Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals preparation article
Hope posting an article is not against the rules. Pretty good article about the Bengals and how they prepare defensively on a weekly basis just from a red zone perspective that most all of us never to get hear about. Lots of things these players do on their own on top of the incredible amount of hours they/coaches prepare. Also, it shows the amount of leadership provided by Bates and Bell.

Not a knock but I think most people believe the weekly schedule is pretty benign with an off day/ recovery day, a film session day, implementing a game plan, a walk thru, etc.

http://links-em.daytondailynews.com/u/click?_t=99f77091ca1f4a52beb025a514840f69&_m=0fa5d6ee85f04308b6091e3e2753c58b&_e=TJ4FAK38hToFCwly3FJs4ZYICfTu4NF5G5gKo9899qfcb7nfcPccDqg1dxLYHcSfaJHCsBr-OaECfL3w7MWzlf35VQSEMNRscMW11DhVKSvpaczWnAn8SMRfVWOvgZg_OcdL62xd3XoB0qhMhT_Bk9hx_0vwmjSkzhHtNvGRguoxnwZrmgV92Trd1z5fgI_Od9CxW9d7zWJye2ukUNA9oMPrVd0qFLsb9cc2kfT-sQqpsJS0_sM6eBc3yTAxmhdoyrAuD03aiyh-gHLQ2T_Tm1Jx2DqMFXeb28IiBJiuLm0hJOdyhqpxOBKOu0dpf712lhb18Sz9afohS53sGYDN-PC37QKWkRscMGhj8Aix548Uqe1wII2mFAkyuwTqs5Vl7RGuflF2VbDPgGmU6esR0K9ti1c8v6QKuk0M0mwYG1FlvdA4RhsukDM8ATzPdf1KfQRbaOlp5ZH87c-deMxKfw%3D%3D
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I like the preparation moves. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 05:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like the preparation moves. ThumbsUp

Same here. Not supposed to be a lot of wind gusts on Sunday, but never know what the forecast will be by Sunday.

Bengals were doing pretty well with the silent cadence this year, but now need to integrate new lineman. Hope not to see a lot of false starts.

And hope the Bills don't do what they were alleged to do to the Patriots a few years back, playing that train horn when the Patriots were running a hurry-up offense.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 05:45 PM)Nepa Wrote: Same here.

Bengals were doing pretty well with the silent cadence this year, but now need to integrate new lineman. Hope not to see a lot of false starts.

And hope the Bills don't do what they were alleged to do to the Patriots a few years back, playing that train horn when the Patriots were running a hurry-up offense.

Certainly helps that Ted is still healthy as he is our most important piece on the OL and I am sure they are working really hard 
this week making the new guys comfortable. Short turn around but this isn't the Ravens Defense and Carman wasn't terrible in 
that game so that is encouraging. Didn't know that with the train horn against the Pats. Is that legal?
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 05:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Certainly helps that Ted is still healthy as he is our most important piece on the OL and I am sure they are working really hard 
this week making the new guys comfortable. Short turn around but this isn't the Ravens Defense and Carman wasn't terrible in 
that game so that is encouraging. Didn't know that with the train horn against the Pats. Is that legal?

Not supposed to play the train horn once the huddle is broken and players are at the line. It was alleged they did so in a game against the Patriots, but I don't know if that was ever confirmed. But some Bills fans like it because they say it disrupts the offense.

But I expect the Bengals are prepared for everything at this point. They held up very well in KC last year; there weren't any false starts or delays of game at all on the part of the Bengals. There were two offensive holding penalties. The Bengals had more penalties than the Chiefs (6 to 4, 65 yards to 35 yards), but only two on the offensive line. I expect them to be as well prepared this year in Buffalo.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 05:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Certainly helps that Ted is still healthy as he is our most important piece on the OL and I am sure they are working really hard 

Ya know, one thing I never really thought about before was that Ted Karras has so much experience playing against the Bills and in Buffalo specifically given he played with the Patriots.
That experience is going to be valuable going into this game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hear Burrow is preparing by putting the below video on repeat:

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 06:21 PM)Nepa Wrote: Not supposed to play the train horn once the huddle is broken and players are at the line. It was alleged they did so in a game against the Patriots, but I don't know if that was ever confirmed. But some Bills fans like it because they say it disrupts the offense.

But I expect the Bengals are prepared for everything at this point. They held up very well in KC last year; there weren't any false starts or delays of game at all on the part of the Bengals. There were two offensive holding penalties. The Bengals had more penalties than the Chiefs (6 to 4, 65 yards to 35 yards), but only two on the offensive line. I expect them to be as well prepared this year in Buffalo.

Thanks Nepa, never heard that before. I also expect our OL to be well prepared in this game with Ted at the helm.

NEXT MAN UP!!!

(01-19-2023, 06:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ya know, one thing I never really thought about before was that Ted Karras has so much experience playing against the Bills and in Buffalo specifically given he played with the Patriots.
That experience is going to be valuable going into this game.

For sure, Ted knows what it's like playing there more than about anybody. He is such a great pick up for us I cannot say it enough.
Reply/Quote