Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals praised for RB moves
Bengals cut ties with Joe Mixon and brought in younger, more efficient Zack Moss. Some are upset as Mixon was a long time Bengal, but I think that they were smart to cut ties a season too early, rather than a season too late.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/zack-moss-praise-joe-mixon-trade?fbclid=IwAR3u-Slia_3EmHpoNSbhFKE_ccGY5YfwZphD7YTVpL_as67CgMCdlT9KiYc

Quote:CINCINNATI — The Bengals signed veteran running back Zack Moss to a two-year, $8 million contract earlier this month. They also traded Joe Mixon for a seventh-round pick.

ESPN's Seth Walder praised Cincinnati for revamping their running back room.

"From Cincinnati's perspective, I'm good with their running back changeup," Walder wrote. "They got a younger player (Zack Moss) for cheaper. Moss also ran more efficiently than Mixon in 2023 with 0.7 rush yards over expectation, per NFL Next Gen Stats, compared to Mixon's 0.0."

Moss will work with Chase Brown in the Bengals' backfield. They also re-signed Trayveon Williams and could add another running back in the 2024 NFL Draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Saw where JK Dobbins got medically cleared. Absolutely can't rely on him, but he would be an interesting league minimum (maybe with like $10-20k/active game bonus) guy for depth if we don't get a guy we like in the draft. The talent is absolutely there if he could ever stay healthy.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Our "Big Back' is currently Chase Brown 5'9" 215.

I hope we look at bringing in a short yardage back. Maybe someone like Kendall Milton in the later rounds or a Latavius Murray/Rashaad Penny if the draft don't fall our way
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I completely agree with their decision. And I hope they get another RB in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2024, 07:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Saw where JK Dobbins got medically cleared. Absolutely can't rely on him, but he would be an interesting league minimum (maybe with like $10-20k/active game bonus) guy for depth if we don't get a guy we like in the draft. The talent is absolutely there if he could ever stay healthy.

I'd like that, guy was a beast when he was healthy.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2024, 07:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Our "Big Back' is currently Chase Brown 5'9" 215.

I hope we look at bringing in a short yardage back. Maybe someone like Kendall Milton in the later rounds or a Latavius Murray/Rashaad Penny if the draft don't fall our way

I thought that was one of Moss's specialty?
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2024, 07:49 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I thought that was one of Moss's specialty?

Not sure how at 5'9" 205. 

Reply/Quote
Being a back that is effective inside and in short yardage is about balance and difficulty to tackle much more than pure size. And balance and being hard to tackle are Moss strong suits as a runner.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2024, 09:43 PM)Joelist Wrote: Being a back that is effective inside and in short yardage is about balance and difficulty to tackle much more than pure size. And balance and being hard to tackle are Moss strong suits as a runner.

Imma go out on a limb and suggest being "difficult to tackle" is a benefit for any RB; but when you are running head-on to a mass of 300 lb guys size matters.

F=ma

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2024, 07:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Our "Big Back' is currently Chase Brown 5'9" 215.

I am ok with this do not really want a big back. Rather have four smallish explosive backs.
Reply/Quote
Am fine with the revamped RB room as well, but do believe another will be added sometime in the draft,

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 12:17 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: I am ok with this do not really want a big back. Rather have four smallish explosive backs.

Could get the Fastest RB at the Combine who is also 6 foot tall and 221 pounds.

Isaac Guerendo (Louisville) ran a 4.33 forty at the Combine

In 2023, 132 carries for 810 yards 6.1 average rush 11TDs

22 catches for 234 yards 10.6 average catch

*Projected 4th or 5th round pick

Faster than Isiah Pacheco of the Chiefs who ran a 4.37 forty.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 11:31 AM)depthchart Wrote: Could get the Fastest RB at the Combine who is also 6 foot tall and 221 pounds.

I would be down for that!
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 11:31 AM)depthchart Wrote: Could get the Fastest RB at the Combine who is also 6 foot tall and 221 pounds.

I would love for the Bengals to pick up Guerendo, and make a couple of other backs dispensable in the process.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Mixon looks like one of those cuts that we could regret if he finds a resurgance in Houston.

I'm still all for it though. For one reason or another, Taylor/Pollack don't see any need to change their philosophies. Maybe if we stagnate with other players they'll finally get it.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2024, 07:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bengals cut ties with Joe Mixon and brought in younger, more efficient Zack Moss. Some are upset as Mixon was a long time Bengal, but I think that they were smart to cut ties a season too early, rather than a season too late.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/zack-moss-praise-joe-mixon-trade?fbclid=IwAR3u-Slia_3EmHpoNSbhFKE_ccGY5YfwZphD7YTVpL_as67CgMCdlT9KiYc

Understand the money savings for sure but we can debate an upgrade.. guess we will be able to judge how Mixon does with Texans and how Moss does with us this year.. to see if it was an upgrade
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 12:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Understand the money savings for sure but  we can debate an upgrade.. guess we will be able to judge how Mixon does with Texans and how Moss does with us this year.. to see if it was an upgrade

I think we upgraded. Moss is tough to bring down, where as Mixon always seem to come up short of the yardage needed. Moss also can cut without tripping over the grass.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 12:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Understand the money savings for sure but  we can debate an upgrade.. guess we will be able to judge how Mixon does with Texans and how Moss does with us this year.. to see if it was an upgrade

The Texans offense and the Bengals offense is apples and oranges. You can compare what Moss does in the offense to what Mixon was able to accomplish in the Bengals offense but that's all, and even that is suspect because gameplans and schemes change from opponent to opponent. 

What Mixon does in Houston's offense is irrelevant to the equation.    
Reply/Quote

Kareem Hunt may be the best short yardage TD back in the NFL. He is also a great 3rd down back. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

One of my favorite Cards !  Yet do not see him making it to 4th or 5th round after he blew up at combine. Last year I believe there was RB's the Bengals wanted but tried to wait and teams jumped up and took them early. Dude gets North and South quickly and bee lines straight for end zone without any wasted movement. 

Better jump in 3rd to have a chance and won't be surprised if someone else already has jumped by then imo. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote