Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals player says he knew Tez and Jones would lose games for them
(01-10-2016, 01:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: Checking in this morning still in shock. Not even sure I slept, but it's morning. And there's snow. This loss was something else. And I knew we'd lose. We didn't lose because of McCarron, but a dramatic meltdown. That spells trouble for Marvin. Outside of last nights game, lack of poise, and control of some our star players Burfict/Jones Chad/TJ (attack Burfict...who I wouldn't give up the rest of his game for that late personal foul...but even Peko was out of control!) in big game situations falls on the HC, and only the HC.

Marvin called timeout on 3rd down two plays prior and SPECIFICALLY told Burfict to not do anything dumb and to control his emotions.

Serious question, how much, if at all, does that impact this?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well now I know how Redsox fans felt when the ball went between Buckners legs.
Reply/Quote
I mean what burfict did was a little dirty but there was a far worse hit in the game from shazier who was dancing afterwards ..

Burfict was tryin to check on brown and got pushed away .

They are making this hit out to be worse than odb targeting josh Norman . It's bullsh*t
Reply/Quote
Why wasn't Joey Porter flagged for even being on the field when they flagged Jones for going after him. Coaches are not allowed on the field. It is all BS....
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:22 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: I mean what burfict did was a little dirty but there was a far worse hit in the game from shazier who was dancing afterwards ..

Burfict was tryin to check on brown and got pushed away .

They are making this  hit out to be worse than odb targeting josh Norman . It's bullsh*t

THIS THIS THIS.

People act like Burfict laid the worst hit in the entire history of the league, but conveniently forget what Shazier did earlier. Probably because Nantz and Simms were trying their hardest to make it look clean. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:00 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Ed Werder reports that a Bengals Player told him that he KNEW 55 and 24 would lose games for them because coaches let their actions go UNCHECKED!

There you have it folks! From the players mouths. MARVIN MUST GO!

Not according to AJ Green.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000620295/article/green-i-wouldnt-trade-vontaze-and-jones-for-anything

However, Marvin Lewis on the other hand, isn't in control and that showed.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Pretty sure I saw Gilberry quoted as having said that last night in the locker room.

I'm guessing Dunlap is the other.

I also saw where some of the guys on offense made comments about the loose cannons on defense.

Dunlap did tweet that the Bengals beat the Bengals, and they have no one to blame but themselves. I agree with him.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Marvin called timeout on 3rd down two plays prior and SPECIFICALLY told Burfict to not do anything dumb and to control his emotions.

Serious question, how much, if at all, does that impact this?

I think it impacts it because Burfict specifically ignored Marvin. Who hasn't had control of him the last couple years (remember the returns and playing with concussions). Zimmer was the only one Burfict feared. Had him somewhat tamed. Burfict had a hell of a game in my opinion. But he's lost us at least 2 games now so it's becoming a trend. He's won us many more.  

The Shazier hit only bothers me because I thought the receiver Williams hit had become a runner. Yet he got flagged. All Pits supposedly bust draft picks showed up last night. Shazier, Bud, even Jarvis Jones. Just ugly.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If we had any true leadership in the locker room they should come out and say it and not hide their name. If I was a leader on that team I would have lasted into those 2 morons. There's 51 other people on the roster and an entire city that is sick and ***** tired of hearing the same bullshit year after year. Bengals gonna bungle bengals can't get it done in the playoffs. Those storylines were dead and gone until those two idiots ruined it.
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:29 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: THIS THIS THIS.

People act like Burfict laid the worst hit in the entire history of the league, but conveniently forget what Shazier did earlier. Probably because Nantz and Simms were trying their hardest to make it look clean. 

Jim Nantz and Phil Simms made Dan Fouts look good in comparison -- and don't get me started on Boomer Esiason.
Reply/Quote
Is anyone surprised by this? You have a team that is full of relatively good dudes who had their season burnt to the ground by a couple of guys that don't deserve (and never have) to wear Bengals jerseys. Of course, it's the trainer's fault for not being able to tame his animals.

Many on these boards knew that certain players would eventually cost the Bengals big time...I just don't think anyone imagined the price would be so steep.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Why was Burfict passed over by 31 other teams? Who dey? Good news, the Reds get started in 83 days!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:30 PM)Tvegas Wrote: Why was Burfict passed over by 31 other teams? Who dey?  Good news, the Reds get started in 83 days!

Awesome.  I hope we can get to 60 wins. That team will hardly be worth watching this year, but alas, I'll be pulled in like the sucker that I am.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Burfict turned that game around nearly by himself. He changes the entire defense by his presence.We're never back in that game without him.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:00 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Ed Werder reports that a Bengals Player told him that he KNEW 55 and 24 would lose games for them because coaches let their actions go UNCHECKED!

I too no finally think that it is time to let ML move on. He has clearly demonstrated he can get us to the playoffs, but not the next level. I understand consistency, but we now need someone who can take all this talent to the next level. I am not a ML hater. Thank you for what you did, but time to find your life's work.
Reply/Quote

You are reaching. 

Here is a question for everyone that is saying these idiotic things...

What would you have done?

Would you have pulled VB and Jones?  2 of our best defensive players?  Remove them at this point is beyond stupid.

The refs not calling a consistent game is what caused the actions of VB and Jones.  Hill fumbling the ball cost us the game.

The "illegal" hit by Burfict would have been nullified by Porter being on the field, had the ref thrown the flag as soon as he saw the coach in our huddle.  Of course had the refs called the "legal" hit against Shazier, then the Bengals would have had a 1st and goal and would have gotten a FG.
Reply/Quote
At least Tez play happened on an actual play but Pac needs to keep his cool. Anyways I am not going to pile on those two both guys played like all pros this season and helped make this team great.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:34 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ed Werder is a douche trying to get some publicity.  I don't believe this at all.  A steeler player, or coach (Porter), but not a Bengal.  

Marvin's team did an amazing job with a backup QB and what looked like a MASH unit secondary by games end. 

This one isn't on the coaches or players, it is on the officials.  Deny it all you want.  I was there and saw it all.  They had a very clear agenda.  

I can think of one player this game is on.

J. Hill
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:52 PM)Utts Wrote: Burfict turned that game around nearly by himself. He changes the entire defense by his presence.We're never back in that game without him.

Gio turned that game around getting blown up.

The ENTIRE team responded to that.  The Oline, Hill, the receivers, McCarron, defense, and special teams.  Burfict did nothing single handedly.
Reply/Quote
I guarantee Burfict and Jones would not be acting like this if Mike Zimmer were the Head Coach here. No Way! If only we had an opportunity to make him our HC......oh wait. Good call Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote