Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals player says he knew Tez and Jones would lose games for them
Ed Werder reports that a Bengals Player told him that he KNEW 55 and 24 would lose games for them because coaches let their actions go UNCHECKED!

There you have it folks! From the players mouths. MARVIN MUST GO!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I keep waiting to wake up from this nightmare. We intercepted, had the ball at steelers 26 with less than 2 minutes. Please tell me this is a bad dream. How did we possibly lose? I think I need to go throw up now.
Reply/Quote
Ooo, an unsubstantiated report that, even if true, some coward was unwilling to put his name on! Let's all overreact!
Reply/Quote
Who said that, Nuge? xD
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:00 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Ed Werder reports that a Bengals Player told him that he KNEW 55 and 24 would lose games for them because coaches let their actions go UNCHECKED!

What player Ed Werder like you reporting this crap? If it happened, tell us the source or STFU already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:03 PM)hitchopottimus Wrote: Ooo, an unsubstantiated report that, even if true, some coward was unwilling to put his name on! Let's all overreact!

Just confirmed what we already knew
Reply/Quote
per Adam Silver
"Jones conceded, however, that many outsiders would blame Lewis for failing to control his team. And, truth be told, several players inside the Bengals' locker room -- none of whom wanted his name used, for obvious reasons -- felt that Lewis deserved the criticism, citing a season-long lack of discipline among some defensive players in games, practices and meetings.

"Eventually," one player said, "this (expletive) catches up to you."

Said another: "You put up with enough (expletive) for enough time, guys think they can continually do it."

Lewis, for his part, refused to rebuke Jones, saying, "I'm not going to single out our guys. We had enough chances to win the football game."

EDIT: Michael Silver, rather.
Reply/Quote
After the crap CBS pulled last night, not trusting a BS media narrative from unnamed sources. From the player's mouth with a name or GTFO.
Reply/Quote
https://mobile.twitter.com/Edwerderespn
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:10 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/Edwerderespn

so you know twitter is not a actual player.. players have opinions but if you are not going to state the player.. I am not going to justify the comment.. Also as someone pointed out before,, Ray Lewis lost games for Ravens for the same actions and I don;t think he was held accountable either..because he won way more games with this play.. just as Jones and Burfict have.   
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:00 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Ed Werder reports that a Bengals Player told him that he KNEW 55 and 24 would lose games for them because coaches let their actions go UNCHECKED!

Ed Werder is a douche trying to get some publicity.  I don't believe this at all.  A steeler player, or coach (Porter), but not a Bengal.  

Marvin's team did an amazing job with a backup QB and what looked like a MASH unit secondary by games end. 

This one isn't on the coaches or players, it is on the officials.  Deny it all you want.  I was there and saw it all.  They had a very clear agenda.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: so you know twitter is not a actual player.. players have opinions but if you are not going to state the player.. I am not going to justify the comment.. Also as someone pointed out before,, Ray Lewis lost games for Ravens for the same actions and I don;t think he was held accountable either..because he won way more games with this play.. just as Jones and Burfict have.   

Obviously, players do not want to be identified when making comments like that! Come on man, don't be ridiculous. Would you go to your job and tell an assistant manager to go tell your boss he sucks at his job. Of course not. Seriously people?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: so you know twitter is not a actual player.. players have opinions but if you are not going to state the player.. I am not going to justify the comment.. Also as someone pointed out before,, Ray Lewis lost games for Ravens for the same actions and I don;t think he was held accountable either..because he won way more games with this play.. just as Jones and Burfict have.   

Well when they start winning playoff games and Super Bowls then we can discuss that.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:08 PM)TGISunday Wrote: per Adam Silver
"Jones conceded, however, that many outsiders would blame Lewis for failing to control his team. And, truth be told, several players inside the Bengals' locker room -- none of whom wanted his name used, for obvious reasons -- felt that Lewis deserved the criticism, citing a season-long lack of discipline among some defensive players in games, practices and meetings.

"Eventually," one player said, "this (expletive) catches up to you."

Said another: "You put up with enough (expletive) for enough time, guys think they can continually do it."

Lewis, for his part, refused to rebuke Jones, saying, "I'm not going to single out our guys. We had enough chances to win the football game."

EDIT: Michael Silver, rather.
Pretty sure I saw Gilberry quoted as having said that last night in the locker room.

I'm guessing Dunlap is the other.

I also saw where some of the guys on offense made comments about the loose cannons on defense.
Reply/Quote
Aren't they right? Good for them to speak out about it, case closed. The unfortunate part is Burfict is better than anything else we've seen without the penalties. Outside of Adam Jones return capability, he is replaceable. He's getting older, just cut the tie or demote him to only kick returns (where he sees limited field time to get a hot head). God knows Brandon tate isn't an upgrade.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:34 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ed Werder is a douche trying to get some publicity.  I don't believe this at all.  A steeler player, or coach (Porter), but not a Bengal.  

Marvin's team did an amazing job with a backup QB and what looked like a MASH unit secondary by games end. 

This one isn't on the coaches or players, it is on the officials.  Deny it all you want.  I was there and saw it all.  They had a very clear agenda.  

I wonder when the Bengals players' "AMAZING LOSS!" trophies arrive.  We can put them right next to the ones we got in 1998 that say "Hey, you won 3 games BUT you swept the Steelers!"
Reply/Quote
Checking in this morning still in shock. Not even sure I slept, but it's morning. And there's snow. This loss was something else. And I knew we'd lose. We didn't lose because of McCarron, but a dramatic meltdown. That spells trouble for Marvin. Outside of last nights game, lack of poise, and control of some our star players Burfict/Jones Chad/TJ (attack Burfict...who I wouldn't give up the rest of his game for that late personal foul...but even Peko was out of control!) in big game situations falls on the HC, and only the HC.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Be nice to know a name on that, but no reason not to buy it with Burfict at least. Dude is a dirty player, and doesnt care about the consequences of being one.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Wow. What a wonderful teammate. Way to go guys.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
As soon as we scored the TD I looked at my buddies and said "god I hope they bench Burfict, I know he's playing great but he's so out of control" Then the INT, my buddy says "are you sure?" and I replied "let's watch and see what happens if Steelers get ball back with any time left going to be ugly" Then the fumble happened and everyone knows what happened after that. Burfict and Jones are not pros, plan and simple, they can't control themselves and Marvin didn't give them an consequences for not doing so all year.

If I'm any other player on the Bengals team (that's actually there for playing football/winning and not getting the last word) I'm so pissed off if Marvin, Burfict, and Jones are back next season. Marvin has to go, plain and simple. Only way I would be ok with Burfict/Jones would be if a new head coach that puts foots in asses is there and those 2 guys are kept in check.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote