Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bengals remain least valuable
Sportico released their annual team valuations. The Cowboys remain the most valuable at $9.2 billion. Of course they have Jerry World and that "America's Team" thing going for them

The Bengals are 32nd valued at less than half of the Cowboys at an even $4 billion. The good news is their value increased 41% from last year and odds are they would sell for more if the Brown/Blackburn family decided to cash in. The big question for the Bengals is Mike's estate planning. I assume he has been transferring ownership slowly over the years so that the next generation doesn't get killed by the inheritance taxes

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-team-valuations-rankings-for-2023-cowboys-again-tower-over-every-franchise-giants-exceed-7-billion/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&fbclid=IwAR0VVyyylwWfD5Vb4eS8kLUVDNVk5XB6ZE_e6q-KlNKjF5TgYu1_d7Vzadk#ll3bcs73f2k0kg8kfc

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
this 100% plays a part in every other qb having national tv commercials except for Joey B

not that I care. I just notice

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Well, we went up 41%! That is good.
Reply/Quote
Three decades of futility is hard to overcome. We're getting there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This doesn't bother me. We are a blue collar, under appreciated, hard working fan base. Screw Jerry Jones, shady **** anyways. We have the better team that is all that matters
Reply/Quote
MBs a lawyer so I am sure he has it lined up so that they are not going to get killed by the inheritance tax. Saving/managing his money is one thing that he has always been very good at.

I think the high values are because of their name brand which brings the high dollar sponsors and of course the big market teams will be more valuable. Also Jerry’s stadium has to be worth a fortune.
Reply/Quote
Up 41% from last year! That's HUGE. This Zac Taylor era has gone so well now lets cap it off with some Lombardi Trophies!

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 02:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: this 100% plays a part in every other qb having national tv commercials except for Joey B

JoeyB has had plenty of opportunities...he has chosen to turn the majority of them down

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 02:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: this 100% plays a part in every other qb having national tv commercials except for Joey B

From everything I've seen, Joey B doesn't want that kind of attention.

Being in Cincy didn't stop Chad from getting some national plugs, and Joe is definitely as famous as Chad was nationally.

To the OP, I'm not doubting you or the article, but I find it hard to believe the Bengals are less valuable than the Lions or Jaguars. Those aren't great markets and those teams definitely don't have as bright a future.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 02:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Three decades of futility is hard to overcome. We're getting there.

??? What 3 decades are we talking,  since 2003 we have as many div. Championships as Baltimore been to more playoffs than over 1/2 teams in league and have a overall winning record, I don't think that equals futility,if it does more than 1/2 teams are in with us.  
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 04:57 PM)pally Wrote: JoeyB has had plenty of opportunities...he has chosen to turn the majority of them down

That's why I like him for the team and the area.

He's not just all Hollywood and a drama queen.

I won't be mad at him if he takes them eventually after we win a Super Bowl, but just saying his focus is on football right now.

I do wonder if he's just holding out for the biggest deals since Cinci is such a small media market.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2023, 07:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: From everything I've seen, Joey B doesn't want that kind of attention.

Being in Cincy didn't stop Chad from getting some national plugs, and Joe is definitely as famous as Chad was nationally.

To the OP, I'm not doubting you or the article, but I find it hard to believe the Bengals are less valuable than the Lions or Jaguars. Those aren't great markets and those teams definitely don't have as bright a future.
Eventually Burrow will get those huge deals. I agree I don't think the market hurts one bit.
Infact I would say that Cincinnati is an underrated sports market top 30 metro, top 40 TV Market, and it has a ton of cooperate money for a mid major market.

As to the OP we might be last but I feel the future is strong for the franchise on and off the field. The City is growing, the ownership group is younger and hungrier than ever, and we more than likely going to have a brand new stadium by 2030.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have an opportunity to sell out (including luxury box seats) the next decade if Joey B. stays healthy. That also means more sponsorships as businesses love to support a winner and with the stadium sold out the Bengals can charge more money.

All is good in Cincy and I can see the Bengals climbing the ladder in the coming years.

As far as MB, I would not be surprised if MB has already transferred ownership. But keep in mind, equity (4 Billion) - debt = value of the franchise so these huge contracts payable later will be on the books as debt decreasing the overall equity and tax consequence for the new owner.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 12:08 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's why I like him for the team and the area.

He's not just all Hollywood and a drama queen.

I won't be mad at him if he takes them eventually after we win a Super Bowl, but just saying his focus is on football right now.

I do wonder if he's just holding out for the biggest deals since Cinci is such a small media market.

Joe has national appeal already.  He is a very recognizable nationally with one of the most sold jerseys.  He has been written up on fashion pages for his style and has cool nicknames that could tie in with lots of products.

He does have national deals with Bose, Kroger, Lowes, fanatics, and Nike.  We just don't see his face all over the place like Aaron Rodgers or some other players.  I think he is very selective about what he endorses

I've always gotten the feeling from Joe that while he is very comfortable with his close friends and teammates, he is basically a reserved introvert and is not a real fan of being in front of the cameras as anything but a football player

Reply/Quote

Time for Burrow to get some John Morrell commercials like Palmer did. Go long...er!  Hilarious
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginal...ipo=images]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 01:37 AM)J24 Wrote: Eventually Burrow will get those huge deals. 

eventually? Trevor Lawrence and Herbert already have national commercials lmao

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 10:29 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Time for Burrow to get some John Morrell commercials like Palmer did. Go long...er!  Hilarious

I still don't know how Palmer agreed to that one or if he just took the pictures and didn't know what kind of text they were going to add later.  Or maybe he did and just thought it was funny.  Here is the video commercial he did for them.

After reading that Andy Dalton locker room thread the other day I wonder if that is Brad's favorite brand of sausage.    Tongue  Maybe the Bengals should serve Morrell sausages before each game to inspire the team.   Hilarious

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 10:50 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I still don't know how Palmer agreed to that one

well he is from california 

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 10:29 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Time for Burrow to get some John Morrell commercials like Palmer did. Go long...er!  Hilarious

When the time comes that ad needs to be etched into his tombstone.  It is his legacy  Tongue
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I think it’s most likely based solely on revenue and assets. It went up because perceived revenue increases.

I don’t think you can just transfer ownership a little at a time with no tax liability.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote