Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Willie weighs in on Bengals criticism
(02-21-2020, 01:34 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Sam Hubbard as well.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/30/sam-hubbard-hanging-out-joe-burrow-carlos-dunlap/

Coincidence?
Due diligence?
Geography?

Maybe a mix of all 3. 

right he is from the area so if hes looking for pros to workout with in the offseason bengals are closest.
Reply/Quote
Sorry gang, ill try to find a different obsession for a while.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 01:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not sure any other teams had a better WR duo during Chad and TJ’s primes. If there was, it wasn’t many.

The only ones from around that time were:

Harrison/Wayne
Bruce/Holt

And the latter two were nearing their end.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 01:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I agree for the most part but it comes back to the Bengals having MB at the helm as owner/GM for almost 30 years.  That and even when we are good we never make that push into the playoff games non fans are forced to watch.

We haven't succeeded in the games no football Fan can ignore.  The hope for Burrow is that he's going to be so good that even being in Cincy won't hide him from the NFL fans as a whole.

Oh don't get me wrong, in no way am I trying to take up for MB ! I could write a 1970's length issue of the encyclopedia britannica (that was the internet back then for you youngins) on stuff I think MB has muffed up.

It's just the whole Bengals history is such a double, triple, quadruple edged sword. Like you say we just can't ever get that final push, So frustrating !

The offense is going good the D sucks. We get a good thing going QB has his knee wrecked. Get going again QB breaks his thumb tackling DT. Seem to have it going and ML gets ultra conservative. Have it moving along and MB won't pay interior linemen. MB refuses entire Saints draft for no name QB. About to win a playoff game and between a fumble and stupid set of penalties give it away. I mean the list is endless.

But the list is not all on MB
Reply/Quote
Palmer quit the team and the Dalton led Bengals went to 5 straight playoffs. Yes, Bengals need practice bubble. But there are so many other teams that crap on their QB.

Look, Joe Burrow knows the game. He knows that teams want his services. He also knows how much respect the Bengals are showing Dalton in that they will not trade him to a team unless he wants to join that team. Bengals have tremendous respect for Dalton and Burrow knows this.

What the Bengals will not tolerate are snot-nose Millennials that try to buck their system. The Bengals are old school in that they will not tolerate athletes that will not honor their contract or athletes that try to tell them how to run their team. If Palmer wants to run a team, buy his own freaking team and run it.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 01:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh don't get me wrong, in no way am I trying to take up for MB ! I could write a 1970's length issue of the encyclopedia britannica (that was the internet back then for you youngins) on stuff I think MB has muffed up.

It's just the whole Bengals history is such a double, triple, quadruple edged sword. Like you say we just can't ever get that final push, So frustrating !

The offense is going good the D sucks. We get a good thing going QB has his knee wrecked. Get going again QB breaks his thumb tackling DT. Seem to have it going and ML gets ultra conservative. Have it moving along and MB won't pay interior linemen. MB refuses entire Saints draft for no name QB. About to win a playoff game and between a fumble and stupid set of penalties give it away. I mean the list is endless.

But the list is not all on MB

A lot of truth in what you say.  I'd also like add that while not trying to defend Mike Brown, as you pointed out, he's been his own worst enemy at making bumbling decisions at times.  However, he has been burnt a time or two with free agency deals that didn't pan out (a couple of WRs come to mind), and also had a few players from around the league appear to be imminent signings, only for said players to be using Mike's offers as negotiating leverage for deals with other teams.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Willie is right, in the end it is the players and coaches that need to get it done. MB just needs to add some more pieces in
FA and I think he will for once with Burrow coming in. Bring in Joe Thuney, Glasgow, Feiler, Scherff or Conklin.

Really like hearing about Burrow working with Ross. Seemed like Dalton and Ross just never got on the same page. With
Burrow's accuracy Ross might be able to grow into the player I thought he would be but he needs to stay healthy to do so.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 01:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A lot of truth in what you say.  I'd also like add that while not trying to defend Mike Brown, as you pointed out, he's been his own worst enemy at making bumbling decisions at times.  However, he has been burnt a time or two with free agency deals that didn't pan out (a couple of WRs come to mind), and also had a few players from around the league appear to be imminent signings, only for said players to be using Mike's offers as negotiating leverage for deals with other teams.

Yeah, quite a few players gave us the blue ballz lol

Sapp, Shaun Rogers, that Safety awhile back who's name is escaping me...
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 05:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, quite a few players gave us the blue ballz lol

Sapp, Shaun Rogers, that Safety awhile back who's name is escaping me...

Donte Whitner…   was Shaun rogers the DT that got popped at the airport with a gun in his carry on lol..
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2020, 07:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Donte Whitner…   was Shaun rogers the DT that got popped at the airport with a gun in his carry on lol..

That's the Safety, thanks.

Yeah, I think that was Rogers. We might of dodged a bullet...
Reply/Quote