Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals receiving corps ranked #1 by PFF
As they should be.

TIER 1: ELITE

1. CINCINNATI BENGALS

No team has a more impressive collection of young pass-game talent than the Bengals. Obviously, quarterback Joe Burrow is a big part of that, but the starting wide receiver trio of Ja’Marr Chase, Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd that came together last offseason contributed heavily to Burrow’s progression from his rookie season to 2021.

Chase established himself as one of the NFL’s best deep threats (league-high eight touchdowns on throws 20-plus yards downfield) and after-the-catch weapons (third among wide receivers in yards after the catch) at the position. Cincinnati’s decision to reunite him and Burrow also allowed Higgins and Boyd to profile as some of the better No. 2 and No. 3 options in the league, respectively.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-receiving-corps-rankings-cincinnati-bengals-philadelphia-eagles-2022
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
breaking news, folks
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 10:29 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: breaking news, folks

Invaluable contribution as ever, Frank.

Unnecessary snark aside, I included a link to the complete list for those actually interested. I was a bit surprised Baltimore wasn’t even lower, but apparently it’s pass catcher’s as a whole, not just WR’s - so Andrews factors in.

Reply/Quote
I think we knew that no matter what anyone else did, out best chance of winning games was based on the raw talent at WR and QB. It's hard to game plan around these guys and they're only going to get better. That should help compensate for a little bit of drop in play at other positions, just gotta stay healthy. Higgins gives so much security worth that big frame, Boyd has a knack for getting to the soft spot and getting open....Chase is a terror. Not sure how you defend these guys, especially with Mixon getting better running lanes (right side especially).
Reply/Quote
We have a great trio. Lets go get a ring.
Reply/Quote
What feels great as a fan, this isn't surprising. It's sweet feeling confident about this squad.

Who Dey

It will be fun to see who joins Boyd/Higgins/Chase in the WR position group for the season.
Reply/Quote
Yep Yep Yep!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think we'll be even better than expected because everyone is underestimating how good we were with a horrible offensive line and that causing Mixon to have one of the lowest YPC averages in the league.

It will be impossible to cover Chase alone when Burrow has time, so throw in Boyd, Higgins, and Hurst with a run game to keep defenses honest and you're looking at an elite receiving squad with unlimited potential.
Reply/Quote
Does this account for depth? If one of the 3 go down it gets real thin real quick doesn’t it?
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 04:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think we'll be even better than expected because everyone is underestimating how good we were with a horrible offensive line and that causing Mixon to have one of the lowest YPC averages in the league.

It will be impossible to cover Chase alone when Burrow has time, so throw in Boyd, Higgins, and Hurst with a run game to keep defenses honest and you're looking at an elite receiving squad with unlimited potential.

Higgins is also hitting that spot (between years 2 and 3) when WRs used to typically show the big jump in skill and production... Lest we forget; he played injured for most of last year too. Opposing secondaries are gonna hate playing us this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 04:33 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Does this account for depth? If one of the 3 go down it gets real thin real quick doesn’t it?

Well that would probably account for most teams.   If for example Kupp gets injured the Rams are going to miss a big piece of their offense.  Most teams don't have 3 to 5 very good WRs.  That's just the way it works out. Usually teams don't have the luxury of having a very capable receiver on the bench.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 10:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As they should be.

1.  CINCINNATI BENGALS

No team has a more impressive collection of young pass-game talent than the Bengals. Obviously, quarterback Joe Burrow is a big part of that, but the starting wide receiver trio of Ja’Marr Chase, Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd that came together last offseason contributed heavily to Burrow’s progression from his rookie season to 2021.

Chase established himself as one of the NFL’s best deep threats (league-high eight touchdowns on throws 20-plus yards downfield) and after-the-catch weapons (third among wide receivers in yards after the catch) at the position. Cincinnati’s decision to reunite him and Burrow also allowed Higgins and Boyd to profile as some of the better No. 2 and No. 3 options in the league, respectively.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-receiving-corps-rankings-cincinnati-bengals-philadelphia-eagles-2022

Expecting a repeat too if they stay healthy. Should put up even better numbers this season and could break records.

Alex, Ted and La'el will help out everybody especially Burrow and his top 3 WR's.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 01:20 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: What feels great as a fan, this isn't surprising. It's sweet feeling confident about this squad.

Who Dey

It will be fun to see who joins Boyd/Higgins/Chase in the WR position group for the season.

My bet is Lassiter will emerge. Saw Burrow passing to him multiple times in the last OTA thread.

If Burrow likes him that is all I need to know. Lassiter is fast and is a Returner to boot.

My dark horse to make the team and improve our depth.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 04:33 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Does this account for depth?

Nope.....

OK, it does, that's why they call it Receiving Corps
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope.....

OK, it does, that's why they call it Receiving Corps

Thanks.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 04:33 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Does this account for depth? If one of the 3 go down it gets real thin real quick doesn’t it?

No, because unlike most teams our #2 can step into the #1 role without much of a drop off in talent.

Same for Boyd at #3 stepping up to #2 or even #1.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 10:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: As they should be.

1.  CINCINNATI BENGALS

Burrow may never have a trio of WRs this good again.

It is not diminishing Burrow in any way to claim that this could be his best chance for an MVP.  Even the best QBs are more productive with elite WRs.
Reply/Quote