Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals shopping John Ross
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 03:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Dang you got me by seconds haha.

In reality I think a new start would be good for all. If we could get a 3rd or 4th I'd be happy. That does open either FA (couple decent options) or a mid round pick for a WR. 
Reply/Quote
I like this idea. It was a pick that should never have been made. Flip Ross and pick up an OL or LB.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 03:55 PM)HuDey Wrote: I like this idea. It was a pick that should never have been made. Flip Ross and pick up an OL or LB.

Agreed, get a 2 or 3 for him....to draft OL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 03:59 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Agreed, get a 2 or 3 for him....to draft OL

I really like day 2 for WR's, with AJ's age and Boyd in a contract year with nothing behind them don't be surprised if we go WR early. 
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 04:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: I really like day 2 for WR's, with AJ's age and Boyd in a contract year with nothing behind them don't be surprised if we go WR early. 

Still hoping they take McGary; I think he's a cornerstone RT in the mould of Willie, Havenstein, etc.

We should be able to get him with our #2.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 04:04 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Still hoping they take McGary; I think he's a cornerstone RT in the mould of Willie, Havenstein, etc.

We should be able to get him with our #2.

Right (I agree actually), I am more talking either 3rd or in comp from this Ross move. Somewhere we will need to add at least one more WR maybe two. 
Reply/Quote
I disagree. You'd get a 4th rounder at best for this guy right now, and that's a pathetic ROI.

We have this brand new offensive-minded HC in place and an entirely new set of assistants.

I see no good reason not to try him out with this new staff instead of dumping him off for pennies on the dollar.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 04:09 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I disagree. You'd get a 4th rounder at best for this guy right now, and that's a pathetic ROI.

We have this brand new offensive-minded HC in place and an entirely new set of assistants.

I see no good reason not to try him out with this new staff instead of dumping him off for pennies on the dollar.

Unless the new coach watched the film and said pass. My guess is Taylor has a say in this. 
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 04:09 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I disagree. You'd get a 4th rounder at best for this guy right now, and that's a pathetic ROI.

Looks like the new coaching staff isn't interested......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 04:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: Right (I agree actually), I am more talking either 3rd or in comp from this Ross move. Somewhere we will need to add at least one more WR maybe two. 

Sorry, I completed missed that you said DAY 2 and not ROUND 2. My apologies.

I am in full agreement.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 04:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: Looks like the new coaching staff isn't interested......

Kind of surprising, but really isn't.

He's injury prone. His game speed doesn't seem to match his 40 yard time. He doesn't have great hands. He seems more like an athlete than a football player.

Just a terrible draft pick.

That said, we need to add a #3 WR some way.
Reply/Quote
John Ross to Tampa may be an interesting option. Arians has a history of liking smaller speedsters that can get vertical and Jackson wants out so he could be the heir to him there.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 04:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Kind of surprising, but really isn't.

He's injury prone. His game speed doesn't seem to match his 40 yard time. He doesn't have great hands. He seems more like an athlete than a football player.

Just a terrible draft pick.

That said, we need to add a #3 WR some way.

100% agree.

To add further, there have been numerous occasions of quitting on routes, seems he can only run three of those, and quite frankly, he just hasn't looked very good.  Taylor said he wanted people who wanted to be here, maybe the film told him all he needed to know, and this was the first casualty of that stance.

DeSean Jackson type FA, or draft?

Reply/Quote
Incoming 5th round pick so we can draft a special teamer.

I think this is gonna be a bad move, I thought Ross looked better last year and before a couple good WR drafts, the 3rd year was when WRs would make that step. I don't think Ross is gonna leave and become a superstar but I think we are better off seeing what he can do this year over going out and trading him for next to nothing.
Reply/Quote
I mean what's the most we could get for him? A four? Maybe a three?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 04:25 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I mean what's the most we could get for him?  A four?  Maybe a three?

I think realistically a 3rd is in play. Maybe it's Ross plus a pick as part of a package. It could also be Ross for another prominent player who may not have worked out somewhere. 
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 04:09 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I see no good reason not to try him out with this new staff instead of dumping him off for pennies on the dollar.

I think it has more to do with his attitude than his skills.

Remember when he posted a video from practice to try and show up the coaches?  He seems very immature.

Even his failures on the field seem to be more mental than physical.  He gives up on routes, and his rookie season I don't think he knew the playbook.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 04:25 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Incoming 5th round pick so we can draft a special teamer.

I think this is gonna be a bad move, I thought Ross looked better last year and before a couple good WR drafts, the 3rd year was when WRs would make that step. I don't think Ross is gonna leave and become a superstar but I think we are better off seeing what he can do this year over going out and trading him for next to nothing.

That's a good, and fair point.....but John has A LOT of stepping to do in year 3.  Like....Appalachian Trail amount of steps.

Reply/Quote

Agree 100 % it would be pathetic if we got a 3rd or 4th rounder for the number 9th pick of the draft. Like you I figured Taylor would want to see him in person first. I guess I would take a 2nd rounder if it was possible still had hope Ross would pan out in a new system. Reciver becomes a bigger need if we trade Ross but I would still go O-line and linebacker in the first two rounds were not winning anything with this offensive line or linebacker group. This also makes to start to question Tobin more and some of his drafts. I wonder if it was Tobin or Taylor calling the shots on the Ross trade or did they both think it was the right thing to do.
Reply/Quote