Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals road to 53 man roster complete 2017 - cuts, trade, IRs
I wouldn't mind taking a look at Zuttah. However, Alexander the Great has spoken. So we're going to roll with his handpicked shit show and see what happens.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 05:16 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I wouldn't mind taking a look at Zuttah. However, Alexander the Great has spoken. So we're going to roll with his handpicked shit show and see what happens.

Zuttah has been cut 3 times this preseason...  he might be done... If anything maybe after week 1.  so his contract isn't fully gaurenteed for the year.

Here is the NFC tracker might help ill try and find the AFC one

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/01/pfts-2017-nfc-53-man-roster-cuts-tracker/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/01/pfts-2017-afc-53-man-roster-cuts-tracker/
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 05:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Zuttah has been cut 3 times this preseason...  he might be done... If anything maybe after week 1.  so his contract isn't fully gaurenteed for the year.

Here is the NFC tracker might help ill try and find the AFC one

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/01/pfts-2017-nfc-53-man-roster-cuts-tracker/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/01/pfts-2017-afc-53-man-roster-cuts-tracker/

He very well could be. I just wouldn't mind bringing him in and taking a look. That's highly unlikely unless Alexander the Great gives the green light.

Agreed. If the Bengals find a castoff they want to take a look at, no way they'll sign them until after Week 1.
Reply/Quote
As for the Zuttah talk, I have a feeling we are going to be rolling with what we have. I will be surprised if we pick up any linemen.

(09-01-2017, 04:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I remember wanting him in the Draft so I could get a RAMBO jersey. lol..... 

Then it was like the Bengals Select Saftey From Georgia..     Shawn Williams...      (lol I was like WHO!!!???!)

You & me both. I was high on Rambo when he was coming out. The coolness of his name was a big part of the drawl lol. I wouldn't mind giving him a go.
[Image: tumblr_ohmzy7WynD1s05wxzo1_400.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 05:05 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Baltimore Released veteran offensive lineman Jeremy Zuttah

Didn't they just pick him up?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 05:05 PM)TKUHL Wrote: We still have 28 cuts after P Will Monday was cut?

Yeah, there are 83 still on the roster after he was cut on Monday. Ideally it would have been 30 cuts, but Pacman and Burfict will be suspended, so they can be temporarily replaced on the 53. I guess if the Bengals wanted to, they could go with a 51 or 52 man roster until they come back by cutting 29 or 30. But I doubt they would to be on the safe side. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 05:53 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Didn't they just pick him up?

that's what I thought.. I heard a lot of buzz around here about picking him up earlier this year. But I also heard he was getting manhandled in the last Raven's game by 2nd and 3rd string players
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 05:53 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Didn't they just pick him up?

they cut him earlier.. was picked up by 49ers and cut then picked up a week ago but the ravens again and cut...
Reply/Quote
Zuttah don't look like an upgrade from all that. Sounds like he fell off.

BTW, some nice run blocking from Andre and Westerman i see in the Bengal/Colts highlights.

We might be a good run blocking team this year which would be awesome.

Really like Hopkins.
Reply/Quote
I remember some around here being big fans of T.J. Clemmings when he came out of Pitt. He's available.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Zuttah could be total garbage. I just want them to take a look guys! Haha

I seriously doubt any OLine are even considered unless Alexander the Great says so.
Reply/Quote
Browns just cut Osweiller, like I predicted long ago. They still owe him 16 million, but got the Texans 2nd round pick next year. So basically they paid 16 million for an extra 2nd round pick. At first it doesnt look like a good move. But in the grand scheme of the NFL and the money involved, I can see that kind of move happening more and more to get extra draft picks.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 04:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: Greg Robinson couldn't take on good pass rushers in one on one situations for the Rams and got his QB killed. Scheme doesn't matter when a LT is on an island. He has been better in the run game though this preseason. Kouandjo has now been unable to find a home on two teams with average to bad O lines.

I remember when Robinson came out folks were comparing him to Orlando Pace. Perhaps not so much now. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 05:42 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: He very well could be. I just wouldn't mind bringing him in and taking a look. That's highly unlikely unless Alexander the Great gives the green light.

Agreed. If the Bengals find a castoff they want to take a look at, no way they'll sign them until after Week 1.

Alexander the Great will be just fine
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 06:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Alexander the Great will be just fine

Of course he will, he's got a guaranteed job for life. The Bengals won't be fine until he's unemployed.
Reply/Quote
Whatever, he is a fine coach.. well respected in the field... has been success as Coach in college and in professional.. and has a chance of having two HOF's players under his direction.
Reply/Quote
The C from WV already got cut. Tyler Orlosky.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 07:15 PM)TKUHL Wrote: The C from WV already got cut. Tyler Orlosky.

He's been injured the whole preseason, didn't play, just now getting healthy.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 06:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Whatever, he is a fine coach.. well respected in the field... has been success as Coach in college and in professional.. and has a chance of having two HOF's players under his direction.

The pass blocking has been hit or miss during his tenure, and we've had a decade+ of poor run blocking.

But yeah sure...he's a legend.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2017, 06:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Whatever, he is a fine coach.. well respected in the field... has been success as Coach in college and in professional.. and has a chance of having two HOF's players under his direction.

Damn it Essex don't make me lol

(09-01-2017, 07:15 PM)TKUHL Wrote: The C from WV already got cut. Tyler Orlosky.

(09-01-2017, 07:26 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He's been injured the whole preseason, didn't play, just now getting healthy.

Still would like him over Dielman who as RRL says spends a lot of time on the ground.

Put Orlovsky on the PS over this guy.

(09-01-2017, 07:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The pass blocking has been hit or miss during his tenure, and we've had a decade+ of poor run blocking.

But yeah sure...he's a legend.

Mastermind....

of the piano. John at the bar is a friend of mine, he gets me my drinks for free...
Reply/Quote