Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals rank 13th in "defensive triplets"
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16392514/bill-barnwell-ranks-nfl-defensive-triplets-all-32-teams-seattle-seahawks-denver-broncos-top-list

Quote:"As is the case with the Vikings, the Bengals have a very good defense that benefits from a remarkable amount of depth. The long-awaited breakout season finally came for Dunlap, who hinted at a huge campaign when he finished second in the league in quarterback knockdowns in 2014 with 28, trailing only Watt. Dunlap promptly posted 13.5 sacks last season while jumping to 34 knockdowns. Atkins chipped in with 11 sacks from the interior, finally looking recovered from his torn ACL. The only other team in the league to see two players produce 10 sacks or more was Houston, and it has Watt."

Personally I think it's hilarious they rank the Bengals that low. I don't know why they don't put Burfict as one of our triplets either. He might be our best defensive player, but they don't even want to mention him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Crappy list, but it's ESPN, so what should I have expected?

Dunlap had the sacks last year, but the top three are still Atkins, Burfict, A Jones.

The teams directly ahead of the Bengals? GB with Matthews/Shields/(who?) Daniels... and MIA with Suh (Atkins is better)/R Jones/(34-year-old-torn-achilles) Wake.... neither of those lists could hang with the Bengals, yet they are somehow ranked ahead.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Complete BS list. To not even mention Burfict or Adam Jones shows you the bias here.

Should be top 5 easy.

Another insult, just like Geno being ranked 29th in the top 100. Only Watt on the DL disrupts Offenses more than Geno.
Reply/Quote
I would have us past Detriot at 8.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 02:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would have us past Detriot at 8.

Name a better DT than Geno...

Sure, Keuchly is better than Burfict in the pass but not against the run...

Adam was one of the best Corners in football last year and is arguably the best Returner when he gets a chance...

Dunlap had 13.5 sacks last year and could of had 20...
Reply/Quote
They put Iloka ahead of Vontaz. That's strange.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Geeez Louise.. They have to just make up some bogus list of the top whatever, but that's not good enough so now come up with the mythical triplets list.
I just can't wait for the next big list, the top list of guys who replace toilet paper rolls in the locker rooms.
I realize everyone is eager for the season to start again, but enough with the made up lists made up by 'writers' with nothing better to do than spout their half assed lists.. How does one go about getting paid to do this nonsense? I'm absolutely certain that I could make up lists of crap that ranks right up there with the top 10 toilet paper embossing patterns.. I noticed White Cloud's pattern is pretty lame..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If Carolina could have two LBs and a DT, then the Bengals should be allowed to have a DT, DE, and a LB.

Replace Iloka with Burfict and the Bengal's triplets of Atkins, Dunlap, and Burfict are as good as any in the league.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2016, 01:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Complete BS list. To not even mention Burfict or Adam Jones shows you the bias here.

Should be top 5 easy.

Another insult, just like Geno being ranked 29th in the top 100. Only Watt on the DL disrupts Offenses more than Geno.

Good  point....Aaron Donald is a hell of a young DT, but he shouldn't come out ahead of Geno.  I haven't watched the Top 100 enough to know where he came in, but Geno is probably the most underrated player on that list.  
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2016, 07:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good  point....Aaron Donald is a hell of a young DT, but he shouldn't come out ahead of Geno.  I haven't watched the Top 100 enough to know where he came in, but Geno is probably the most underrated player on that list.  

All true. Donald is damn good alright but he isn't as good as Geno yet...

Wonder where they will have Watt. I think Geno should be right behind him.
Reply/Quote
Will be #1 in January!

Reply/Quote
Top 10 for sure.

Reply/Quote