Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals own the Eagles
(09-21-2020, 07:10 PM)McC Wrote: Didn't we tie them once when Donovan McNabb didn't know there was such a thing as overtime?  Wasn't that the Eagles or was it when he was with Washington?

You quoted your own answer LOL

(09-21-2020, 08:16 PM)jason Wrote: That was the 03 game that the OP mentioned when he said the Eagles couldn't beat us that year. We also couldn't beat them.

'08 Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 08:23 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The best piece of advice I could ever give to someone is to never bet on a Bengals game.  It doesn't matter if you're betting for or against them.  They'll usually find a way to screw you.

For this same reason, I avoid Bengals players in Fantasy like the plague.  Need a big game from a Bengal on your team?  Not happening.  Opponent starting Chase Coffman and Bernard Scott? Look for a career day from both.

STAY AWAY!!!

That's the truth!

I used Dalton at QB in 2015 when he was rolling, but have been burned ever since with any of them. Guy in my league took Mixon in the first. I got Aaron Jones in the 3rd.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Who one this team was around the last time they played? Mike Brown?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 08:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You quoted your own answer LOL

'08 Wink

That's what I meant... The one where McNabb said he didn't know about ties, and TJ said he was auditioning for the Eagles. But yes... One of the better games we played in that hard to watch season. There was never any Fitzmagic for us.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 08:23 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The best piece of advice I could ever give to someone is to never bet on a Bengals game.  It doesn't matter if you're betting for or against them.  They'll usually find a way to screw you.

For this same reason, I avoid Bengals players in Fantasy like the plague.  Need a big game from a Bengal on your team?  Not happening.  Opponent starting Chase Coffman and Bernard Scott? Look for a career day from both.

STAY AWAY!!!
First bet ever was last week against spread. Won 70 on a fun bet. Backdoor cover. Was told to stay away after by wife.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 04:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not to mention we beat the crap out of them at the beginning of "Invincible"

Best opening scene of any movie I’ve ever seen
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 07:10 PM)McC Wrote: Didn't we tie them once when Donovan McNabb didn't know there was such a thing as overtime?  Wasn't that the Eagles or was it when he was with Washington?

I think donovan thought you couldn't actually tie in OT. Reminds me of the falcons waiting for the ball to go 10 yards until trying to recover it on defense except the latter had to be coaching.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 07:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Is this for real or are you BS'ing? If true, that's some hilarious stuff right there. TBH, if a QB throws away on 3rd down, fans would not cheer for him. That's a ballsy move from the sound guy.

It's real! Lol. Home game he played the boos. No crowd. I don't actually know if there's social media involved that directs the audio noise because I feel like there are delayed reactions to plays. The article I read said it was just the DJ guy doing it to mimic reality lol.

Apparently DJ took creative license, he was supposed to only boo "bad calls" (refs) and not poor play, but he boo'd on 2 bad plays by wentz lol.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/carson-wentz-booed-eagles-fans/1xj07vhmo9gmo1frqm7uo3f2r5

Google "philly boos wentz with no crowd".

This article has some interesting information on what's happening with piped in stadium noise:
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/09/21/eagles-fake-crowd-noise-boo-carson-wentz

Wentz didn't hear it because broadcoast audio is different than stadium audio. Stadium audio is indicated to be white-type noise not to exceed 70db on a loop, to which one coach called "torture".
Reply/Quote
It does seem like the Bengals always play well against the Fleagles even in their down years. Their fans are notoriously terrible, however this year there may not be any, or at least very few.

Hopefully 10 days to rest up, heal up, and get ready will help.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2020, 08:46 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think donovan thought you couldn't actually tie in OT. Reminds me of the falcons waiting for the ball to go 10 yards until trying to recover it on defense except the latter had to be coaching.

That's right.  Thanks.

As to the Falcons, yeah, that was about as dumb as it gets.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Quote:Bengals own the Eagles

I'm sorry, but this is a Zac Taylor team now and he's been owned by everyone. Maybe the Bengals history will be strong enough to overcome the Taylor ineptitudeness that we've had to witness or maybe the Eagles ineptness will be greater and win the day for the Bengals.

Does anyone realize that the Bengals have not had a single dominate win since Taylor came aboard? The team hasn't even sniffed one.

Reply/Quote
Lou Anarumo is our DC.. Expect alot of points by the Eagles or a shit ton of yards.
Reply/Quote
I was at the 2005 in Philly. The Eagles started their scrubs since they already clinched a playoff spot. Bengals beat them handily, but it was semi-close at the half.
Reply/Quote