Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving Gio for Thursday?
Is it possible that the lack of Gio was so that we could have him fresh for Thursday? If I'm not mistaken, the Browns have a pretty horrid run defense this year, and Gio could have a huge game, given he has fresh legs. I did catch him making some mean blocks yesterday though. Anyways, just a random thought about why one of our best weapons was absent most the game.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:57 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Is it possible that the lack of Gio was so that we could have him fresh for Thursday? If I'm not mistaken, the Browns have a pretty horrid run defense this year, and Gio could have a huge game, given he has fresh legs. I did catch him making some mean blocks yesterday though. Anyways, just a random thought about why one of our best weapons was absent most the game.

think it was more trying to get hill rolling then moving to the passing game very quick.

But Gio should be fresh for thrusday... And hill might get the day off he was limping pretty bad at the end.
Reply/Quote
Doubt it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Hill had 148 yards rushing the last time we played the Browns.
Reply/Quote
saving him or not, I'm sure he's pissed off about his lack of playtime and will take it out on the Brownies. Let's go Brownies, let's go!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Or maybe it's just because Hue forgot we could run the ball. Hill didn't exactly gets tons of carries either.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:57 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Is it possible that the lack of Gio was so that we could have him fresh for Thursday? If I'm not mistaken, the Browns have a pretty horrid run defense this year, and Gio could have a huge game, given he has fresh legs. I did catch him making some mean blocks yesterday though. Anyways, just a random thought about why one of our best weapons was absent most the game.

No way we were saving anyone when we were trailing for most of the game.
Reply/Quote

No I just think that Hue's game plan was not as good as usual.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I doubt we were saving him. He probably would have rather ran the ball then get blown up play after play being asked to block a charging 260lb Timmons one on one. C'mon Hue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No way we were saving anyone when we were trailing for most of the game.

Agreed.  if Hue was seriously 'saving' Gio then that would have been arrogance/ignorance bearing in mind how we were struggling on offense .vs Steelers.

Marvin and the players seem too go out of their way to re-iterate they're only focussing on what's in front of them right now so very much doubt gio was being saved for thursday.
Reply/Quote
I don't know what Hue was saving, but I am still quite befuddled by the lack of production in the running game and how Eifert was not a huge factor playing a team that has trouble covering tight ends....
Reply/Quote
Saving him for what? The Browns have the worst run D in the NFL and we need Hill to get going. If anything, expect more Hill.
Reply/Quote
I think Hue's gameplan was OK... he just had to drop the plan because of too many bonehead plays (bad snaps, penalties, etc) that resulted in the many 2nd and 25s or 3rd and 17s we had.

We were running successfully yesterday, in limited run plays. Also I think Gio had about the same number of snaps as Hill. Way fewer touches but he was playing physical in the blocking game. I doubt he'll be as fresh as you think after 4 days.
Reply/Quote

Not a chance in heLL was that the case, you don't hold anything back when it comes to burying the Squealers!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 05:33 PM)MaineBengal Wrote: I think Hue's gameplan was OK... he just had to drop the plan because of too many bonehead plays (bad snaps, penalties, etc) that resulted in the many 2nd and 25s or 3rd and 17s we had.

We were running successfully yesterday, in limited run plays. Also I think Gio had about the same number of snaps as Hill. Way fewer touches but he was playing physical in the blocking game. I doubt he'll be as fresh as you think after 4 days.

I noticed that too, but you might also see the Steelers ran in 2nd and 13 downs - the Bengals pass. The Bengals have almost as good a rush as Bell.

3rd and 5, Ben goes deep. 
3rd and 24, Dalton throws a 5 yard pass.

There was some strange stuff going on that game.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote