Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals prospects visits
(04-12-2019, 09:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd really like to see Jonah Williams, Jawaan Taylor, or even Andre Dillard brought in for a visit. Fingers crossed it happens next week.

I'm really starting to think their priorities are not taking a T with the first pick. I'd probably rank our first pick something like this:

LB
pass rush DE/DT
TE
QB
OL

Second round that changes, but with our first pick, I don't think they'll target a T.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 10:33 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I'm really starting to think their priorities are not taking a T with the first pick. I'd probably rank our first pick something like this:

LB
pass rush DE/DT
TE
QB
OL

Second round that changes, but with our first pick, I don't think they'll target a T.

They did bring Ford in though which I thought was interesting. I wonder if Ford is more of an option in a trade back. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 10:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: They did bring Ford in though which I thought was interesting. I wonder if Ford is more of an option in a trade back. 

Yeah that's what I think to, especially with all the other o-lineman they've had visited. I think it all depends on the surprise picks above us. If Lock, Grier, etc go in top 10, I think that changes things as well.  
Reply/Quote
Also would really like Ford at 11. O-line man, O-line.

There are good LB'ers we can get later, they met with Coney who i also like. Pratt, Long or Coney would be great after the first.
Reply/Quote
We have worked out OT Brian Wallace from Arkansas, think it may have been at Arkansas though. Before anyone panics, it is common to do private workouts with potential priority free agents to get a feel for them.
Reply/Quote
OT Andre Dillard has worked out/and or visited the Bengals already per Schefter.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 12:02 PM)Au165 Wrote: OT Andre Dillard has worked out/and or visited the Bengals already per Schefter.

Interesting. Due diligence in case they're able to trade back?
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 10:33 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I'm really starting to think their priorities are not taking a T with the first pick. I'd probably rank our first pick something like this:

LB
pass rush DE/DT
TE
QB
OL

Since we kind of know that they typically take whomever is highest on their big board (at least in the 1st round), it might be easier to predict what their big board will look like.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 12:07 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Interesting. Due diligence in case they're able to trade back?

I think the only way we go tackle at this point is off a trade back. It just feels like there will be plenty of options between 11-24 where as if we pass on LB at 11 not much else. I think the general feeling is if both backers are gone at 11, which is possible, we may move back in hopes of one of these tackles plus picks. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 12:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Since we kind of know that they typically take whomever is highest on their big board (at least in the 1st round), it might be easier to predict what their big board will look like.

What would your big board look like?
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 12:33 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: What would your big board look like?

Let's see, my top 10 is...
Quinnen Williams
Nick Bosa
Josh Allen
Ed Oliver
Jonah Williams
Devin White
Kyler Murray
Montez Sweat
Jawaan Taylor
Dwayne Haskins
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 11:36 AM)Au165 Wrote: We have worked out OT Brian Wallace from Arkansas, think it may have been at Arkansas though. Before anyone panics, it is common to do private workouts with potential priority free agents to get a feel for them.

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline passes along that the New York Giants, New York Jets, Green Bay Packers and San Francisco 49ers are teams that have shown interest in Arkansas T Brian Wallace.

Wonder why he didn't have Bengals on that list?
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2019, 04:29 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline passes along that the New York Giants, New York Jets, Green Bay Packers and San Francisco 49ers are teams that have shown interest in Arkansas T Brian Wallace.

Wonder why he didn't have Bengals on that list?

My guess is when the agent was feeding him the information he just rattled off a bunch of names. 
Reply/Quote
Some here will like this...

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2019, 12:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: Some here will like this...

Wow, so they are bringing in the beef right before the draft. I like it. 
Reply/Quote

I do like that!  And even if they don't take one of the top tackles, it's nice to know that they took a closer look at them, and didn't simply dismiss the position, due to signing Bobby Hart and having Cordy Glenn on the roster.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I like that they are doing their homework on the offensive and defensive lines. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Ian Rappaport is reporting we have done some work on Qb's but only Ryan Finley of NC State and now Jake Dolegala of Connecticut state have been in for visits. Looks to me we aren't most likely going QB. There are a lot of players that get drafted without coming in for visits, QB is normally not one of them.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 04:23 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: A little disappointing only 3 Oline prospects on that list and only RT’s.

they can only have 25 of these meetings....
Reply/Quote

Absolutely like that, means we atleast have interest in the position as we should have.

To act like Hart is the answer would be dumb to say the least.
Reply/Quote