Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals ranked 31st in NFL uniform ranks by Uni Watch
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12913780/uni-watch-power-rankings-nfl-best-worst-uniforms

Bengals ranked only above the Jags with the following reasoning:
Quote:There's a fine line between uniform and costume, and the Bengals have been on the wrong side of it for years now. The striped panel on the pants even looks like a tail. Unfortunately for them, Halloween doesn't fall on a Sunday this year.
I'm pretty sure that they just copied the same thing they wrote last year and pasted it in for this year's "analysis".

I don't get the infatuation with uniforms like the Steelers (ranked 1st). They are plain and boring. Having a logo on one side of the helmet and not the other is asymmetrical. Whereas the Bengals are criticized for their uniforms being more of a costume for Halloween (the black and orange being a big association of that)...but that's what a Bengal tiger's colors are, so what are the Bengals supposed to use?

It seems that if the Bengals are to climb any kind of uniform rankings, they will have to get rid of any accent colors or patterns on their uniforms and have just one solid primary color on their jerseys and pants.

Your thoughts on the above rankings?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Awful click bait article designed to trump up his silly "Uniwatch" crap.
Reply/Quote
I don't understand why it seems to be the consensus of fans and the media that we have terrible uniforms and that teams with completely plain unis are so great.

I really don't get it. There are teams like the Bills with that awful blue/red color clashing going on, the Steelers, Colts, Chiefs, and the list really goes on for super boring, plain uniforms. I think the green/yellow of the Packers is hideous, yet it's called "the perfect autumnal color scheme"???

Personally, I like the Bengals, Bucs, Panthers, and Seahawks. Funny that my favorites are out of the top 20 LOL
Reply/Quote
Any uniform list that doesn't have the Browns in last place, is irrelevant.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be against experimenting below the head.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2015, 02:16 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I don't understand why it seems to be the consensus of fans and the media that we have terrible uniforms and that teams with completely plain unis are so great.

I really don't get it. There are teams like the Bills with that awful blue/red color clashing going on, the Steelers, Colts, Chiefs, and the list really goes on for super boring, plain uniforms. I think the green/yellow of the Packers is hideous, yet it's called "the perfect autumnal color scheme"???

Personally, I like the Bengals, Bucs, Panthers, and Seahawks. Funny that my favorites are out of the top 20 LOL

They are "traditional" and "power houses"
Reply/Quote
Win a Superbowl and no one will care if we play the next season in pastel colors and tube tops with tassels on the man bits.
Reply/Quote
Give me the 80's uniforms any day.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2015, 02:53 PM)Harmening Wrote: Give me the 80's uniforms any day.

Its a joke! every year they rag on the #Bengals Unis
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2015, 02:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12913780/uni-watch-power-rankings-nfl-best-worst-uniforms

Bengals ranked only above the Jags with the following reasoning:
I'm pretty sure that they just copied the same thing they wrote last year and pasted it in for this year's "analysis".

I don't get the infatuation with uniforms like the Steelers (ranked 1st). They are plain and boring. Having a logo on one side of the helmet and not the other is asymmetrical. Whereas the Bengals are criticized for their uniforms being more of a costume for Halloween (the black and orange being a big association of that)...but that's what a Bengal tiger's colors are, so what are the Bengals supposed to use?

It seems that if the Bengals are to climb any kind of uniform rankings, they will have to get rid of any accent colors or patterns on their uniforms and have just one solid primary color on their jerseys and pants.

Your thoughts on the above rankings?

Clearly a Steelers fan, i would agree that the Jags have the worst uniforms in the league
but that is it. The Browns have the 2nd ugliest and that seems to be what the dude here
wants us to do.

We have one of the top 3 best uni's in the league and by far the best helmet IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2015, 02:16 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I don't understand why it seems to be the consensus of fans and the media that we have terrible uniforms and that teams with completely plain unis are so great.

Those would be my top 4, i like the Rams uni's as the 5th best or maybe the Cards.
Reply/Quote
The only thing I would change on our uniforms is the white stripe on the jersey but other than that there sweet.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Awesome lids....horrible uniforms.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
What year was this article? Both pictures of the Raiders' uniforms are of Carson Palmer, for pete's sake. Anyways, the Raiders have the best uniforms in the NFL, and the Bengals don't have "good" ones, but they are different enough to not be bad, right?
Reply/Quote

Exactly. I can understand the trim on the sides (white strip on the black jersey and the striped trim on the pants), but other than that, the jerseys are pretty simple and nice. However, if the trim on the side of the jersey and pants is the reason for such a low ranking, that's really dumb.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm reminded of this article:
http://www.theonion.com/article/bengals-uniforms-no-longer-look-stupid-now-that-te-6985

Which is funny, because I don't think people realize that the Packers not winning a playoff game in 25 years would make their green and yellow color scheme completely laughable, too.
Reply/Quote
I've mentioned this a few times on the old boards, a uni only looks daft when the franchise it represents has a unsuccessful history. Had the Bengals been one of the dominant teams of the last few decades, winning superbowls, having HoF players, then the stripes would represent winning and success.

There is a reason the Steelers and Packers are in the top 3 and the Jags and Bengals languish bottom.

If the Packers had the same history as the Bengals, that uni would look a whole lot more ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
This guy keeps saying it's just his opinion, on Twitter. He won't answer anyone who asks why he has the Steelers as #1. He just replies to people talking about the Bengals.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Last year I decided to get into American football, as an Englishman I have been raised on 'soccer'. Anyway I thought in order to really get into the game and begin to understand it, I should select a team to follow. Well I narrowed it down by many factors, uniform one of them, however strange a reason it may be to follow a team. Anyway, the Bengals comfortably had the nicest uniform, so to see they have been ranked 31st is very surprising.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Personally I've always liked our uniforms, and think they are in the top 10 uniforms in the league.

Other uniforms I like:
Carolina
Patriots
49ers
Rams
Powder Blue Chargers.

I hate to bring up alternate uniforms Rolleyes but does anyone else think a white with black stripes alternate could be workable? I want a snow tiger alternate haha
Reply/Quote