Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals record prediction for the 2020-2021 season
I'm at 5 maybe 6 wins.

browns, redskins, giants, dolphins, jags.....then maybe a wildcard somewhere. Hopefully stoolers.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2020, 09:25 PM)Trademark Wrote: 1. vs Chargers - Bengals open up to a wild crowd in the jungle roaring. Burrow lights up the Chargers and the team wins in convincing fashion 45-6

2. at Browns - Burrow’s first pro prime time spot. Joe lights up yet another team proving he’s not a bust and Bengals improved defense stifles the Browns. Bengals win 35-10

3. at Eagles - Another W. Bengals keep on rolling

4. vs Jaguars - Yet another win as Burrow makes his early case for OROTY

5. at Ravens - Bengals prove that they are a much different team and contain Lamar with the vastly improved LB core. Bengals win a close one 23-20

6. at Colts - Bengals keep on rolling and make Philip Rivers life miserable 35-3

7. vs Browns - Bengals win again and sweep the Browns

8. vs Titans - Bengals finish the first half undefeated and looking like a juggernaut.

10. at Steelers - The Bengals come out of the bye week and make Big been look very old. Bengals win 41-10

11. at Redskins - Burrow vs Young. Burrow proves why he was taken number 1. Bengals win 33-13

12. Giants - Bengals come back home and get another win looking unstoppable

13. at Dolphins - Bengals get yet another win

14. vs Cowboys - Dalton returns to Cincy and watches his former team win yet another game

15. vs Steelers - Bengals take yet another W.

16. at Texans - Bengals finally take a loss in a hard fought game

17. vs Ravens - Bengals rest their starters and lose again finishing the regular season with the number one seed at 14-2

I think this is probably sarcasm, but I’m afraid a lot of fans will have unrealistic expectations like this and put too much pressure on a rookie QB who is going to make mistakes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2020, 09:47 PM)caneyoufeelit Wrote: "We were in almost every game last year."

I hate this argument for multiple reasons.  

I agree using the word "every game" is not good but the actual argument the games are normally much closer than the box score does hold water.. With the NFL being so close in level of competition among the best athletes there is not as much difference as we might think.. On the norm 2 to 3 impactful plays can or could swing a game.

As for last year, the Bengals did a terrible job in winning close games especially with the standard of going into 4th quarter within a single score  of the other team.    Last season the Bengals played  games that going into the 4th quarter they were either down or ahead by 8 or less.  Of those 8 games, they lost 7 of them (Only Cleveland win was less than 10 going into 4th quarter).  

It is not logical to think they would win all of those 8 but maybe winning  3 /4 of 8 is realistic.. so that could have put them at 5 -11 or 6-10

BREAK DOWN of Losses within 8 points into 4th quarter

Seattle:  UP 3.. 
Bills:      down 7  
Jags       UP 1   
Arizona   down 4
Raiders   down 4
Steelers   Tie
Browns    down 8
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 10:22 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think this is probably sarcasm, but I’m afraid a lot of fans will have unrealistic expectations like this and put too much pressure on a rookie QB who is going to make mistakes.

Sorry but we won't have to worry about the Bengals' record because it will be 0-0 like every other team.

The HMIC is opening up the country way too fast and there will be a significant death spike before the start of the season. The NFL will have no choice but to cancel the season. 

After all, if the US Military won't allow a recruit to have been hospitalized for COVID-19, would you or the NFL want to risk a player's health that way?
Reply/Quote
14-2 bahahahahahha bengal fans will dyck ride forever regardless of justifiable merit.
Reply/Quote
I actually really like the way the schedule plays out...even the short first week when they have to go on the road. I will take the 10 days off before traveling to Philly. The bye comes at a nice time. I will do the usual stupid W/L thing down the schedule because that is what we do when the schedule comes out.

Sun. Sept. 13 L.A. CHARGERS CBS 4:05 p.m.: Two rookie QBs potentially starting. One for sure. San Diego has a real defense. Derwin James will be back. He is a difference maker, and Joey Bosa has to be licking his chops. I still see the first home opener in some time as a win. I simply don't see the Chargers scoring more than 20 points and I think the Bengals get 24. W, 24-20

Thurs. Sept. 17 at Cleveland NFL Network 8:20 p.m.: Despite their dysfunctionality, the Browns will be playing with a ton of energy on primetime. It will be close, but I give this one to the Browns: L 21-17

Sun. Sept. 27 at Philadelphia CBS 1 p.m. Very tough road game and Philly has a very solid defense. Mobile QBs tend to kill the Bengals, but I think with the extra time to prepare and Burrow starting to hit his stride, the Bengals pull off the upset. W, 28-27

Sun. Oct. 4 JACKSONVILLE CBS 1 p.m. Jacksonville sucks ass W, 31-14

Sun. Oct. 11* at Baltimore CBS 1 p.m. Lamar Jackson still can run around guys, but the Bengals give their defense fits as well. I'm giving this one to the Rats, but it will be close: L, 27-24

Sun. Oct. 18* at Indianapolis FOX 1 p.m.: It is technically back to back road games, but travel to Indy isn't bad. I think the Bengals offense is really starting to click and the defense feasts on the immobile Rivers. W, 24-14

Sun. Oct. 25* CLEVELAND CBS 1 p.m.: The Bengals get the revenge in a shootout. W 35-31

Sun. Nov. 1* TENNESSEE CBS 1 p.m.: The Bengals defense is built to match up with Tennessee very well. Tannehill isn't playing for a contract and Derek Henry can't do it all. W, 27-20

Sun. Nov. 8 — BYE — For the first time in years, the Bengals aren't underdogs in the bye week.

Sun. Nov. 15* at Pittsburgh FOX 1 p.m.: The beginning of the end for Piggy and the boys. The defense is starting to hit its stride and stuffs the steeler rushing attack. Piggy throws a few picks, and the Bengals get the win on the road. W 27-21.

Sun. Nov. 22* at Washington CBS 1 p.m. Washington sucks. And they are especially bad at home. W- 42-14

Sun. Nov. 29* N.Y. GIANTS FOX 1 p.m. The Giants are a middling team with no pass rush. Burrow is starting to hit his stride. Giants ground game can't do it all and Captain Checkdown, Daniel Jones, finds no room in the short passing lanes and is picked off three times. W 35-17

Sun. Dec. 6* at Miami CBS 1 p.m.: The much heralded QB Bowl isn't as exciting as it is billed. Tua struggles, Burrow rolls, W 28-17

Sun. Dec.13* DALLAS FOX 1 p.m.: Dallas has a ton of weapons, but it is at home, and in December. Bengals steal a close one W. 24-21

Mon. Dec. 21 PITTSBURGH ESPN 8:15 p.m. Primetime Piggy comes out trying to capture his old mobile self and shits his pants on National TV when Reader and Tupou hit him at opposite sides at the same time. The humiliation of shitting his gold pants, making it all the more evident, is too much for Piggy, who announces his retirement after the game. W, 27-17

Sun. Dec. 27* at Houston CBS 1 p.m.: The Bengals have won 6 straight since the bye week and are the talk of the NFL. Mike Florio and Colin Cowherd have decided to pursue other careers. However, Houston is desperate and Watson makes just enough plays to pull out the win in OT: L, 31-28.

Sun. Jan. 3* BALTIMORE CBS 1 p.m. : The Bengals rest their starters and win the AFC North despite Baltimore winning the game. L, 28-20.

12-4 AFC North Champs.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 10:47 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: Sorry but we won't have to worry about the Bengals' record because it will be 0-0 like every other team.

The HMIC is opening up the country way too fast and there will be a significant death spike before the start of the season. The NFL will have no choice but to cancel the season. 

After all, if the US Military won't allow a recruit to have been hospitalized for COVID-19, would you or the NFL want to risk a player's health that way?

Actually have you been reading the data of late on deaths and where the great amount of the spread and deaths happen.. Stay at Home with the elderly  ( the death rate is something like 80% 75 and above) .. putting sick with old etc increased the spread...  People being close to each other on a daily basis increased the spread... Plus everyday improvements, preventions, testing is increasing... 

The NFL will need to have strong protocols for teams, fans and workers though.. and yes there is chance of cancellations but more of a chance that either we play totally or if a team has some one in organization with virus will need to be held out if they have the virus.  We are at a point now that all team members could be tested on the day someone has the with virus  and they could be cleared to be on the field that same day.. Amazing where we already are now and where we will be come September as we continue to advance with technology against this virus. 
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2020, 09:25 PM)Trademark Wrote: 1. vs Chargers - Bengals open up to a wild crowd in the jungle roaring. Burrow lights up the Chargers and the team wins in convincing fashion 45-6

2. at Browns - Burrow’s first pro prime time spot. Joe lights up yet another team proving he’s not a bust and Bengals improved defense stifles the Browns. Bengals win 35-10

3. at Eagles - Another W. Bengals keep on rolling

4. vs Jaguars - Yet another win as Burrow makes his early case for OROTY

5. at Ravens - Bengals prove that they are a much different team and contain Lamar with the vastly improved LB core. Bengals win a close one 23-20

6. at Colts - Bengals keep on rolling and make Philip Rivers life miserable 35-3

7. vs Browns - Bengals win again and sweep the Browns

8. vs Titans - Bengals finish the first half undefeated and looking like a juggernaut.

10. at Steelers - The Bengals come out of the bye week and make Big been look very old. Bengals win 41-10

11. at Redskins - Burrow vs Young. Burrow proves why he was taken number 1. Bengals win 33-13

12. Giants - Bengals come back home and get another win looking unstoppable

13. at Dolphins - Bengals get yet another win

14. vs Cowboys - Dalton returns to Cincy and watches his former team win yet another game

15. vs Steelers - Bengals take yet another W.

16. at Texans - Bengals finally take a loss in a hard fought game

17. vs Ravens - Bengals rest their starters and lose again finishing the regular season with the number one seed at 14-2

[Image: dd0.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 09:34 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Was this posted for comedic effect?

Probably.

It is ridiculous to think we would lose at Houston.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 10:50 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: 14-2 bahahahahahha bengal fans will dyck ride forever regardless of justifiable merit.

Actually there are a lot who will shit on the team no matter how good they are.

Same guys who used to say "regular season games don't matter" are now squirting all over themselves because of regular season losses.
Reply/Quote
When we take our first loss of the season maybe week one this guy is going to call burrow a bust
Reply/Quote
Kind of funny that some of the same people who claim "almost all NFL games are close due to parity" in order to diminish the Bengals 2019 season are also claiming you have to make huge monumental changes in order to get better.

If the Bengals were close in a lot of games last year because all NFL teams are close in talent then the amount of big  changes the Bengals made this offseason should make a big difference in their record.  I know every other team in the league added draft picks and free agents, but the Bengals should improve more than most other teams because.  .  .  

1.  Bengals did not lose any key free agents without replacing them. (Darquez, Vigil)  Every good free agent signed by any team is a loss to another team.  So not every team improves in free agency.  Some lose more than they gain.

2.  Most teams are not adding an extra first round pick who did not play last year.

3.  Most teams do not have the best player on their offense returning after missing all of last season.
Reply/Quote
I'll go with 7-9, although it's really impossible to pick an exact number.

I think their floor, barring extremely bad luck, is 5 games. And I think their celing, barring extremely good luck, is 9 games.

So I'd probably rather use that window of 5-9 as what I think is a fair analysis. We'll just have to see how it plays out to see where they fall in that range. Of course, I could be totally wrong too.

Just some food for thought...

-In 2003 (Marvin's first year) we went from 2-14 to 8-8. (A 6 game increase.)

-In 2011 we went from 4-12 to 9-7. (A 5 game increase.)

-Just last year, 2019, The Cardinals, who also drafted a QB #1, went from 3-13 to 5-9-1. (A 2.5 game increase)

-Only 5 teams in the last 20 years, who finished in last place the year prior, finished the following year with a winning record.

-No team in the last 20 years who finshed last won a playoff game the following season.

All this said, it is the NFL afterall, anything can happen. Perhaps this team makes a huge jump like we've never seen here, and improves their win total by a huge margin. Maybe they even in a win a playoff game or two. It could happen.

But I think some may want to temper their expextations a bit. This year really should be about more about progress made, and vision and hope for the future, than an exact win total.

If this team can win 7+ games, and we can see a lot to build on then that's a realistic success. So please don't take my prediction as negative. I just think asking for anything beyond 8-8 is asking or expecting way too much.
Reply/Quote
1. vs Chargers - Loss.
With two new starters to the OL (Jonah and XSF) and Burrow, I think the offense won't produce well enough to get a win.

2. at Browns - Loss.
Similar to above, I think the Bengals will need more time to gel with so many new starters.

3. at Eagles - Loss.

4. vs Jaguars - Win.

5. at Ravens - Loss.

6. at Colts - Loss.

7. vs Browns - Win.

8. vs Titans - Loss.

10. at Steelers - Loss.

11. at Redskins - Win.

12. Giants - Win.

13. at Dolphins - Win.

14. vs Cowboys - Loss.

15. vs Steelers - Win.

16. at Texans - Loss.

17. vs Ravens - Loss.

I think 6-10 should be the expectation and any more wins would be icing on the cake.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 11:46 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: When we take our first loss of the season maybe week one this guy is going to call burrow a bust

Joe Burrow won’t be a bust but he’s in for a rough start so be patient with him.
Reply/Quote
It took Burrow a year to get acclimated at LSU.

I'm agreeing with the 6-10 floor to 9-7 ceiling. I think there are a lot of winnable games on the schedule, and I'm actually pretty happy with the way the schedule plays out. Very excited to open up against the Chargers who I think will be beatable with herbfart at QB.
Reply/Quote
My bold prediction is we could go 16-0 or 0-16 or post a record somewhere in between.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 10:47 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: Sorry but we won't have to worry about the Bengals' record because it will be 0-0 like every other team.

Covid-19 is overblown
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2020, 10:47 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: Sorry but we won't have to worry about the Bengals' record because it will be 0-0 like every other team.

You're wrong.  There will be NFL.  Once we reopen, nobody's going back into the box.  Just watch.
Reply/Quote