Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bengals set on taking Burrow
Over the last two weeks in various conversations with coaches at LSU, scouts, decision-makers across the NFL and agents who represent top quarterbacks, it has become quite clear that Burrow will be the selection.

”Barring some kind of Ricky Williams trade up the board, they’re taking [Burrow],” is how one coach put it in a text this week. Others will tell you this has been known since the Bengals secured the No. 1 overall pick. So why are there rumors that Cincinnati and Burrow aren’t a fit?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/2/14/21137924/nfl-draft-rumors-2020-lsu-tigers-news-joe-burrow-bengals
Reply/Quote
As bad as Zac was last year, the West Coast Offense is the type of Offense Burrow fits.

Zac runs a WCO.

Just wish he wasn't the play caller.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 02:39 PM)Trademark Wrote: Over the last two weeks in various conversations with coaches at LSU, scouts, decision-makers across the NFL and agents who represent top quarterbacks, it has become quite clear that Burrow will be the selection.

”Barring some kind of Ricky Williams trade up the board, they’re taking [Burrow],” is how one coach put it in a text this week. Others will tell you this has been known since the Bengals secured the No. 1 overall pick. So why are there rumors that Cincinnati and Burrow aren’t a fit?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/2/14/21137924/nfl-draft-rumors-2020-lsu-tigers-news-joe-burrow-bengals

Other teams trying to play mind games.... so they can get burrow
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 02:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: As bad as Zac was last year, the West Coast Offense is the type of Offense Burrow fits.

Zac runs a WCO.

Just wish he wasn't the play caller.

Jay Gruden still available?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 03:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Jay Gruden still available?

Heard he is the OC of the Jags now.
Reply/Quote
NFL is a business. Drama keeps people interested and allows click-bait tags to make others money. Also, Agents want high status for clients.

How many have fallen from the conversation like Chase Young and Andrew Thomas. There was a time that Thomas was considered in top 3 picks, now some see him falling to late first round. I still see Chase Young going in top 3. Not too any will argue taking Burrow #1 but some will be jealous that out of all the teams to get probably the greatest QB in years it is the Bengals.

In a couple years around this time, no one will remember cry baby Palmer's comments and his voice on the topic will be castigated by Burrow's success with the Bengals. At least I hope so. Burrow will be the new Mayor of Cincinnati. Eventually the Governor of Ohio.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure we all knew that and Burrow knew it too.

Time to change to winning and having the confidence to back it up.
Reply/Quote
I don't think there is any question that Bengals want Burrow the question is more does Burrow want to be here and will be pull an Elway or Eli? Which also is highly unlikely.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 04:58 PM)J24 Wrote: I don't think there is any question that Bengals want Burrow the question is more does Burrow want to be here and will be pull an Elway or Eli? Which also is highly unlikely.

a question burrow and company have answered many times already... The answer is he will play for who drafts him and he will like it.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 06:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: a question burrow and company have answered many times already... The answer is he will play for who drafts him and he will like it.

Yeah, don't understand why we even have to keep going over this...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 06:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, don't understand why we even have to keep going over this...

People act like cause we had 3 none playoff years in a row we are suddenly something to avoid...

(but a successful 2020 will require not only some retooling of players but our coaches taking a step up)
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 07:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: People act like cause we had 3 none playoff years in a row we are suddenly something to avoid...

(but a successful 2020 will require not only some retooling of players but our coaches taking a step up)

True. The real question is the latter.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 04:58 PM)J24 Wrote: I don't think there is any question that Bengals want Burrow the question is more does Burrow want to be here and will be pull an Elway or Eli? Which also is highly unlikely.

His dad already said he wouldn’t. Why is this so hard to understand?

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 11:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: His dad already said he wouldn’t. Why is this so hard to understand?

Because people lie all the time and a lot of major reporters that no the inside of the NFL are reporting it or at least rumblings of it?
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 06:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: a question burrow and company have answered many times already... The answer is he will play for who drafts him and he will like it.

Right and know one has ever changed their minds or lied before? At the end of the day it's a business and Burrow, his family, and his agents are going to make the best business decision. It makes sense that working with Mike Brown isn't a good thing for a player.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2020, 12:14 AM)J24 Wrote: Because people lie all the time and a lot of major reporters that no the inside of the NFL are reporting it or at least rumblings of it?

The media is the biggest liars of all time telling you these very rumblings.

Go ahead and believe 'em. I have learned better many moons ago.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2020, 12:14 AM)J24 Wrote: Because people lie all the time and a lot of major reporters that no the inside of the NFL are reporting it or at least rumblings of it?

I’ll take his dad’s word over a bunch of clickbait and nonsense from the media.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2020, 12:19 AM)J24 Wrote: Right and know one has ever changed their minds or lied before? At the end of the day it's a business and Burrow, his family, and his agents are going to make the best business decision. It makes sense that working with Mike Brown isn't a good thing for a player.

Actually from a business standpoint going to the Bengals means #1 money, and Mike Brown has shown he’s willing to pay his players. Just look at Palmer’s 2nd contract.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 04:18 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: NFL is a business.  Drama keeps people interested and allows click-bate tags to make others money.  Also, Agents want high status for clients.  

How many have fallen from the conversation like Chase Young and Andrew Thomas.  There was a time that Thomas was considered in top 3 picks, now some see him falling to late first round.  I still see Chase Young going in top 3.  Not too any will argue taking Burrow #1 but some will be jealous that out of all the teams to get probably the greatest QB in years it is the Bengals.  

In a couple years around this time, no one will remember cry baby Palmer's comments and his voice on the topic will be castigated by Burrow's success with the Bengals.  At least I hope so.  Burrow will be the new Mayor of Cincinnati.  Eventually the Governor of Ohio.

Governor? OK, but does he Tweet? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PKx2Gyiav8
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2020, 12:26 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The media is the biggest liars of all time telling you these very rumblings.

Go ahead and believe 'em. I have learned better many moons ago.

The media has way too much power over peoples emotions and they know it. Not just sports, but all media. They dont even fancy themselves as journalists as much anymore, but rather social engineers. Opinion shifters. In other words, liars.

Was listening to the radio just the other day and they were yelling about how Burrow shouldnt play here, he will be ruined, etc, etc. Literally, in the same paragraph, one of the guys saying it said "I mean the Bengals, with AJ healthy and a good draft could be a 10 win team with Dalton". He says that after he said we would ruin Burrow. The stupidity is at an all time high with media. People should look down on these fools and it should be known that people look down on these fools.
Reply/Quote