga ga over Joe Burrow. Every player is working his tail off to not let Burrow down and to keep up with his relentless work ethic. The motivation is palpable. The number of new players is truly rare. And when you add the FAs and good players (Mixon, Reader, Waynes, Jonah Williams, etc.) who missed much or all of last year to the very good crop from THIS off season, we will field a team that no one has ever seen and that has never lost a game!

The Bengals are dead. Long live the BENGALS.

No more "Bungles" mentality. No more finding a way to lose.

All Hail The Bengals. All disposable income on the OVER!!! :-)
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 10:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm always realistic, 'hawk... I just prefer to see the positive ThumbsUp

I'm with you, Truck.

I'll wear any of those loving terms of endearment, 'hawk.  If you can't see the difference between typical silly season bluster, with a side of hope-springs-eternal, and what the Bengal players are DOING and SAYING, then you're looking at the wrong group.  The players are juiced beyond anything we've ever seen here.  And the team is currently made up of pretty much ZERO Bengals of old.  So, go ahead and bring that tired, lazy, trite "it's-the-Bengals" pessimism if you want, but keep your baking pan clean because a Humble Pie with Crow is in your future.  Just be man enough to admit it when you see it.  (As will I should I be "mistaken.") 

My only caveat is catastrophic injuries.  Another round of those and it's another train wreck.   But no one can foresee that and it wouldn't be an "I told you so" opportunity.
Reply/Quote