Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals praised for RB moves
I will miss Mixon's leadership receiving ability sometimes clutch performances and his nose for the endzone. What I won't miss is his blitz pickup worst RB we ever had with that.
Reply/Quote
Mixon was one of the worst backs in the league the last couple of seasons at YAC and ease of going down (yards over expected). Moss was upper tier in those same areas and excels in the very balance and hard to tackle areas Mixon was struggling with. Moss is also a better system fit as Mixon really wants to be in a wide zone offense a la Todd Gurley as opposed to a power gap scheme like the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 03:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: Mixon was one of the worst backs in the league the last couple of seasons at YAC and ease of going down (yards over expected). Moss was upper tier in those same areas and excels in the very balance and hard to tackle areas Mixon was struggling with. Moss is also a better system fit as Mixon really wants to be in a wide zone offense a la Todd Gurley as opposed to a power gap scheme like the Bengals.

Why?? Whenever the Bengals ran that stretch play, he was always so indecisive and failed to pick a hole and go with it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2024, 07:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bengals cut ties with Joe Mixon and brought in younger, more efficient Zack Moss. Some are upset as Mixon was a long time Bengal, but I think that they were smart to cut ties a season too early, rather than a season too late.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/zack-moss-praise-joe-mixon-trade?fbclid=IwAR3u-Slia_3EmHpoNSbhFKE_ccGY5YfwZphD7YTVpL_as67CgMCdlT9KiYc

Love the Zack Moss addition myself. Best Shotgun RB last season so he fits like a glove, runs well out of the Shotgun and pass protects
well and is harder to tackle than Mixon and the turf monster isn't always getting him. Need to add a RB or two in the Draft though, as 
much as I like Trayveon as a ST'er he hasn't been anything special as a RB. Evans has some weird thing between his ears or something.

Braelon Allen, Trey Benson, Jonathan Brooks, Isaac Guerrendo, Tyrone Tracy, Kamani Vidal...

There are lots of RB's in this Draft that could really push us over the top with our running game.

BTW, I think Mixon will do well in Houston with their Offensive scheme while Moss will thrive in ours, great for all sides.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 03:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why?? Whenever the Bengals ran that stretch play, he was always so indecisive and failed to pick a hole and go with it.

It puzzles me too. Maybe he's just in love with getting to the edge and turning it because he does indeed go right past holes trying to gain the corner. 
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love the Zack Moss addition myself. Best Shotgun RB last season so he fits like a glove, runs well out of the Shotgun and pass protects
well and is harder to tackle than Mixon and the turf monster isn't always getting him. Need to add a RB or two in the Draft though, as 
much as I like Trayveon as a ST'er he hasn't been anything special as a RB. Evans has some weird thing between his ears or something.

Braelon Allen, Trey Benson, Jonathan Brooks, Isaac Guerrendo, Tyrone Tracy, Kamani Vidal...

There are lots of RB's in this Draft that could really push us over the top with our running game.

BTW, I think Mixon will do well in Houston with their Offensive scheme while Moss will thrive in ours, great for all sides.
I still have a funny feeling we go Audric Estime with that 3rd round comp pick. 
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 04:00 PM)Joelist Wrote: I still have a funny feeling we go Audric Estime with that 3rd round comp pick. 

Another good one, yeah, I could see that with Estime, he sure runs hard and fits the short yardage pounding type of back we need.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 12:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Understand the money savings for sure but  we can debate an upgrade.. guess we will be able to judge how Mixon does with Texans and how Moss does with us this year.. to see if it was an upgrade

It appears that Moss chose to come play for the Bengals over the Cowboys.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/zack-moss-shares-what-made-him-choose-the-bengals-over-the-cowboys-in-free-agency/ar-BB1kTpRA?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=28aae099e95545b58a06f01eabc7175c&ei=15

Quote:The Cincinnati Bengals have brought in numerous new guys during the free agency period.

They’ve signed Geno Stone, Sheldon Rankins, Mike Gesicki, Vonn Bell, Trent Brown, and Zack Moss since free agency opened up.

Moss recently chatted with Kay Adams on Up and Adams to share what attracted him most to the city of Cincinnati and playing for the Bengals.

Moss revealed he was deciding between the Bengals and Dallas Cowboys prior to signing in Cincinnati. Here’s why Cincinnati was his choice:

“From the structure of the offense and how the offense is played, and kind of the scheme of the offense and what they want to do. It’s a lot of shotgun offense, a lot of inside zone gap scheme runs and things of that nature,” Moss said.
Moss is a talented runner and a strong pass-blocker.

The Bengals will rely on his pass-blocking to give Burrow as much time as possible in the pocket next season.

Getting to play with Burrow and a loaded offense was a big attraction for Miss to choose the Bengals.

“It’s hard to turn down a guy like Burrow...guys like (Ja’Marr) Chase and (Tee) Higgins and just all the talent on both sides of the ball,” said Moss. “It’s so much space. That really intrigued me. Being able to play in a box when you only got six guys, maybe seven, and if there’s seven, it’s kind of gonna be real hard for them defend the pass game. So it’s just something that I was like very, very intrigued about and super excited to be a Bengal.”

The Bengals have a new weapon in Cincinnati with Zack Moss, and he brings some new excitement to the offense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love the Zack Moss addition myself. Best Shotgun RB last season so he fits like a glove, runs well out of the Shotgun and pass protects

I think some of the staff met with Benson. I read that he was a possible consideration in the middle rounds. 
Reply/Quote
We also met with Estime. In fact I think we attended his pro day.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-paying-close-attention-to-audric-estime-at-notre-dame-pro-day
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 05:34 PM)Joelist Wrote: We also met with Estime. In fact I think we attended his pro day.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-paying-close-attention-to-audric-estime-at-notre-dame-pro-day
Not a flashy back, but always seemed to be going forward with a lot of defenders on top of him..

Btw those ON shoes were kool!
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 05:29 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I think some of the staff met with Benson. I read that he was a possible consideration in the middle rounds. 

Bring him in and give him Trayveon's number so we can have another Benson #32 that can punish people...

But this time with great speed.
Reply/Quote