Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals respond to a fans complaint on signing Bobby Hart
(03-14-2019, 04:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is the Paul Alexander/Pollack thing all over. People thought Alexander was soo bad and that Pollack would come in and fix the line right away. And that didn't happen.

WTH are you talking about?  The line got better immediately under Pollack.  It was still bad due to lack of talent, but it got better.

Losing Pollack put a major damper on the joy of the offseason coaching changes, in my opinon.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 01:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF we can sign Miller and upgrade at Guard...we might be able to get by with our line.

I'm thinking the Bengals might shock some people and take a QB or WR in the 1st. I think some of these signs point to that. IF one we like is there.

I don't think it it will be shocking. We always made it a priority to have a good QB, WRs and RBs.
Reply/Quote
This is what happens when poorly-performing players are signed. The fans don't like it.
It's hard to put trust in the FO/coaches who say they think he can be groomed into a good player when the fans haven't seen improvement yet.

FWIW, I think the Bengals upgraded at RG with Miller. That should (hopefully) help Hart. But I'm also very much hoping for a RT/RG versatile OL to be drafted early to prep in case Miller and/or Hart flounder.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 07:06 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  Why on earth do they continue to go into seasons with a the same glaring weakness year after year. 

Last year we brought in the 8th highest paid OT in the league and used a first round pick on OC.

This year we signed a starting OG in free agency.

Why do you act like they are not trying to fox the O-line?
Reply/Quote
When was the last time we had a crappy offensive lineman develop into a good one?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 11:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Last year we brought in the 8th highest paid OT in the league and used a first round pick on OC.

This year we signed a starting OG in free agency.

Why do you act like they are not trying to fox the O-line?

It's painfully obvious that the FO wasn't able to trade away out worst players for every other team's best players, the moon, stars and the sun..and a pack of gum.. We should be outraged.. OUTRAGED I say..  Yawn
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 11:35 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: When was the last time we had a crappy offensive lineman develop into a good one?

Certainly haven't seen it done after a significant raise was given to the poorest performer. That message will be heard loud and clear.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 11:35 AM)grampahol Wrote: It's painfully obvious that the FO wasn't able to trade away out worst players for every other team's best players, the moon, stars and the sun..and a pack of gum.. We should be outraged.. OUTRAGED I say..  Yawn

Signing back the players that were apart of the problem and selling fans that the problem is fixed isn't going to work with us either.

They've made it impossible for us to go anything other than LB/OT at 11 and whatever position (OT/LB) we don't choose, we are stuck with the same starters as last year at that position group. And that's not good for the prospects of any improvement across the board.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 10:25 AM)Tomkat Wrote: WTH are you talking about?  The line got better immediately under Pollack.  It was still bad due to lack of talent, but it got better.

Losing Pollack put a major damper on the joy of the offseason coaching changes, in my opinon.

The line added Glenn and a 1st Round pick at Center. That 1st Round pick was terrible.

I see no evidence that Pollack was some terrific coach who improved on existing players.

Hopkins was still bad a Guard and decent at Center like he was under Alexander.
Redmond was still Terrible.
Ced and Fisher didn't play so Pollack didn't improve them.

Do you have any evidence of Pollack coaching up a single player that Alexander had?
Reply/Quote
Well he was released.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 11:43 AM)jj22 Wrote: Certainly haven't seen it done after a significant raise was given to the poorest performer. That message will be heard loud and clear.

Actually yes it did.

Bengals used the franchise tag on Stacey Andrews in 2008.

Very next year undrafted free agent Kyle Cook became a very good OC for us.

Anyone who thinks the O-linemen are all sitting around planning on sucking because Hart got a raise knows nothing about how NFL players think.
Reply/Quote
If it makes anyone feel better the Redskins signed Erick Flowers (bust) to a 1 year 4 million dollar deal. Apparently the going rate for bad tackles is just higher than we want to believe.
Reply/Quote