Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals primed and ready for a huge win streak
(10-27-2016, 02:33 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Eifert needs to play 100% snaps.

I thikn the stars on our team make our coaching look good (i.e. AJ Green and A.D.). We need a Lebron james out there, someone whose play solely causes the coach to win an award, lol.

All we need is one of the 3-4 greatest players in history?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
This season my theme has been..."expect the worst, but hope for the best"... I'll be hoping for the best Sunday. Who-dey?

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 07:30 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: This season my theme has been..."expect the worst, but hope for the best"... 

That's how I felt tuning it to watch just about every game in the '90s.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 04:00 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This game gives the Bengals another opportunity to to do something that they've failed at in 4 tries so far this season...beat a team with winning record. Getting that goose egg out of the way would be a good start towards potentially stringing some wins together.

These last 9 games look a bit more favorable than the 1st 7. They have to be able to make some real noise down the stretch, needing 6-3 to get to 9 wins, and 7-2 to get to 10. With the way the division looks currently, they are certainly in contention for both a division title...assuming they can take advantage of the schedule over the last couple of months.

Good stuff Holic and reps for the stream last week man. Really appreciate it.
Reply/Quote
I am going to be bold and predict the Bengals will win 7 of the last nine games, going 10-6 and winning the division.  I think they will lose against Bills and Texans.  The running game is back and this will make Dalton and offense more unpredictable. 

I am just worried about the defense, especially at Line-backer. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 12:40 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am going to be bold and predict the Bengals will win 7 of the last nine games, going 10-6 and winning the division.  I think they will lose against Bills and Texans.  The running game is back and this will make Dalton and offense more unpredictable. 

Hopefully Burfict gets in shape and both him and Haslett get them all lined up in the right positions more often.

When you are playing out of position you don't have a chance and this has been the case at LB.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 12:40 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am going to be bold and predict the Bengals will win 7 of the last nine games, going 10-6 and winning the division.  I think they will lose against Bills and Texans.  The running game is back and this will make Dalton and offense more unpredictable. 

I honestly think that 10-6 is still our floor. If this team was still playing like it was against the Jets or had more games like against the Cowboys I would agree with you that it would be bold to predict that. I have seen improvement in this team almost every week. The Dallas game was the only game that I seen a big regression, and I honestly think that they are the worst match-up for us in the NFL. I think this offense is going to start clicking. The OL has been playing better the last few weeks and we are getting Eifert back too. The defense is still a question mark, but it's no where close to how bad as some people are acting. If we can clean some things up the defense can be really tough. It's just weak in a few area's and teams are exploiting that. The Redskins actually have a pretty good offense, so I think it will tell us a lot about the defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 10:48 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Been saying the same thing. I actually still think we make the playoffs, just have very little faith we do anything once there again. 

We've always gone into the playoffs with higher expectations. Maybe going in with "no hope" and the team playing with the "us against the world" under dog mentality is what allows them to "surprise" and break the streak. 
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 11:46 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hate when people start doing things like that to rationalize. Everyone has missing people.

The Patriots were missing Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski.
The Steelers were missing Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant (and now Ben Roethlisberger).
The Cowboys were missing Tony Romo and Dez Bryant.
The Browns were missing their first 4 (then 5) QBs and Joe Hayden.
The Dolphins were missing Arian Foster and Mike Pouncey.

You can't just say "If they had these people healthy/available, they would have a better record!" because then every other team can say that too.

Agreed.  The Bengals are fresh off another "We woulda won if we had our starting QB" season and now we HAVE our starting QB and we are coming up with reasons we "woulda won" this year.  It's the way it goes.  If your whole team drops dead the rest of the NFL isn't going to just stop playing and put a giant asterisk by everything.

Honestly, if we're going to complain about our injuries we may as well not complain when people start saying the only reason the Bengals made the playoffs this year is because Pig Ben got hurt, etc.

(10-29-2016, 11:46 AM)Beaker Wrote: We've always gone into the playoffs with higher expectations. Maybe going in with "no hope" and the team playing with the "us against the world" under dog mentality is what allows them to "surprise" and break the streak. 

Meh, if hopelessness and no one believing in you made you play better the Browns would be an unstoppable force.  I think the winners are usually the teams that people actually tend to believe in, go figure. The Bengals have threatened to be playoff-relevant 0 times in a quarter of a century, so I'm not sure where the notion that we are failing because we are expect to succeed comes into play. This group has lost 5 in a row, so I'm not expecting us to be SB favorites unless something drastic happens in the second half of the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2016, 11:46 AM)Beaker Wrote: We've always gone into the playoffs with higher expectations. Maybe going in with "no hope" and the team playing with the "us against the world" under dog mentality is what allows them to "surprise" and break the streak. 

Pretty sure they already tried that... twice. It was called 2009 and 2011. Didn't change much, Beaker. Marvin Teams still Marvin'd.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
One game at a time. Watch the games, enjoy them, hope things break right for us. Tomorrow morning is a tough challenge in a season full of them. Coming off the bye to a night game at the Giants will be a challenge. The Bills will be a Challenge. Going to Baltimore will be a challenge. Philadelphia will especially be a challenge.

See? I'm even doing it. One game at a time is hard to live by, but we should focus on it.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 10:13 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I know a lot of you guys were really down on this team after the 2-4 start. I lost a lot of hope in this team after the Dallas game, but since then I have watched Dallas more and I realize that they are the worst matchup in the league for us. This team is a lot better than what people think right now. Especially for non-Bengals fans. They just look and see we went 2-4 and just beat the Browns. They don't realize that we had the toughest schedule in the league our first 6 games. If you look at our losses you can see that we lost to the best teams in the league at their house. We didn't have all of our key players (Eifert was out all of the games and Burfict was out 2).

This team is flying way under the radar and they're about to surprise a lot of people. With a healthy Eifert back and a improving OL our offense can be as potent as it was last year. Bodine has been playing a lot better and they are starting to bench Ced. The playcalling still needs to improve, but I doubt that it won't improve as the season goes on.

The defense has been the biggest question mark for me. We haven't been getting to the QB as much as we should. The run defense is pretty damn bad right now too. I actually think our secondary hasn't been doing that bad other than a few plays. I think of the defensive line starts playing like I know they can we will have a tough defense. Hell, we would be a shit ton better in the games we played if we reduced the penalties we have been having. Those have extended drives and cost us a ton of points. I don't think that we have the defense that everyone is used from these past few years, but their still a good group.

All in all I think we will go on a rampage winning most if not all the remaining games on this schedule. I wouldn't be surprised if we won the last 10 games in the schedule. My biggest concern is what we will do in the playoffs.

I'd really like us to put up back-to-back wins before we start talking about a streak. The teams has yet to win even one game against a team with a winning record.

Tomorrow could provide us with both, but something has to improve this week or that's just a pipe dream.

Reply/Quote
At least someone has faith in this team in making the playoffs. I'm like the Japanese groundskeeper guys in Major League until they actually get there though.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
We have been playing better and better every game and we normally play very well in the back half of the season. Since 2012 we are 19-8 in the 2nd half of the season with Dalton. This is just what the team does every year. They will get everyone's hopes up going into the playoffs. With Dalton playing like an elite QB that gives me hope that we can win in the playoffs, but we still have Lewis so it wouldn't surprise me if we flop again.

I have watched this team for too long not to see all the signs that this will happen. I'm very certain that we will end the season with a good record.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2016, 04:48 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: One game at a time. Watch the games, enjoy them, hope things break right for us. Tomorrow morning is a tough challenge in a season full of them. Coming off the bye to a night game at the Giants will be a challenge. The Bills will be a Challenge. Going to Baltimore will be a challenge. Philadelphia will especially be a challenge.

See? I'm even doing it. One game at a time is hard to live by, but we should focus on it.

I get we don't want the team to be looking ahead.  You never want them to do that.  But, if we as fans look ahead, what's the harm? It's a message board, so we can talk about the home game we have against Baltimore January 1, speculate on wins and losses that we'll have between now and then, and I promise it would have zero effect on any game outcome.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote