Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals record prediction for 2015
I will say worst case scenario is 9-7 and best case is 11-5.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
12-4 (at Ravens, at Steelers, at Cardinals, at Broncos)

First Round beat Steelers at Home
Second Round beat Colts at Indy
AFC Championship beat Broncos at Denver
Super Bowl beat Packers
Reply/Quote
8-8.
Reply/Quote
6-10 with bad year
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
10-6 is my safe bet.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
More people than not had us winning these first two games, but losing next week to Baltimore.
I'm wondering if anyone wants to modify that game prediction now based on injuries and what you've seen of each team so far.
It does seem like a desperate game for rat birds, which is interesting to say in week 3.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 02:25 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: More people than not had us winning these first two games, but losing next week to Baltimore.
I'm wondering if anyone wants to modify that game prediction now based on injuries and what you've seen of each team so far.
It does seem like a desperate game for rat birds, which is interesting to say in week 3.

Yep. I thought that they would be playing a lot better than what they are now. I only gave it to them because it was at Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
I know I'm late to the party but I'm gonna give it a go with my thoughts behind each game.

W3 @ Baltimore - Win (3-0)
Reason: Baltimore has no confidence after a brutal loss. Not as talented or scary as they have been in the past.

W4 V Kansas City - Loss (3-1)
Reason: KC has a stout defense and basic but low-mistake offense. Something about this match-up doesn't sit right with me.

W5 V Seattle - Loss (3-2)
Reason: Seattle needs a win, and they will do anything to get it. Marshawn and Graham do just enough to win the game.

W6 @ Buffalo - Win (4-2)
Reason: Running games will be similarly ineffective, but Dalton outperforms Tyrod Taylor.

W7 Bye

W8 @ Pittsburgh - Loss (4-3)
Reason: Big Ben and Antonio Brown put up big numbers in a blowout. I hate Pittsburgh.

W9 V Cleveland - Win (5-3)
Reason: This game scares me. We always seem to play down to the Browns' level. We are too good for that this time.

W10 V Houston - Win (6-3)
Reason: Houston is just very, very bad. Watt grabs a couple sacks, but the Texans offense can't put it together.

W11 @ Arizona - Loss (6-4)
Reason: Palmer wants to beat his former team, and the Cards look pretty solid overall. It's close, but AZ comes out on top.

W12 V St. Louis - Win (7-4)
Reason: At this point, St. Louis will be heavy in the loss column and without a true identity. An awful game, but a Cincy win.

W13 @ Cleveland - Win (8-4)
Reason: Cleveland is in turmoil here. The potential is there, but they can't put it together. Questions surround their QB situation.

W14 V Pittsburgh - Loss (8-5)
Reason: Steelers are on the outside looking in at the playoff bubble. It's a gritty game, and Dalton gets picked off on the final drive.

W15 @ San Francisco - Win (9-5)
Reason: At this point, the niners are way out of contention and begin to throw everything on the wall to see what sticks.

W16 @ Denver - Win - (10-5)
Reason: Peyton is on his last legs. Cincy needs the win badly and we throw the ball all over the Denver defense.

W17 V Baltimore - Loss (10-6)
Reason: No real reason here. Baltimore finally decides to show up for a game that means nothing to them, but everything to us.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to say the Bengals can go anywhere from 10-6 to 13-3.

There's a lot of good teams left that the Bengals have to play against and it's a tougher schedule. To go 13-3 would be great.

Beating Pittsburgh twice in one is year has been difficult for this team, so is beating Cleveland twice for whatever reason. Then there's Denver, Seattle, Arizona, Buffalo, KC and Baltimore. And, we seem to lose to a lowly team once a year for some reason.

The defense is as much a part of these two wins as the offense. Key stops, causing turnovers and being disruptive the opponent's backfield make it tough on the opponent. The defense also seems to be adjusting better as the game goes on, unlike last year.

Reply/Quote
Bump
Reply/Quote
19-0
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 03:28 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: 19-0

Beating the 17 - 1 Patriots and the 18 - 1 Packers.   Big Grin

If I was betting money, I would only go as far as winning the AFCN.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 09:45 PM)Baby Hawk Wrote: Beating the 17 - 1 Patriots and the 18 - 1 Packers.   Big Grin

Winning the AFCN is almost guaranteed. We look like the best team in the league right now. 
Reply/Quote
Being 4 games in, I'd predict that 15-1 is our ceiling and 10-6 is our floor. Hell, 16-0 is possible, but we'd need a good amount of luck. If I was a betting man I'd say we would finish out the season 8-4 to finish out the regular season 12-4 with the #2 seed. As tough as it may be, we need to beat the Broncos if we want that bye.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 09:45 PM)Baby Hawk Wrote: Beating the 17 - 1 Patriots and the 18 - 1 Packers.   Big Grin

Yeah, I agree.  19-0 was just a joke.  Realistically, I can see the Bengals winning 12 or 13 games, seeing as how they're one of the top five teams in the league, hands down.  As long as they remain healthy, they won't lose much.

I won't really predict a playoff win though.  I've done that for the last four years, and the team never comes prepared.  I Would definitely bet on them winning the AFCN though.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 10:51 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We look like the best team in the league right now. 

No we don't. How do we look better than Green Bay or New England. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 11:36 PM)Utts Wrote: No we don't. How do we look better than Green Bay or New England. 

We have played better against better teams. Who has NE beat? The Jags? The Steelers w/o Bell and Bryant? The Bills who hung 32 points on them?

Who has the Packers beat? The 49ers? The Seahawks w/o Kam? The Bears? They didn't beat the chiefs as bad as we did either.

We have destroyed everyone we have played so far.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 11:42 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We have destroyed everyone we have played so far.

Except for the Ravens and Chargers. We didn't destroy them, in fact, we came back in one of them. That being said, the Bengals have played very well in all four of their games. But lets not act like they were dominate in all four.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 11:46 PM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: Except for the Ravens and Chargers.  We didn't destroy them, in fact, we came back in one of them.  That being said, the Bengals have played very well in all four of their games.  But lets not act like they were dominate in all four.

How were they not? The Chargers game wasn't even close as what the score tried to make it out to be, and the Ravens were only close because the refs don't like calling OPI on Steve Smith because he scares them. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 11:54 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: How were they not? The Chargers game wasn't even close as what the score tried to make it out to be, and the Ravens were only close because the refs don't like calling OPI on Steve Smith because he scares them. 

You're being silly.  The Bengals have looked great, but numerous other teams have also looked great.  The Ravens game was close because the the score reflected the way the game progressed.
Reply/Quote