Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals roster projections
(08-27-2015, 11:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Lamur is the best nickel package backer we have when Burfict is not on the field....and they play in nickel around 2/3rds of the snaps.  There is no way Lamur doesn't make it. 

FWIW, Vinny Rey has filled in at Mike and so can Hawk. 

V-Rey is not very good at Mike and Flowers is making Lamur expendable
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 07:09 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: This roster effectively has 11 d-linemen with Carter Shocked

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Brock(the TE from last year) instead of Uzomah, or if they decided to cut Hunt for an extra WR or DE that they claim off waivers.

Overall it looks pretty believable.

I don't see anything believable about us keeping Kevin Brock over Uzomah.

Mainly because he's on IR with the Saints.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 09:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Could have if the Bengals selected Tyler Lockett in the second round and either Ogbuehi or Fisher in the first round instead of taking both OTs in the first two rounds. But shoulda, woulda, coulda....

I'll take building the line over a returner any day of the week.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 08:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: V-Rey is not very good at Mike and Flowers is making Lamur expendable

Completely agree, but I get the feeling that Lamur is turning into Ghiacuc part 2. The fans and everyone else sees his poor play, but the coaching staff refuses to let go for some reason.
Reply/Quote
Hunt needs gone....
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 05:28 PM)xavierdude Wrote: Hunt needs gone....

...unless he shows something in the last two pre-season games.  His biggest problem has been health, which is maddening because it makes it pretty hard to see what you even have in the guy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 06:04 PM)McC Wrote: ...unless he shows something in the last two pre-season games.  His biggest problem has been health, which is maddening because it makes it pretty hard to see what you even have in the guy.

Like the last 2 seasons when he wrecks 3rd stringers?

Health, while being a problem, is not his biggest problem. Not even close.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 06:05 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Like the last 2 seasons when he wrecks 3rd stringers?

Health, while being a problem, is not his biggest problem. Not even close.

How much has he been healthy in the regular season?  How many back to back games has he played?  They run him out there for a play, he gets pressure on the QB, then he goes and sits down.  He has not played enough.  On terms of time played, he's still like a rookie.

And when he's on the field, you know he is there.  If he was able to play a whole season, he'd be making plays.
Please don't act like he stinks.  You needs snaps to get better and he hasn't gotten them.  Can I guy get cut for that?  Absolutely.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 04:28 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't see anything believable about us keeping Kevin Brock over Uzomah.

Mainly because he's on IR with the Saints.

who dat stole off our IR
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 06:11 PM)McC Wrote: How much has he been healthy in the regular season?  How many back to back games has he played?  They run him out there for a play, he gets pressure on the QB, then he goes and sits down.  He has not played enough.  On terms of time played, he's still like a rookie.

And when he's on the field, you know he is there.  If he was able to play a whole season, he'd be making plays.
Please don't act like he stinks.  You needs snaps to get better and he hasn't gotten them.  Can I guy get cut for that?  Absolutely.  

How? What in God's name has he done for me to notice he's in the game? I guess he's pretty big and that helps...

I get it, he may have been further on his development had he'd been injured less, but I'm not cutting a more deserving player because of a improbable prayer that has yet to be answered.  
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 08:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: V-Rey is not very good at Mike and Flowers is making Lamur expendable

You mean the same Vinny Rey that had something like 3 sacks and an INT in one game against the Ratbirds?  I think he is pretty solid.  He might not be able to hold up to 16 games of pounding at the MIKE backer position, but he is a very solid backup.  He can also play every other LB spot. 

What has Flowers done to make Lamur expendable?  I haven't seen much from either, to be honest, but Lamur has shown the ability to cover well out of the nickel.   
Reply/Quote
No way watson makes it to our PS. He'll get snatched before that no doubt.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 06:26 PM)Stormborn Wrote: How? What in God's name has he done for me to notice he's in the game? I guess he's pretty big and that helps...

I get it, he may have been further on his development had he'd been injured less, but I'm not cutting a more deserving player because of a improbable prayer that has yet to be answered.  

He's got two games to make a splash.  Not saying he isn't on the bubble.  But they've kept him around this long with nothing to show for it.  What does that say?

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 03:05 PM)McC Wrote: He's got two games to make a splash.  Not saying he isn't on the bubble.  But they've kept him around this long with nothing to show for it.  What does that say?

I'm well aware of how invested they are in him, and how unfortunate that fact is.

This is what happens when you have bad edge player philosophy.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 03:40 PM)Stormborn Wrote: I'm well aware of how invested they are in him, and how unfortunate that fact is.

This is what happens when you have bad edge player philosophy.

Preaching to the choir.  If not bad, at the very least antiquated.

Reply/Quote
If they end up keeping Hunt over Carter I'll be very disappointed. Dude has straight balled every time he's been in.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 01:44 AM)magikod Wrote: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/08/26/bengals-roster-projection-20/32435853/

Agree outside of two things.

1) I see a possibility of Alford going to P.S. and retaining Little

2) I see Keo staying over Shawn Williams (Keo was one of Vance Joseph's guys in Houston and a special teams captain)
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 10:06 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Williams deserves a spot over Hunt.

Not even a question.

Completely agree and I have serious doubts that Wilder will make it to the PS. I think anoter team will scoop him up before he gets there.
Reply/Quote
Nice projection (to the OP). I think this projection will be about 95% on target after final cut downs are made, if not 100%. I can see a couple of them like Hunt not making it, but its not what we see but what the coaches/gm sees.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote