Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals plane in emergency landing at JFK
Failing engine apparently thank god they are all safe.

https://twitter.com/markvslaughter/status/1606831216166334465?s=46&t=Wlpv91L8QkM58iBwlSA7eg
Reply/Quote
Crazy....
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Wow. Glad they’re OK!
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Scary and glad everyone is safe... I hope they figure out a way to get these guys back home for Christmas even if they have to do the 12 hour by bus home.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I could drive 10 minutes and say what’s up
Reply/Quote
While you never want this to happen, people are making too big of a deal of this.

With aviation today, so long as you have one engine online, you're in perfectly fine shape to return landing.

Now, if you lose ALL engines, so long as you are over land, a skilled pilot can handle it to the best of their ability.

Over water, you need to ditch it and not everyone is Sully.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 11:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: While you never want this to happen, people are making too big of a deal of this.

With aviation today, so long as you have one engine online, you're in perfectly fine shape to return landing.

Now, if you lose ALL engines, so long as you are over land, a skilled pilot can handle it to the best of their ability.

Over water, you need to ditch it and not everyone is Sul
I like my engine staying on... Tongue
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 11:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Now, if you lose ALL engines, so long as you are over land, a skilled pilot can handle it to the best of their ability.

Just so long as there ain’t any big trees around
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 11:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: While you never want this to happen, people are making too big of a deal of this.

Over water, you need to ditch it and not everyone is Sully.

I'd assume an unskilled Pilot could as well. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Disappointed to not see a few “MB is too cheap to charter/buy a private jet posts”.

I mean I know the franchise is top notch and the team is good now but that doesn’t mean we fans have to change!
Reply/Quote
I bet the mechanic was a Steelers fan. I demand an investigation!
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 11:02 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Crazy....

Damned day ...
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 11:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Scary and glad everyone is safe... I hope they figure out a way to get these guys back home for Christmas even if they have to do the 12 hour by bus home.

Would be longer than 10 hours if the roads around here are any indication. It was 45 mph max on the outer belt here, with spits of 25-35. Columbus. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 11:45 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Disappointed to not see a few “MB is too cheap to charter/buy a private jet posts”.

I mean I know the franchise is top notch and the team is good now but that doesn’t mean we fans have to change!

They are currently attaching a Lumina engine to the wing.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This seems fishy after a Foxboro trip. Planegate here we go.

Reply/Quote