Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals re-sign John Jerry
(09-02-2019, 12:40 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: But we, us fans knew the line was crap.  All they did to improve it was draft 2 guys n sign a guy who was retired last year.    Tobin sucks at his job.

They used a top 11 pick in the draft on arguably the best OL in the draft. The Steelers are hurting at LB, they drafted Bush, if he gets injured and out for year does that mean Colbert also sucks at his job because he did not address it further????
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 12:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: They used a top 11 pick in the draft on arguably the best OL in the draft. The Steelers are hurting at LB, they drafted Bush, if he gets injured and out for year does that mean Colbert also sucks at his job because he did not address it further????

1 ) Bush is starting for them day 1. He’s not injured
2) Steelers have beaten us 8 straight games
3) they are primed for another run we are not.
4) last time we were there they beat us

Only Bengals fans would compare our GM to the Steelers GM. Tobin still sucks .
Reply/Quote
Yes Tobin does suck. It’s not like our line was one player away from being good. Hell were 4 players away from just being average. To think one guy, my bad one guy and a what 5th rounder was going to fix this mess is wishful thinking.
Reply/Quote
Can back up both guard spots and he can try to play tackle if need be.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
To many opening on the line to just fix with the draft. Please for the love of all holy no one say well the signed Jerry and Hart in free agency. Like bragging about buying a 1981 4 cylinder mustang and MB's lumina. Hart is improving but that is just dumb luck.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 01:33 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Yes Tobin does suck. It’s not like our line was one player away from being good. Hell were 4 players away from just being average. To think one guy, my bad one guy and a what 5th rounder was going to fix this mess is wishful thinking.

Eh we have a pretty good roster outside of LB and OL. They were both bad last season and we started the year 4-1. Hopefully Willis can fill in adequately for green for the first month and we stay healthy at the other skill position. Also let's keep the big three of Atkins, Dunlap, and Lawson.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 01:40 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: To many opening on the line to just fix with the draft. Please for the love of all holy no one say well the signed Jerry and Hart in free agency. Like bragging about buying a 1981 4 cylinder mustang and MB's lumina. Hart is improving but that is just dumb luck.

Coaching has nothing to do with that?  He just woke up better one day?  People around here say the cutest things.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 12:12 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I can hardly contain my excitement Yawn

I can hardly contain my excrement.
Reply/Quote
As Long as Jerry sticks to RG I am okay with this. He is a decent guard and guard only. They should try M Jordan at LT to see if he can back-up Glenn/Smith
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 11:54 AM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Better keep him at Guard, dude looked bad to say the least at Tackle.

What happened to Dugas?
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 03:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Better keep him at Guard, dude looked bad to say the least at Tackle.

What happened to Dugas?

Knee injury and is now on IR.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 03:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Knee injury and is now on IR.  

Damn, liked him better than Jerry from what I saw.

Thankfully Andre is here.
Reply/Quote
I dunno about you boys, but I’m fully erect.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I hope he never plays a snap. He sucks and looked awful for most of the preseason.

I wish people would just stop with the John Jerry playing tackle narrative. At what point in his NFL career was he considered a viable tackle? If he's lining up on the outside for your team, then your team has a serious problem. Just because he trotted his fat ass out onto the field to impersonated an offensive tackle here and there does not mean that it's a good idea to plan on using him there at any point. In fact, it's completely moronic.

LOL. Do people think him getting run out of the NFL for a year made him a better OT? Hilarious.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 12:40 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: But we, us fans knew the line was crap. All they did to improve it was draft 2 guys n sign a guy who was retired last year. Tobin sucks at his job.

Yep, it’s been apparent for quite a while. Even stupid shit like wasting 5th round picks on Deshaun Davis this year when a simple scouting report let’s you know he couldn’t do the job.

They will rue the day they didn’t take Devn Bush.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 04:36 PM)yang Wrote: Yep, it’s been apparent for quite a while. Even stupid shit like wasting 5th round picks on Deshaun Davis this year when a simple scouting report let’s you know he couldn’t do the job.

Devin Bush was taken before we picked.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 04:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Devin Bush was taken before we picked.

I wonder how many of these people saying we'll regret not getting Bush were in the same group saying "anybody but Bush" when we were predicted to be taking him? There were a lot of people on the draft section of these boards who wanted nothing to do with him.

Maybe Bush becomes a stud, or maybe he turns out like the last LB everybody thought we'd rue the day the Steelers took (Bud Dupree).
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 12:32 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Andre Smith is better at left tackle than he is at right tackle.

He's a much more savy vet now. In all seriousness, considering our oline situation, having Cordy and Dre on the left with Price in the middle may help in securing Andy's backside a little.

Jordan at RG, then find someone to play RT?? There's the rub. Jerry or Hart, maybe? Obviously, we need some better olineman.

I played CB, QB, WR, KR, and RB, so oline is certainly not my strong suit of knowleadge, others on here are much more qualified than me, when it comes to the lineman.

Just spit balling ideas ,working with who we currently have on the roster. Losing Williams early really hurt.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 04:36 PM)yang Wrote: Yep, it’s been apparent for quite a while.   Even stupid shit like wasting 5th round picks on Deshaun Davis this year when a simple scouting report let’s you know he couldn’t do the job.  

No way we could of took him lol

(09-02-2019, 04:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Devin Bush was taken before we picked.

The Steelers traded up in front of us. Cannot believe some on here don't remember this.

Thought it was really dumb of them too.

(09-02-2019, 04:47 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I wonder how many of these people saying we'll regret not getting Bush were in the same group saying "anybody but Bush" when we were predicted to be taking him? There were a lot of people on the draft section of these boards who wanted nothing to do with him.

Maybe Bush becomes a stud, or maybe he turns out like the last LB everybody thought we'd rue the day the Steelers took (Bud Dupree).

Bush couldn't tackle near as well as White or Pratt.

He is purely a pass rushing LB.

Cannot wait to see Mixon truck his ass.

(09-02-2019, 05:01 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He's a much more savy vet now. In all seriousness, considering our oline situation, having Cordy and Dre on the left with Price in the middle may help in securing Andy's backside a little.

Jordan at RG, then find someone to play RT?? There's the rub. Jerry or Hart, maybe? Obviously, we need some better olineman.

I played CB, QB, WR, KR, and RB, so oline is certainly not my strong suit of knowleadge, others on here are much more qualified than me, when it comes to the lineman.

Just spit balling ideas ,working with who we currently have on the roster. Losing Williams early really hurt.

Hart is our RT Coach. Jordan is our LG. Miller is our RG with Price in to back up all the inside positions.

The Line has pass protected very well at least the top guys have. This is what you want to see in Preseason.

If the Line was good at run blocking and terrible in pass protection I would be worried.

This was probably the most vanilla Preseason I have ever seen from us. We won't know anything until next Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 04:36 PM)yang Wrote: Yep, it’s been apparent for quite a while.   Even stupid shit like wasting 5th round picks on Deshaun Davis this year when a simple scouting report let’s you know he couldn’t do the job.  

Wrong on both points

Bush was no available when we picked

Davis was taken in round #6, not round 5
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote