Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals please make History next Sunday against the Browns.
(01-01-2024, 03:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Still, some things to play for and some players may be trying to reach contract escalators.

Some things to play for:
Trey is battling to lead the league in sacks (BEAT TJ WATT)
Joe Mixon is 77 yards away from a 1,000-yard season
Tee needs 8 catches to break 50
Jake needs 220 passing yards to break 2,000

I can’t see Tee playing as he has been hurt and as much as i would like to see Trey lead the league in sacks, I am not sure I would play him and risk injury.

I think Trey will play but it would be a great time to get Murphy a bunch of snaps.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 03:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Still, some things to play for and some players may be trying to reach contract escalators.

Some things to play for:

and I'm sure Zac wants his 3 consecutive winning season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 03:56 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I can’t see Tee playing as he has been hurt and as much as i would like to see Trey lead the league in sacks, I am not sure I would play him and risk injury.  

I think Trey will play but it would be a great time to get Murphy a bunch of snaps.

(01-01-2024, 03:58 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: and I'm sure Zac wants his 3 consecutive winning season.

Both are solid points. Perhaps we'll give Murphy the bulk of the snap and bring Trey in on passing downs.

Jake could also end the season with a winning record.  

It also prevents us from going winless in the Division

I'll definitely be pulling for the boyz in stripes
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Some things to play for:

The Bengals will need to give the ball to Mixon 25-30 times to get his 1,000 yards.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 03:56 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I can’t see Tee playing as he has been hurt and as much as i would like to see Trey lead the league in sacks, I am not sure I would play him and risk injury.  

Down 37 with under 2 minutes to play and they lose their best dlineman....

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 02:01 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: So let me get this straight my Bengal Brothers, Do you prefer the Bengals go 8-9 instead of 9-8 ????

What matters is next year. I would treat Sunday as a pre season game and get a read on as many backups and practice squad players you can get on the game day roster to evaluate. I would also start focusing on the draft. This game is meaningless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 08:28 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: No Division in any sport has a record where all teams have an above .500 record.

If the Bengals win in the last game [exhibition game] of the season all four teams will finish above .500.

Above . 500, no - but there are two divisions where the last-place team finished . 500 exactly: In the 1991 AL West, the Angels finished last at 81–81, and in the 2005 NL East, the Nationals finished last at 81–81. library(Lahman)

(01-01-2024, 05:46 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: What matters is next year.  I would treat Sunday as a pre season game and get a read on as many backups and practice squad players you can get on the game day roster to evaluate.  I would also start focusing on the draft.  This game is meaningless

Isn't that what I said?? 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 05:46 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: What matters is next year.  I would treat Sunday as a pre season game and get a read on as many backups and practice squad players you can get on the game day roster to evaluate.  I would also start focusing on the draft.  This game is meaningless

Excellent take.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 03:36 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Angels are my baseball team and my 2nd favorite sports team after the Bengals. I really appreciate you bringing this up after the Bengals were eliminated yesterday.

I’m already down so you can stop kicking me now!

Yeah, outside of Joyner and Polonia, no one could really generate any offense.

Then the Von Hayes trade for '92 ended up being awful for both CAL and PHI (Kyle Abbott lost what, 16bganes for the Phils? Lol) and Joyner was traded away, so those 3 Lefties' stint with the team was really squandered.

Tim Salmon is one of my all-time favourite players, btw: love the guy

Hilarious that the only fish-named MLB players in the past 30 years have both been Angels outfielders that spent their whole careers with the team.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 08:28 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: No Division in any sport has a record where all teams have an above .500 record.

If the Bengals win in the last game [exhibition game] of the season all four teams will finish above .500.

Above . 500, no - but there are two divisions where the last-place team finished . 500 exactly: In the 1991 AL West, the Angels finished last at 81–81, and in the 2005 NL East, the Nationals finished last at 81–81. library(Lahman)

That would be cool man, hope we pull it out. Think we will.

I always like the fight in this team this time of year under Zac Taylor regardless of what other's say. The players fight hard under these coaches.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 09:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yeah, outside of Joyner and Polonia, no one could really generate any offense.

Then the Von Hayes trade for '92 ended up being awful for both CAL and PHI (Kyle Abbott lost what, 16bganes for the Phils? Lol) and Joyner was traded away, so those 3 Lefties' stint with the team was really squandered.

Tim Salmon is one of my all-time favourite players, btw: love the guy

Hilarious that the only fish-named MLB players in the past 30 years have both been Angels outfielders that spent their whole careers with the team.

Mike Carp

Sid Bream

Anthony Bass

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 05:31 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Down 37 with under 2 minutes to play and they lose their best dlineman....

That was devastating for Bradley and the Dolphins no doubt. Myles Murphy all day against the Browns please...
Reply/Quote

Some things to play for:

I don't think I'd risk Trey unless he was adamant about pursuing that. Murphy and the other youngsters need unleashed and tested with an extensive amount of reps.

I'd let Mixon play if he wanted. The man took a cut to help the team, so I'd at least give him that.

Tee had ONE game with 8 catches this year. It's not going to happen. Let this be the Yoshi/Sizzle show.

I'd start McCarron. His kids deserve to see him play the whole game in stripes, and I'd like to have a larger sample size to evaluate for next year. We need to know what we have, in case we get a proper offer for Browning.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 09:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Mike Carp

Sid Bream

Anthony Bass

I knew I was missing Bass, I was going to edit it and write, "Salmonoides."

And completely forgot about Carp, good catch.

Sid was out of the league 31 seasons ago Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope that they release Irv Smith, Jr. a week early to be able to get another practice squad player to evaluate on the roster. I'd like to see a lot of Shedrick Jackson, Charlie Jones, and see if Jaxon Kirkland has made some improvement with the amount of practice reps he's been getting.
Reply/Quote
Here is a list of seasons where all teams in a division finished at least .500 in the NFL.

1989 - AFC North
1999 - AFC East
2002 - AFC East, AFC West
2007 - AFC South, NFC East
2008 - NFC East, NFC South
2022 - NFC East

I am surprised it has happened that many times and mildly surprised that we haven't seen a team eke out an extra win to make it happen. Would be cool to see Cincinnati get it done.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 10:22 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I don't think I'd risk Trey unless he was adamant about pursuing that. Murphy and the other youngsters need unleashed and tested with an extensive amount of reps.

I'd let Mixon play if he wanted. The man took a cut to help the team, so I'd at least give him that.

Tee had ONE game with 8 catches this year. It's not going to happen. Let this be the Yoshi/Sizzle show.

I'd start McCarron. His kids deserve to see him play the whole game in stripes, and I'd like to have a larger sample size to evaluate for next year. We need to know what we have, in case we get a proper offer for Browning.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

Steelers play saturday so trey will know exactly where he stands and what's at stake before they take the field.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 12:31 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Here is a list of seasons where all teams in a division finished at least .500 in the NFL.

1989 - AFC North
1999 - AFC East
2002 - AFC East, AFC West
2007 - AFC South, NFC East
2008 - NFC East, NFC South
2022 - NFC East

I am surprised it has happened that many times and mildly surprised that we haven't seen a team eke out an extra win to make it happen. Would be cool to see Cincinnati get it done.

That's what I am talking about. History!!!

Bengals .....

[Image: get-er-done-ez863gig5ywsqndh.gif]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 09:49 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I knew I was missing Bass, I was going to edit it and write, "Salmonoides."

And completely forgot about Carp, good catch.

Sid was out of the league 31 seasons ago Wink

How about A.J. Pollock?
Reply/Quote

Some things to play for:

Check

Reply/Quote