Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals predicted to win most games
(07-10-2023, 03:10 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Respectfully they do look at the film exhaustively. Their jobs are on the line. Their responsibility to the team to win is foremost. Yet they didn’t draft Charbonett or aggressively try to keep Samaje. They didn’t trade for anyone or go get one in FA? Mixon with all his off the field issues could have been waived. They could have saved a bunch of money.

So why is he still here?

I get it. But we've all watched Gio and Perine star when starting in place of Mixon behind these lines.

So why is he still here?

I think maybe they thought they had Perine and when he snubbed them they hoped to look towards the draft, and by the time they picked in the 2nd all the top backs capable of replacing Mixon were gone. I think Gibbs was on their radar, and Charbonet was probably the last of the potential Mixon replacements.

They've cleaned up their love for Mixon after the draft, but before the draft.... The tension was thick. Check the FO (Katie) and Coaches responses to the Mixon questions then compared to now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2023, 09:38 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Pro Football Focus released its latest 2023 season simulation and has the Bengals finishing with the most wins this season.

PFF’s latest simulation has Cincinnati earning a league-high 11.36 wins and drafting 32nd overall.

This simulation was only for the regular season.

Of course, the Chiefs finished right behind the Bengals with 11.17 wins, and they are the only two teams in the simulation to reach over 11 wins in 2023.

That’s crazy with Joe Mixon at RB Wink. Seems low for us and KC

Not really a surprise, I think most are expecting a big year from the Bengals even our most hated rivals. Only complete stealer 
tool fans expect us to go back to the olden days. Too bad for them, it is the Golden Days for the Bengals as long as Joe Burrow 
is here. On Mixon, you know how I feel about the guy Sooner. I thought last year he was going to breakout behind the new OL 
and he did (for 1 game).  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2023, 04:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: I get it. But we've all watched Gio and Perine star when starting in place of Mixon behind these lines.

So why is he still here?

I think maybe they thought they had Perine and when he snubbed them they hoped to look towards the draft, and by the time they picked in the 2nd all the top backs capable of replacing Mixon were gone. I think Gibbs was on their radar, and Charbonet was probably the last of the potential Mixon replacements.

They've cleaned up their love for Mixon after the draft, but before the draft.... The tension was thick. Check the FO (Katie) and Coaches responses to the Mixon questions then compared to now.

Poor vision and inability to break tackles with his poor balance is why Mixon didn't do as well as those guys.

As much as we are talking about Trayveon Williams in this thread I think he would of shown more than he has in his 5 years to 
be the guy. Chase Brown on the other hand who has good vision, balance, hands and is a willing blocker could star behind this 
new OL and it wouldn't surprise me. The only concern with Brown is ball security from college, one thing Mixon has on Brown.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2023, 04:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Poor vision and inability to break tackles with his poor balance is why Mixon didn't do as well as those guys.

As much as we are talking about Trayveon Williams in this thread I think he would of shown more than he has in his 5 years to 
be the guy. Chase Brown on the other hand who has good vision, balance, hands and is a willing blocker could star behind this 
new OL and it wouldn't surprise me. The only concern with Brown is ball security from college, one thing Mixon has on Brown.

Trayveon is here for special teams. Same as it ever was.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2023, 08:16 PM)jason Wrote: Trayveon is here for special teams. Same as it ever was.

Trayveon will be the third down back but to a lesser extent than Perine
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(07-10-2023, 10:46 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: IYO, is this worth trading for production? Ideally, we want both, and since we are a pass-first team now, maybe we overlook the fact he only had 1 game over 100+ yds rushing and 5 games under 30 yards rushing last year? With these stats, I could see him having more benefits in a FB role. If he's that abusive, but his YPC at 3.9 in 22, this makes more sense to me. Use more of a lead blocker role. But I guess not if that's not in the Bengals' offense. 

Come on Harley. Solomon and Zac have effusive praise for Mixon. Just ignore his pedestrian numbers. As long as he gets 300+ carries this year, he should break 1.1k yards.

Effusive praise is way more legit than actual production. 

I actually like Mixon. I just wish he could run for more than 4 yards a pop consistently, with all that physicality that he has. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2023, 03:18 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: ESPN ranks us with 5th best roster. 1. KC 2. Philly 3. Bills 4. Dolphins

5. Cincinnati Bengals
Strongest unit: Wide receiver. The Bengals' wideouts paced the NFL in receiving touchdowns (25) last season, despite superstar duo Ja'Marr Chase and Tee Higgins both missing substantial game action (not to mention that the Bengals played only 16 games).
Chase, 23, and Higgins, 24, are early in their prime and form the league's best WR duo, whereas veteran Tyler Boyd remains one of the NFL's top slot receivers.
-- Clay
Weakest unit: Safety. Cincinnati's safety position is in transition after Jessie Bates III and Vonn Bell departed during free agency. The succession plan will include 2022 No. 31 pick Dax Hill (141 snaps), ex-Rams starter Nick Scott and third-round rookie
Jordan Battle. The future might be bright, but some development will be required. -- Clay
X factor for 2023: RT Jonah Williams. According to ESPN Analytics research, his 84% pass block win rate last season ranked 55th out of 64 tackles, and he has never posted an average PBWR for a tackle. Williams is on the right side now, but unless he improves on his past performance, he's still a weakness in quarterback
Joe Burrow's protection. -- Walder

Nonstarter to know: RB Chase Brown. I'm keeping an eye on Brown, a fifth-round pick who forced 73
missed tackles (fourth-most in FBS) last season at
Illinois, because Joe Mixon averaged between minus
-0.2 and 0.2 rush yards over expectation per carry in the past four seasons. Brown is cheaper and could be
Mixon's successor. -- Walder

Did you forget to take this part out?  Confused

[Image: talladega-nights.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Just hope Mixon does not get Burrow injured per his poor blocking.

Sure he will run ok knowing he may be auditioning for a new team or to stay with Bengals next year.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 11:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Did you forget to take this part out?  Confused

[Image: talladega-nights.gif]

Didn’t read that one seriously. But learned today they are going to give him some serious opportunities. Edit: Oh I did read but blocked it out lol
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Winning the most ost games would be cool, but mainly just want to see Bengals win the last game by any NFL team this year.

Time to bring home the Hardware.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2023, 08:16 PM)jason Wrote: Trayveon is here for special teams. Same as it ever was.

I think so too, but he did show he is willing to block last year the little he was put in there on passing downs, unlike Mixon.

(07-10-2023, 08:23 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Trayveon will be the third down back but to a lesser extent than Perine

Think so too early. Chase Brown as any rookie will take a bit to bring into the Offense.

(07-11-2023, 10:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Come on Harley. Solomon and Zac have effusive praise for Mixon. Just ignore his pedestrian numbers. As long as he gets 300+ carries this year, he should break 1.1k yards.

Effusive praise is way more legit than actual production. 

I actually like Mixon. I just wish he could run for more than 4 yards a pop consistently, with all that physicality that he has. 

What is wild about Mixon is he has a lot of the physical tools, but his vision and balance are just very poor. He will punish a Secondary 
player on the sideline with his physicality but he forgets instead of just putting his shoulder down on him he could run him over at times 
or just jump over him. He has these abilities, he just chooses to go down or just doesn't have the balance to extend runs.

Weird, I still remember that pass on the sideline when he was a rookie or a sophomore where he caught the ball on the sideline, put on 
a wicked spin move and made everyone silly in getting into the end zone. Thought we would of seen a lot of that last year, but nay....
Reply/Quote